• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
Nice work guys! It just seems like every month there's some rant against Nintendo that I completely disagree with...

Trapt497

Smash Ace
haha piff.

Hey guys, i'll post this in the SMYN Movie thread on SMYNF too, but, i just wanted to make sure my idea was seen. if someone hasn't already thought of it, that is. But if the purple peabird is not in the SMYN movie in some way shape or form, preferably a major role, i will be very disappointed.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
OMG I JUST LISTENED TO THE (outline of the) NEW SMYN THEME!

Funny thing is I know all the lines and episodes its from so it's like... "duh..." to me xP Well, I love the opening to it. "Now coming through your speaker and in your ears..." Just builds up the hype. I LOVE IT! Kudos.

Edit: Stickam plox?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
As posted in the news section:

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS IS SHIFTING TO BIWEEKLY EPISODES! Season IV will soon be upon us and as announced in Episode 40, we plan on alternating biweekly episodes between two different formats. One of these will be the current "Gaming News" format, except we'll attempt to feature known internet personalities. The other format will appeal to our Smash Bros. fans, as we'll gather well-known smashers for a "Brawl Debate" setup. We'll hopefully start these biweekly episodes within the next week or two, but if you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to ask them in the thread or send an email to dojopodcast@gmail.com to have Youko respond to you directly. And remember, you'll be able to hear live streams of the podcast on our Stickam channel!

Darkurai

Smash Master
Youko, I don't think that you should completely take out fan-guests. They should definitely become less common (maybe only one or two a year), but they shouldn't completely disappear. After all, Negi hasn't been on yet.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Nice, I enjoyed this episode a lot. Right after i listened i went on xbox live and started singing the shakaron and got yelled at buy little kids lol. It was priceless XD. Anyways, im happy to see that the podcast is going biweekly. I felt that there wasn't enough brawl in the mix so its definitely a good idea to separate the two (brawl and general gaming news) but it also sacrifices time. I hope season four goes well. Good luck youko and panda. Also, i was wondering, when ken comes back from survivor (hopefully he wins) would it be possible for him to be a guest ? Btw, I dont think you realize how awesome you are spork ^_^

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
I am completely against taking out fan guests. That is just so wrong, Youko.
And I'm not saying that just because I wanna be on SMYN.

*Sigh*
Well the biweekly news is great, but no fan guests is just... ugh.
Also, one or two a year would suck, Darkurai. Negi does not approve.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
I am completely against taking out fan guests. That is just so wrong, Youko.
And I'm not saying that just because I wanna be on SMYN.

*Sigh*
Well the biweekly news is great, but no fan guests is just... ugh.
Also, one or two a year would suck, Darkurai. Negi does not approve.
I agree with you I enjoy the fan guests.

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. Just lsitened to the episode and im looking forward to the next season.

Just wanted to say something in regards to nintendo and the core gamer. My friend brought up the point that Galaxy and Twilight Princess were difficult...after you beat the game. In Galaxy it was the Purple comet. In LoZ TP it was the cave of ordeals. So...just something to consider.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
SMYN dedicated entirely to Brawl? Awesome.
Wait...one of the two sections is Gaming News. It sounds like Season IV will be half-deticated to brawl, and hte other half on games in general. or am i misinterpreting this information?

either way i still can't wait for Season IV.

Negi, i think all of us would love to be guests. We'll just have to see. Maybe he'll change his mind. It would seriosuly be a dream come true if i got to be on as a guest, and im sure its the same for you and darkurai. I do admit, though, that anther or azen would be better guests than i could ever be. But we'll just have to see.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
I'm saying the guests are just funner. Sure it would be freaking AWESOME to have Azen or Anther or Joel on, but all the time instead of the real SMYN fans? No way. I think the pro guest thing should be dropped to its own section. Like a 15-minute talk with the pro and their background. Among other...non-pros that I won't really spoil.

My point: the SMYN fans matter more. I'm not saying I should be on just because I'm a huuuuge SMYN fan. Just taking the real SMYN fan, a nobody, and just having pros on is just... wrong. It's the soul of SMYN. It's what makes it interesting. If the fan guests are dropped and it's just pros and others I'm sorry, but I'll lose interest in SMYN. It's just not a good move unlike replacing Brawl Viewpoints and the Rundown. These are the fans we're talking about Youko. If you replace the casual or hardcore SMYN fan... I don't think I'll listen to it anymore. This is a turn for the worst to me. I'm sorry.

Watch as I still listen to it because I'm a huge fanboy...

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I understand your concern, but you have to understand that what we're trying to do is EXPAND the audience. If SMYN only becomes catered to a certain few, it REALLY defeats the purpose of continuing the podcast, which doesn't happen if we move on to "bigger and better things."

And I think you need to read the plan for expansion again, Negi. Having one pro smasher on for the duration of the episode is clearly NOT what is stated at all. At ALL.

It's possible that we won't be able to get a "internet personality" for the News format, so that's possibly where the "real SMYN fan," whatever that means, can be fit in. But mostly, I think you need to re-read what we plan on doing and understand what the podcast could potentially become in the long run.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I understand your concern, but you have to understand that what we're trying to do is EXPAND the audience. If SMYN only becomes catered to a certain few, it REALLY defeats the purpose of continuing the podcast, which doesn't happen if we move on to "bigger and better things."

