• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
Ok then here's some Mailtime questions:

1. Are you guys getting hyped for The Conduit? I've seen some gameplay footage and it looks great. What are your thoughts on it in general and how it will affect the Wii.

2. Now that the Second Tier List has been released, which of the lower tier characters do you think have the possibility to rise up in competitive play? (please say Ganon)

3. When will, "Panda's Tips for Better Awesomeness" resume?

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
A question mostly for Panda, but everyone else's input is more than welcome:

With the critical and financial success of titles like Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, and the major hype for upcoming games like Street Fighter IV and the TMNT fighter, do you think that 2D fighting games are on the rise again? And if so, do you think there's any hope of them reaching the acclaim that they once enjoyed back in the '90s?

Also, a more on topic question:

Obviously, infinites are problematic, but aside from out-and-out eliminating them, it might also be helpful if players knew how to prevent them from occurring. With that said, are there any particular characters or techniques that you've found make avoiding or escaping infinites easier?

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Mailtime Questions:

1.) What do you think of MadWorld for the Wii?

2.) What do you think of ESTEEMED VOICE ACTOR STEVEN JAY BLUM as the voice of the main character, Jack?

3.) Which of ESTEEMED VOICE ACTOR STEVEN JAY BLUM'S many voice-acting roles do you prefer? Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop, TOM from Toonami, Orochimaru from Naruto, Mugen from Samurai Champloo, or Shishio Makoto from Rurouni Kenshin? (please say Shishio)

4.) How much does Rurouni Kenshin kick ***?

(c wat i did there?)

WilldaBeast

Smash Apprentice
Mailtime:

Do you think the choice of Iwata for the keynote speech at GDC is a good one? Do you think he will make any notable announcements?

Are you excited for the release of Street fighter 4 or The Legend of Chun-li and what do you think about English voice acting for the American version of the game?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
The legend of Chun Li? They're making a GAME about her?........

She's my favorite. She's been my main since SF2. I DON'T want that game to happen... Do they REALLY need to ***** her out more than they have?

Oh Will. While you're around. Are there going to be infinites in SSF2? ;)

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Why isn't there anyone cast as Ryu or Ken? What the hell? Also live action?..... huh.

I'll probably see it. Even though I'll be disappointed. They should just release it the same day as the Dragonball movie so I can go into full blown depression.

>.>

Time to burn some muscle!

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
Dude the dragonball movie is going to be awesome. Actually, I'm going to turn this into a mailtime question.

If guys have seen the trailer for Dragonball, what do you think of it? If haven't seen the trailer, go see it.

Kirbichu

Smash Apprentice
Mailtime:

Do you guys think Nintendo will release Smash 64 overseas? And if so, when do you think it would be available and would you purchase it?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Keep the questions coming, these are some good ones.

Mad hype for tomorrow night!!

EDIT: Oh ho, it seems that an addition's been made to my profile. But uh, if you please, don't waste your spam on that here, thanks. Cuz it was going to be brought up, regardless, so I'll spare you the trouble of wondering if you should make a note of it in this thread...don't.

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for reminding me Youko. I almost forgot about it.

Another mailtime question is: Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl and who do you think is actually going to win?

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Mailtime Question:

Seeing as Nintendo is going to be remaking some gamecube games as budget titles with new Wii controlls (and sometimes new levels), what gamecube games would you want to see get this treatment?

WilldaBeast

Smash Apprentice
The legend of Chun Li? They're making a GAME about her?........

She's my favorite. She's been my main since SF2. I DON'T want that game to happen... Do they REALLY need to ***** her out more than they have?

Oh Will. While you're around. Are there going to be infinites in SSF2? ;)
Thats difficult to say, Were trying our best to avoid those kind of things but hey, if they happen, they happen. And with the strength of grabs from the newest demo I want to say it is certainly a possibility.

JawaJedi

Smash Journeyman
Mailtime:

Are you guys fans of homestarrunner.com?
What is your favorite music group?
Will you be attending the Toys-R-Us Pokemon Shaymin event February 8-14?
How often do you check the Dojo?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Dude the dragonball movie is going to be awesome. Actually, I'm going to turn this into a mailtime question.

If guys have seen the trailer for Dragonball, what do you think of it? If haven't seen the trailer, go see it.
If by awesome, then you mean a complete disgrace to the original series and will be absolutely horrible, then yes, I agree.

I mean, Piccolo isn't green. wtf.

Mailtime Question: What already announced games are you guys looking forward to the most this year? For me, it's only Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter IV and Pokemon Platinum. Looks like a pretty quiet year in gaming so far...

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Mailtime:

Are you guys fans of homestarrunner.com?
What is your favorite music group?
Will you be attending the Toys-R-Us Pokemon Shaymin event February 8-14?
How often do you check the Dojo?
I can answer two of those right now: Yes, they're Homestar fans (as has been brought up many times during the show's run), and no, they don't check the Dojo now that it's no longer updating.

Revven

FrankerZ
Here's a fun question:

Do you guys play Brawl+ much? I know you've tried it once, but, I don't know if you guys play it for fun from time to time at all.

When Gecko OS 2.0 comes out, do you guys plan to make textures for Brawl with it? (It's one of its features, you will be able to make textures without having to use a Wii that has a modchip).

And finally, something else:

Has Panda been helping Youko get better at Brawl? And if not, does Panda PLAN to help Youko or is Youko too busy for it? :p

Sliq

Smash Master
You bishes better get hyped, because I just drank like 50 redbulls so I'd be pumped enough for this ****.

I hope I don't go down as the first smasher ever to have his heart explode while doing a podcast. And if I do, I want my tombstone to be of Captain Falcon falcon punching while riding on Bowser's back, and he is breathing fire everywhere.

Then the epitaph should read, here lies Sliq. Words could not describe how awesome he was, so we made this kick *** tombstone to help get the picture across.

Last edited:

Sliq

Smash Master
Just so you guys know, the podcast is gonna be delayed a bit (like an hour or so) because SpamuraiButt is in a tournament.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
So I accidentally get kicked last time, and yet I'm the one who kicked Youko this time on accident. Delicious irony! Ha ha ha ha...heh heh heh heh...huh...huh...*sobs quietly in a corner*

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I dunno, I kinda like their Raichu costume for Pikachu more...

Shame too, they didn't use Falconmon's lyrics.

Top Bottom