• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Alanofawesome

Smash Rookie
Naruto's down-b irritated me at first... until I realized that it forms one of the best edgeguards so far.
Pissed of my brother really bad with that one. POISSONALLY, i prefer kirby's hammer, but that's just me.

Also, did anyone notice all the damaging tactics you can use with shield-hopping (the SSF2 equivalent of roll-dodging)?

PS. Youko, you should sticky an official "Super Smash Flash 2 Discussion Thread", since this thread is becoming one.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
POISSONALLY, I prefer the air!

Anyways, PENGUINS WIN! STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS! PITTSBURGH'S THE CITY OF CHAMPIONS! WHOOOOO!

Of course, Youko and Panda probably aren't too happy about that. (Then again Panda probably doesn't care.)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
This is off topic, but Panda, I'm going to die.

GIVE ME A HINT TO WHAT IS REALLY IN THE REALM :embarrass:mad::(
Well, geez, all the more reason to have asked us when we were in Chicago, then!

Geez is in The Realm.
Chicago is not in The Realm.

I'm going to see if I can get Panda to talk post-E3 with me today in episode 49 part 2. So if we go live, expect a last-minute notification here. Also, this may be the last episode of SMYN as we know it. Hmm, I wanted to throw an "up until now" in there, but it just didn't work. Anyway, what do I mean by that? Well, you'll just have to stay tuned!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Ah, Brawl Talk...good times, good times.

You guys can trust us to cover the important bits of the event that was E3. However, if you have any questions you want answered, now's the time to ask them.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Lol, none of you are any help at all. I'll try to be here for the live streaming, especially if it's going to be special <3 lol

Edit: Is Youko in the realm, but turtles aren't in it?

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
are you guys excited for the DS scribblenauts. Both IGN and i think Gamespot have named it their game of show and any game where you can have god on a skateboard with a shotgun fighting cthulu is a win in my book

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I'll use it. It'll be awesome. Then I'll brag.

I can see BARELY some use. Like.... my Wii got stolen and I don't want to play through SSE again. I'd let it play through. Or I have to start over in Sonic and the Black Knight and I don't want to do the stuff I've done. Other than data wipes I see no real use.....

Although it'd be neat in an RPG. I'd get to near death and let it play. If I died I'd yell at Nintendo. D=

Someguy13

Smash Cadet
Well I hope they use it as an excuse to make games harder. Seriously if it's too hard for all the casual players they can just sit back and watch it play though. And us real men can play the game ourselves.
Not that I think this is gunna happen but it would be nice.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I'd only ever touch that thing if I absolutely hated the gameplay of some game, but wanted to see the end of the story.

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
are you guys excited for the DS scribblenauts. Both IGN and i think Gamespot have named it their game of show and any game where you can have god on a skateboard with a shotgun fighting cthulu is a win in my book
I just looked up that trailer and it was win. Go Cthulu!!!

Anyway I doubt this e3 will make panda like nintendo but I hope that they are not dissapointed at the least. Maybe a certain game that they forgot to predict on the first part will make them happy?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
8:00 PM Eastern.

On stickam.com/smyn

I'll go live now so you can all file in for OUR E3-related press conference of sorts.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Woot woot peach secondary Youko! I knew it was coming, lol. I liked this episode, good job :)

Edit: still dieing inside trying to discover the secrets of the realm >.<

WaterTails

Smash Lord
It's even cooler that he mains Falco. He has the mad pew pews.

Also, Moozle, try using the example that Youko figured it out with. Toon Link is in the realm, but Link isn't.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Episode download: http://smyn.smashnexus.net/podcast/SMYN49_part2.mp3

From our blog:
So MLG has supposedly given us a tentative schedule for fixing the podcast on iTunes, thus forging us to Major League Gaming. SUPPOSEDLY. The end of this month!!

Until this occurs, Show Me Your News is on hiatus. The limited distribution is almost not worth the effort, you know? HOWEVER, we will be working diligently to get this done so we can come back with full force.

AS NOTED in the now-released episode 49 part 2, we wish to revamp and expand the podcast when we come back for episode 50. And we need your help for that! How do want Show Me Your News to improve? What needs to change? It's up to you!

WaterTails

Smash Lord
How do want Show Me Your News to improve?
I guess this isn't as much a necessity, but after hearing Panda's tirade on how Youko hasn't played a Final Fantasy, I'd like to see a SMYN game club.

In brief, the podcast hosts pick a game to play, they, and the listeners, play the game up to a point, and the podcasters discuss the section. If you want a fairly current example, check out the Rebel FM podcast. It might not work with Youko's busyness and Panda's tournamenting and med school, but it'd be neat!

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Add music. You love music right Youko? Just a bit where you name a band that you think deserves recognition and explain why. I think that'd be neat. Except it'd basically ostracize Panda. D=

Revven

FrankerZ
How about a quick segment on what both you and Panda have played over the last whatever time since the last podcast? I think that'd bring some interesting discussion to the table assuming either of you play anything new within that time period or play anything in general.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Hm, interesting thoughts so far.

However, we'd ideally like to make the podcast shorter (...maybe half an hour, hour tops?) and adding stuff doesn't really help that. It's almost as if we're looking for a new format here which would breathe life into the show, but also make things easier for us to put them out consistently, what with an important year of school impending.

...Oh, and by the way, here's the first release of the texture pack I've been working on, for those that are interested: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237712

DARKALONDITE

Smash Apprentice
interesting post I found in Gamefaqs. Note, I don't mean to sound stupid but this guy has an interesting idea:

If it was made by Valve, it would please the fans. And then they'd update to make even better.
*Sigh* Why can't Nintendo learn from the guys behind TF2?

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
I guess this isn't as much a necessity, but after hearing Panda's tirade on how Youko hasn't played a Final Fantasy, I'd like to see a SMYN game club.

In brief, the podcast hosts pick a game to play, they, and the listeners, play the game up to a point, and the podcasters discuss the section. If you want a fairly current example, check out the Rebel FM podcast. It might not work with Youko's busyness and Panda's tournamenting and med school, but it'd be neat!
I kind of like that idea. The only problem would be the cost of getting a new game fairly often on top of other games you want to get. But I think that maybe this would work better as a thread on the smyn site than a section of the podcast, but it could work.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
The thing that makes it long are the tangents. The only way to limit it is to get rid of Panda. :/ lol

Just....choose a cut off point. I think the only way to do it is to devote a certain amount of time to any section you want to include.

What does this mean for the OSBR podcast btw? Or has that BEEN cancelled and I didn't notice?

Darkurai

Smash Master
Hm, interesting thoughts so far.

However, we'd ideally like to make the podcast shorter (...maybe half an hour, hour tops?) and adding stuff doesn't really help that. It's almost as if we're looking for a new format here which would breathe life into the show, but also make things easier for us to put them out consistently, what with an important year of school impending.

...Oh, and by the way, here's the first release of the texture pack I've been working on, for those that are interested: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237712
Significant and painful lack of Obama Falcon.

I'll talk to my sister about downloading that. I have a bunch of textures that she made, so I'm a little hesitant to get rid of those.

Landry

Smash Ace
If your going to do shorter podcast we better be getting them more often Youko. To be honest I want to hear more about Smash, more Nintendo, less of the main stream. I know that's probably not the direction you want to take it, but I'd rather listen to Panda rant about how Nintendo sucks then how Sony is so awesome. I also think it'd be cool to hear about tourneys you guys have gone to recently, how Panda did, stuff like that.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I'm still thinking about what would make this podcast better, and all I can think of is that it was really fun having non-smashers (except for Rina-chan) be on the podcast like with episode 48.

Also I was wondering why easter eggs are called easter eggs. Is it because they are in the realm so they can do anything they want(lol, yes, i finally did it. IDK what took me so long)?

Edit: Hey I just re listened to some of the most recent episode, and i was wondering how you spell that scribble knots thing. It sounds too insane! The easter egg at the end with Prince Ali is so funny lol.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations on figuring it out. Out of curiosity, what tipped you off, Moozle?

Anyways, I think you should focus completely on the tournament scene at Michigan. Besides talking about matches and matchups, you could have a segment of "Panda's School of Kickass," in which he teaches Youko how to play better (since Youko apparently doesn't play as much). That would probably help some of the members here quite a bit.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Glad to hear that progress is being made. Maybe now I'll be motivated to FINISH THE **** RADIOPLAY.

*self ***-kicking*

As for new stuff...I dunno. I suppose "Wut R U Playin" should be a mainstay if only because there's a LOT OF GAMES coming out these days. Not to mention a MLG e-mail address that we can spam to speed up the podcast's return. It'd be cool if we could organize a big tournament for SMYN users in some sort of online game as well. (Probably 360 or PS3 so we can do voice chat)

Also, a MAJOR point of contention with your last show: Sakurai did NOT make DIY. He's only making certain microgames for people to download. If you've seen videos of the game (look for "Made in Ore"), you'd see just how RIDICULOUSLY customizable this thing is.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Glad to hear that progress is being made. Maybe now I'll be motivated to FINISH THE **** RADIOPLAY.

*self ***-kicking*
Er, isn't that supposed to be done, like, next month? Editing, voicing, and all?

EDIT: What the ****. I just listened to the first five minutes of the podcast on my browser, why was the download only 26 seconds.

EDIT 2: Oh my god iTunes you suck and I hate you Apple.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
The operative word being "WAS". I was going to get the prologue recorded and edited for the 50th episode, but only two people actually sent in their lines, so I couldn't do much. Then when the podcast went on hiatus and it looked like it would be trapped in the phantom zone for a while, it kind of killed my motivation to keep going.

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
If you're shooting for a half-hour format, you could try something simple like a "Past, Present, Future" type of thing.

Past being a section for quick game reviews. You could give a quick review about games that have come out with a simple rating system. If no games have come out that you've played then you could go into some retro games.

Present is the section with the most flexibility. You could discuss things like recent news, games you are currently playing, or other things not related to games such as movies/TV.

With the future portion you could discuss upcoming releases for games. You could probably cap the episode off with a mail time.

Also, you could just edit around the Panda rants/tangents, which would take some time but would make for a tighter show all around. Maybe you could offer two versions, edited and unedited. Just some ideas.

Top Bottom