And I think you need to read the plan for expansion again, Negi. Having one pro smasher on for the duration of the episode is clearly NOT what is stated at all. At ALL.

It's possible that we won't be able to get a "internet personality" for the News format, so that's possibly where the "real SMYN fan," whatever that means, can be fit in. But mostly, I think you need to re-read what we plan on doing and understand what the podcast could potentially become in the long run.
I think Negi understood that. However, you said in words on the podcast that fan-guests could be completely taken out, and I hate to make this comparison, but....

Nintendo expanded too. I'm sure I don't need to say anymore.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Guys, something tells me that even if the only future guests are pros (OR AT LEAST FOR THE NEXT COUPLE BI-WEEKLIES) or others, youko will never forget us hardcore SMYN fans. Ever.

I don't think, necessarily, that every episode of season IV will be just pros or whoever the others negi is talking about. Maybe only for the brawl debate section. They will definetly expand the audience though. m2k and anther are a bit more well known than we fans are, to say the least.

I dont know where i stand on this discussion, i kindof agree with all three of you =/

This expansion is a necessary action to take, a way to breathe new life into SMYN. And no matter how many well-known smashers are in the debates, i still don't think youko will forget us.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I've been wanting more smash stuff in SMYN. Pros are a good way to do that. It's not like they'll ALWAYS have these people. There's a limit before Gimpy makes his 34th freaking appearance. With biweekly eps. The chances of fan guests aren't exactly killed.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
Youko, you should probably clarify wheather or not fan guests will be completely taken out. On the podcast you did tell Spork that he would be the last fan guest.

Also, I can respect that you are trying to expand your audience but cutting out fan guests doesn't seem like the best way. SMYN has always been about fan interaction. Doesn't feel like the kind of thing you should change now.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Trapt497 said:
Guys, something tells me that even if the only future guests are pros (OR AT LEAST FOR THE NEXT COUPLE BI-WEEKLIES) or others, youko will never forget us hardcore SMYN fans. Ever.

I don't think, necessarily, that every episode of season IV will be just pros or whoever the others negi is talking about. Maybe only for the brawl debate section. They will definetly expand the audience though. m2k and anther are a bit more well known than we fans are, to say the least.

I dont know where i stand on this discussion, i kindof agree with all three of you =/

This expansion is a necessary action to take, a way to breathe new life into SMYN. And no matter how many well-known smashers are in the debates, i still don't think youko will forget us.
Okay then.

ALL IN FAVOR OF NEGI FOR SMYN?

In all seriousness, I agree Trapt. It is good to expand, but it may... err... alienate I guess. (I can't think of a good word here... >_>) some of the current SMYN fans. Just a thought... but people seem to like it. So go for it. I wanna see how this turns out...

Trapt497

Smash Ace
I've been wanting more smash stuff in SMYN. Pros are a good way to do that. It's not like they'll ALWAYS have these people. There's a limit before Gimpy makes his 34th freaking appearance. With biweekly eps. The chances of fan guests aren't exactly killed.
I just think youko's words to sporky "You MIGHT [may i stress might] be the last fan guest of SMYN" hit us (especially negi) a little hard. Sorry, dont have the episode on hand so sorry if that isn't exactly what he said word by word. Its the main idea though.

Even if that happens. There are plenty of other ideas for SMYN's future that could work incorperating us fans. Like i said before youko won't forget us, im positive. SMYN's future is up in the air...anything can happen. Maybe someone comes up with some amazing epic idea that fits SMYN perfectly that us fans could be a part of. We'll just have to see and in the end its youko's decision.

EDIT: Oh crap 4 new posts while i was typing that...

@negi: ok. i understand what you mean by alienate. i wanna see how it turns out too...we'll just have to see.

@ terios: he probably was ^.^

@ monkey: i dont think youko has ever had the intention of completely cutting us out. maybe we wont be guests anymore. thats fine. but he has said time and time again that we are the reason SMYN is still alive.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Hmm, I'm a bit thrown off by the various responses to Youko's decision to change SMYN. Many are making the mistake of assuming that "being a huge SMYN fan = owning the SMYN franchise". Youko is doing nothing to explicitly slap the SMYN fan base; he is making a good decision that several of you just happen to disagree with. If you are as big a fans as you say you are, you should be doing everything to support this move.

Personally, I would do the same thing, if I were in Youko's position. It is impossible to please everyone. So, given a choice between catering solely to the hardcore fans and expanding the audience, the latter choice makes better business sense. However, the primary problem (again) is that too many of you are viewing that as the choice: "alienate current fans". I doubt Youko sat around one day thinking, "Hmm, I'm just going to toss my fan base out the window. Onto something new!"

Trapt497

Smash Ace
@ buzz: i completely agree with you...

i definetly support the move all the way, getting pros and others on here, doubling the audience, is all amazing to me. And he would never just think what you said...I completely believe all of this.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Youko, I'd like to cash in on my estate. