• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Im only looking forward to Capcom vs. Tatsuko. Every other game I want is on xbox 360. Im curious about sonic unleashed though, I hope the finished game manages to maintain a steady framerate.
in the demo at E3 the framerate dropped whenever sonic was going really fast.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
The only good games on the Wii are TP, Galaxy, Metroid, Kart, Super Paper Mario, Brawl and Megaman 9.

The first 5 are incredibly easy and I've beaten them 100% within the first month of me owning them and never went back. The latter two, however, I'm still playing today and don't see myself stopping anytime soon (MM9 has challenges...pure replay value at it's finest)

I think the only thing besides those two games that are making me keep my Wii is the homebrew stuff. Seriously, it's amazing.

Deception

Smash Ace
The only good games on the Wii are TP, Galaxy, Metroid, Kart, Super Paper Mario, Brawl and Megaman 9.

The first 5 are incredibly easy and I've beaten them 100% within the first month of me owning them and never went back. The latter two, however, I'm still playing today and don't see myself stopping anytime soon (MM9 has challenges...pure replay value at it's finest)

I think the only thing besides those two games that are making me keep my Wii is the homebrew stuff. Seriously, it's amazing.
It's a good thing there's a **** ton of great looking games from both Nintendo and third parties coming next year.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Brawl (and maybe Survivor commentary when we decide to watch it on our DVR??) on Stickam...

Exia 00

Smash Champion
call me a n00b but.......what games have retro worked on ? >_> im such a n00b....
/wrist

Edit: nevermind, i just remembered they worked on metroid prime. Why retro ? I like metroid but I dont see why retro...can someone explain ?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Retro turned Metroid into something AMAZING. Zelda needs that touch now. And no, Retro making it does NOT imply turning Zelda into a first-person game. >_>

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Is Captain Rainbow any good? I might have to give the ol' Wii ISO Loader a go with it buy a Japanese Wii and a copy of the game.

Also, my most wanted Nintendo game (besides a new Zelda) is a new Star Fox game made by Nintendo. Not by Rare, not by Namco, not by bloody Q-games. Nintendo. Like the first two awesome Star Fox games.

Deception

Smash Ace
Is Captain Rainbow any good? I might have to give the ol' Wii ISO Loader a go with it buy a Japanese Wii and a copy of the game.

Also, my most wanted Nintendo game (besides a new Zelda) is a new Star Fox game made by Nintendo. Not by Rare, not by Namco, not by bloody Q-games. Nintendo. Like the first two awesome Star Fox games.
Sin and Punishment 2 looks similar to a Starfox game, they are both on-rail shooters and Saki can now fly on some levels.

Nintendo is abusing Zelda. I trust Retro far more than Nintendo right now.
If you said Pokemon was getting abused, I would agree, but Zelda? Zelda games aren't put out that often, hardly abused at all. The real problem with Zelda is that it needs a drastic change to its gameplay to avoid becoming stale. If you think difficulty is the problem, this is not the series for you. All the Zelda games have been easy, II was just the exception.

Besides, the Zelda team is working on Zelda, as Nintendo stated. I trust the Zelda team this time, because Miyamoto said that Twilight Princess would be the last Zelda game of its kind, so I expect the big changes the series needs.

Julz

Smash Apprentice
Zelda had content for the hard core gamer and you could always opt to make the game harder for yourself: no shield, ordon blade, no uber techniques(mortal draw anyone?), come to mind.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Zelda had content for the hard core gamer and you could always opt to make the game harder for yourself: no shield, ordon blade, no uber techniques(mortal draw anyone?), come to mind.
That could be said of ANY game. A game is not fun when I have to enforce my own moral rules. I like it when I am free to use any technique I wish because the game difficulty actually calls for it.

@Deception - Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask were all decently difficult. I know that Zelda is not supposed to be frustratingly hard, but Twilight Princess dropped the difficulty so far that I didn't have to think anymore.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Besides, the Zelda team is working on Zelda, as Nintendo stated. I trust the Zelda team this time, because Miyamoto said that Twilight Princess would be the last Zelda game of its kind, so I expect the big changes the series needs.
Nintendo has explicitly stated that they're going to make Zelda "more accessable".
I think we all know what that means.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Nintendo has explicitly stated that they're going to make Zelda "more accessable".
I think we all know what that means.
Yes. Zelda will now become an educational video game.
They can't get any easier the Twilight Princess in my opinion, though obviously it was an outstanding game.

Deception

Smash Ace
That could be said of ANY game. A game is not fun when I have to enforce my own moral rules. I like it when I am free to use any technique I wish because the game difficulty actually calls for it.

@Deception - Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask were all decently difficult. I know that Zelda is not supposed to be frustratingly hard, but Twilight Princess dropped the difficulty so far that I didn't have to think anymore.
Those games weren't hard. I can fly through all those games easily with few deaths. TP was easier, but that's because all games today are easier, not just Nintendo's games. Consoles today have better and more responsive controls, clearer graphics that make it easier to see obstacles, and most companies are adding tutorials to their games so people understand it better. I doubt Retro could even make a new Zelda as hard as something like the original Mega Man.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Those games weren't hard. I can fly through all those games easily with few deaths. TP was easier, but that's because all games today are easier, not just Nintendo's games. Consoles today have better and more responsive controls, clearer graphics that make it easier to see obstacles, and most companies are adding tutorials to their games so people understand it better. I doubt Retro could even make a new Zelda as hard as something like the original Mega Man.
I agree. Megaman is no longer a challenge for me but its a lot harder than most recent games. I swear.....why cant nintendo put difficulty settings on their
falcon
games >_> I would love to play zelda on intense......seriously. GOD! this makes me want to
falcon
punch someone >_>.....$#&@!

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
This episode was extremely boring. Please get some Pro's on as soon as possible, it really needs it.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
You doubt Retro could make one as hard as the original Mega Man? It's not that hard to make the game harder. Nintendo puts effort into dumbing it waaay down.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
lol. I cant beat Link to the past o_O Its been sooooo long and I never finished it XD I may try to finish it sometime in the future lol.

Deception

Smash Ace
lol. I cant beat Link to the past o_O Its been sooooo long and I never finished it XD I may try to finish it sometime in the future lol.
Seriously. Link to the Past was my first Zelda game and I thought it was FREAKING hard!!!
I could never get into Link to the Past, be it on SNES or GBA. I ADORED both versions of Link's Awakening, though.
Really? It was my first game PERIOD, but that's what got me into hardcore gaming. The only hard thing is figuring out the puzzles and how to beat bosses. This is basically my favorite Zelda, and I find it really easy and I rarely die. And I would probably find the next Zelda easy even if they decide to make it harder. And accessibility =/= easy. It probably means the next Zelda will have a better control scheme using Motion Plus, and swinging a sword like real life is something that everyone understands. But Zelda is a very easy series, at least to me, so I don't expect a new Zelda game to challenge as much Mega Man 9 (and I'm very good at classic Mega Man games, btw, so MM9's difficulty shocked me).

Speaking of MM9, has anyone gotten the first pack of DLC with Proto Man and the Endless Stage. I only had 200 points leftover, so I got Proto Man, and even though I like Proto Man as a character, he really sucks in this game. He takes twice as much damage as Mega Man, making it harder to beat bosses even though you have a charge shot, and the shot is really small, unlike the huge charge shots Mega Man had in MM5.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
But Zelda is a very easy series, at least to me, so I don't expect a new Zelda game to challenge as much Mega Man 9 (and I'm very good at classic Mega Man games, btw, so MM9's difficulty shocked me).

Speaking of MM9, has anyone gotten the first pack of DLC with Proto Man and the Endless Stage. I only had 200 points leftover, so I got Proto Man, and even though I like Proto Man as a character, he really sucks in this game. He takes twice as much damage as Mega Man, making it harder to beat bosses even though you have a charge shot, and the shot is really small, unlike the huge charge shots Mega Man had in MM5.
Megaman 9 isn't hard... Wiley's castle is pretty tough but......

Protoman is out? YES! <3 Protoman Going to buy it now.....

Oh and my SMYN file fixed itself... somehow. It was a problem with my MP3 player methinks since a couple of my songs were messed up. Although Atreyu's you give love a bad name cover is AWESOME in fastforward.

I change my mind. Do Endless Mode. MM9 is HARD

Deception

Smash Ace
Megaman 9 isn't hard... Wiley's castle is pretty tough but......

Protoman is out? YES! <3 Protoman Going to buy it now.....

Oh and my SMYN file fixed itself... somehow. It was a problem with my MP3 player methinks since a couple of my songs were messed up. Although Atreyu's you give love a bad name cover is AWESOME in fastforward.

I change my mind. Do Endless Mode. MM9 is HARD
Yeah, it's really only the Wily stages and Wily himself, unless you use no powerups on some stages and bosses. Like Plug Man, who's the hardest to kill with the buster, or Tornado Man's stage without the Rush Jet.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I only used... the Mega Buster, the Gravity Bomb, Rush Jet and Hornet chaser in that one room where the tumbleweed... things are falling everywhere. Oh. And the Rush coil but that was for powerups.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I saw the Dark Knight today. Doesn't match up to the hype, thats for sure, but I was expecting that. Not very Batman-y, which is a huge plus. The movie had its ups and downs. I guess I can understand why some people watched it more than once, but watching it more than twice is just silly IMO. Overall the movie was pretty good, but not outstanding by any means.

Also, did anyone else catch the obvious reference to George Bush? The first (and only?) time that anyone referred to Joker as a "terrorist" was when Alfred was talking to that one girl. He said something along the lines of "When you deal with a terrorist, you sometimes have to make decisions that are very unpopular..." Yeah, I definitely ROFLed at that since it was so blatant. There are some other interesting cinematography things I caught, but that one reference to Bush took the cake.

Top Bottom