• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
I can see where your coming from deception and i think that the podcast has evoled into more than just a podcast. It's a separate community of its own right. I can talk to people that I've never even met before and agree (or disagree) on certain subjects. Thats what makes SMYN so great, is the people. But if thats not what your looking for then I guess I bid thee farewell.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
A correction: only one of the DSi's screens is touch-compatible.

Also, to elaborate on the "Let's Play on Wii" thing, Nintendo's re-releasing DK Jungle Beat as a Wii game with upped visuals and compatible controls on December 11th (in Japan only, I assume, but who knows?), with Pikmin following on the 25th. 2009 will also feature wii-makes of Chibi Robo, Pikmin 2, Mario Power Tennis, Metroid Prime, and Metroid Prime 2.

Heh...it's funny, yet it kinda sucks that all this great news happened AFTER the pdocast...

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Perhaps it has become too focused on its obsessed fans. No room for someone who is a casual fan of the show.

Wow, I now understand Nintendo.
That makes no sense. Especially considering the new direction we're taking the podcast. In fact, that's the opposite of whats happening.

McRib

Smash Journeyman
Is there any reason why the episode can't be downloaded yet because I wasn't able to listen to it live and just wanted to know if it was going to be posted, or if it was just a live episode.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
It will be posted within the next day or so, just like every episode before this one...

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
Okay that was ridiculously fun but I still feel a bit like I ruined it xD BUT ignore me I'm always like that.

As for what I was trying to say about my art (I have difficulty accepting praise so it throws me completely off guard and I'm like "Oh... really? ... well I guess..." xD)

RIGHT when I draw I pretty much start with one simple concept, let's use the Florj shirt as an Example, the original idea was a sign saying "Welcome to Florj"

Then when I did that I thought "This is plain I think it needs something else" thusly begins the artistic Tangent.

So I added youko... then decided he needed Sunglasses... and a scarf (Lol Falcon Scarf) then I started drawing Youko on a motorbike similar to Wario's Bike as a Wayko reference then I went on an even further tangent when I decided to combine it with the Blue Falcon and create the Blue Youko.

... so yeah... my art is just a work of Tangent and last minute changes.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Hey, that works for me, Spork. After all, SMYN is all about tangents!

Edit: Sin & Punishment 2 confirmed for a North American release in 2009. WiiSpeak arrives November 16th. Club Nintendo FINALLY coming to America before year's end. Chrono Trigger coming to DS Thanksgiving week in NA. The Conduit available in Q1 09. Punch-Out being released stateside within first half of 09.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Really, I think the podcast been going downhill ever since Brawl was out in America. But if you guys want to keep worshiping these guys no matter what without thinking, be my guest. I'm done with this thing, last night proved that this show is not worth the time to listen to anymore.

And no flaming me, there's enough hate in this world because people can't get along.
You know what?

Maybe I'm a huge fan of the podcast. Maybe...just maybe...I REALLY like it. If I enjoy something a ton don't go on and accuse me of worshiping who did it. Don't accuse me of exclaiming my appreciation of it "without thinking" because i can assure you its the opposite. Keep your opinons to yourself.

Deception

Smash Ace
You know what?

Maybe I'm a huge fan of the podcast. Maybe...just maybe...I REALLY like it. If I enjoy something a ton don't go on and accuse me of worshiping who did it. Don't accuse me of exclaiming my appreciation of it "without thinking" because i can assure you its the opposite. Keep your opinons to yourself.
I just said no flaming. You can like this show if you want, but I've listened to every podcast, and now I feel alienated mainly because of the fans flaming me when I disagree with someone on the show. Don't tell me to keep my opinions to myself, nothing would get done in this world if people didn't express their thoughts. You just look like a jerk when you refuse to listen.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I just said no flaming. You can like this show if you want, but I've listened to every podcast, and now I feel alienated mainly because of the fans flaming me when I disagree with someone on the show. Don't tell me to keep my opinions to myself, nothing would get done in this world if people didn't express their thoughts. You just look like a jerk when you refuse to listen.
I've never seen anyone in the SMYN fanbase flame someone (unless of course it's one of those people that keeps doing stupid **** such as Melee vs. Brawl, ban Meta Knight, etc.), tbh. I've also never seen anyone speak out against disagreeing with someone on the podcast unless they truly agreed with what the person on the podcast said. I actually nearly yelled at Panda in the IRC to get Mega Man 9.

@Cyberlink's Video: Good lord, when you see its side at the beginning of the video, it even looks like the Wii.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
That was far from flaming. If you want to see real flaming go to some of the character boards.

When you quoted me you accused me of 'worshiping,' 'not thinking,' etc ONLY because i like the show and had compliments for it. I refuted your viewpoints. That is not flaming. You just look like a jerk when insulting and accusing me.

There are ways of expressing opinions without doing that.

Fat_K

Smash Cadet
Is there any way to download the podcast now?? i didnt have a chance to watch it live.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
read the thread please, youko answered this like 10 posts ago

it will be available within the next couple days

Deception

Smash Ace
Well, only one thing to say to Deception:

Love it or shove it.
Now don't "flame"... >_>
Sigh, please don't accuse me of flaming. I feel offended when I calmly say that I don't like the show, and Trapt overreacts to my statement. I'm sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean it like that.

This show has lost appeal to me, just because I don't fit in anymore.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
*Sigh* Alright alright. Have your opinion. It seems we're not used to haters of SMYN because... well it seems we don't have any nowadays.

On another topic: KEN YOU MAKE TEH NEGI PROUD! I'm so glad Fang finally won a challenge. And that Ken solved that puzzle and outsmarted Bob the Math teacher. MINDGAMES UP THE ***!
I don't have any comment about Ken clinging on the the guy in blue shorts though...

Darkurai

Smash Master
Sigh, please don't accuse me of flaming. I feel offended when I calmly say that I don't like the show, and Trapt overreacts to my statement. I'm sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean it like that.

This show has lost appeal to me, just because I don't fit in anymore.
Excuse me? You did more than that. Your exact words were that we worship Youko. That we're obsessed. You compared Show Me Your News to Nintendo's anti-hardcore acts. You're trolling us.

FangzV

Smash Journeyman
*Sigh* Alright alright. Have your opinion. It seems we're not used to haters of SMYN because... well it seems we don't have any nowadays.

On another topic: KEN YOU MAKE TEH NEGI PROUD! I'm so glad Fang finally won a challenge. And that Ken solved that puzzle and outsmarted Bob the Math teacher. MINDGAMES UP THE ***!
I don't have any comment about Ken clinging on the the guy in blue shorts though...
You can'y be as happy as me XD
yw btw.

Also, could we just drop the whole Deception thing before it gets out of hand or somethin?

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
so true, ken for top teir.

anyway can't wait for the episode to come out on itunes. Also looking foreward to the new changes.

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
lol sporky,

hopefully it comes out today cuz im away from my comp 2morrow and i could listen in the car with my ipod if it came out......

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
With the MLG server move, there are temporary problems at the moment with uploading the file in the right place, etc. I am communicating with Kirby King about it though, but I can't give a solid release time.

Top Bottom