• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

WaterTails

Smash Lord
From what I caught, which was, like, the last hour, it was educational.

Also, can we get the download? I need to listen to SMYN over the Super Bowl two years in a row!

Sliq

Smash Master
HAHAHAH At Pirate Bowser. Also, I personally didn't think I said anything worthwhile...

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
You guys need to get cracking on the Sleek & Helium Show. See if you can get hooked up with a reality show on MTV, where they will be showing ROB DYRDEK'S FANTASY FA-*shot*

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
It's debate format, guys. Specifically, debate revolving around infinites.

Also, the download link hinges on MLG; be patient.

Edit: HOLY ****! Stack Smash actually put out their textures! Get 'em while you still can!

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if it's too early to shoot out a mail-time question. If it is sorry.

Mail-time Question:

Do you guys think that there will be any announcement from Nintendo regarding a new home console in the near future (e3)? The SNES came out in 1991 (in America), the N64 came out in 1996, the Gamecube came out in 2001, and the Wii came out in 2006. If we look back at the trends that Nintendo has set, (Gamecube being announced 2 years before launch, Wii being announced 2 years before launch) then this is theoretically they year that we will hear about a new Nintendo system. I know it seems a bit soon to be thinking about this, but with the Xbox 360 and PS3 being completely HD compatible, it might be time Nintendo moves into that territory. Also, just because the Wii is making money doesn't mean they can't push another system; think DSi.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Actually, Nintendo didn't shut them down. Team Twilight's server got paranoid that Nintendo WOULD come after them, so they took TT down preemptively. Apparently, the same thing happened to Syntax Error, who never actually saw a letter from Nintendo. Unfortunately, the textures were accidentally wiped, so they can't just host them somewhere else. Annoying and dumb if you ask me.

Also, we've finally got a teaser trailer for TMNT: Smash Up

Jonas

Smash Champion
Yeah, the trailer sucks.

Also, the game is going to be in stamina mode. I hate Brawl's stamina mode :(
But I hope it turns out alright. I like Smash and I like Ninja Turtles, so I'll be watching this.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Brawl wasn't MADE for stamina though. Don't discredit it cause of that.

Also with all this "hacking" someone should make a.... whatever the audio version of a .WAD file is so we can have Japanese audio ****it.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I think we've set a record for LACK of feedback with an episode. Good job, guys.

Anyway, happy birthday, Buzz!! Go spam his wall with well-wishes.

crewster

Smash Lord
I LIEK SPAMMIN' MOD'S WALLS!!!!!!!

anyway, mailtime question: what SWF skin do you use/prefer?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Sorry. I just listened to it like... Wednesday actually. First I forgot to put it on my Zune. Then I forgot I HAD it and.... yeah.....

So.... no Anther made me sadface but it was a great episode. Not QUITE as good as the MK one but better than hacking(and before people jump on me I'm not INTO the hacking scene, (yet) and the fact that I still listened to it twice should say something about it. XD). I got to fight some Icys and I actually do a LITTLE better against them now but them and Diddy are still my ****ing bane. I really enjoyed the TvC discussion and I hope you consider putting matches of SP's Joe online. I'm considering buying an SD reader, hacking my wii and importing that game JUST for Joe. (They BETTER make VJ3 ****it) Wish I could have been there for the live feed. The ONE Saturday I had work in like 2 months. Go figure eh?

I'm still okay with the Icy infinites and against the D3 infinites though.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I think we've set a record for LACK of feedback with an episode. Good job, guys.

Anyway, happy birthday, Buzz!! Go spam his wall with well-wishes.
Thanx, Youko! And I am in the process of devouring the episode one session at a time.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Haven't had the chance to listen yet, sorry.

When I'm not at rehearsal, I'm usually socializing with friends. Neither is a good time to be listening to podcasts. I should have some time this week, though.

Darkurai

Smash Master
PSA time

lol I should feel LUCKY I have a boring job. I listened to it twice in a row. XD
Hey. Rehearsal may not leave me with luxuries like "free time", but in the grand scheme of things, I'd take them over a boring job any day. I'll be so sad when they're over. :(

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
This thread has over 12,000 posts. The SMYN forum could certainly use an additional 12,000 posts. :p

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
Too soon for mailtime questions?

I recently returned from the NY Comic Con and was surprised to see that the majority of Wii games there were quality, mature themed and from third parties. It also seemed like many of these titles had been overlooked by the general gaming population. This included titles like, madworld, house of the dead, deadly creatures, the conduit, overlord and tenchu 4. While it's true that Comic Con probably caters to core gamers, this combined with announcements like Dead Space Wii from EA and even as far back as the Nintendo Conference last october lead me to believe that with the Wii installed base so large 2009 will be the year third parties put significant more qualities into their casual and also core Wii games allowing the two to coexist a la the PS2.

What do you guys think? Is this Wii starting to come into its own as market leader or am I just a hopeless fanboy lost in denial?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Judging by the crazy rate at which Wii consoles are still selling, I think the Wii will be a true competitor to the PS2. They have already projected numbers saying that Wii will pass PS2 in a few years, and it comes as no surprise.

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
Wow you're picky. lol

PANDA! I was watching the live feed of CoT4. You're a freaking awesome commentator. ^_^
Yeah seriously Panda, way to step it up and save what little face the community had after this weekend's incident. I read about how you took control and I listened to the majority of your broadcast from Chibo's apartment. I must say that you seem like a quality guy. If I ever meet you, the next beer is on me.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Mailtime questions DEFINITELY needed, seeing as how...

EPISODE 46: Sunday, February 15th @ 8:00 PM (ET) - guest(s) TBA

We'll probably talk CoT4 and gaming news, since it's been a while since we've done that.

Top Bottom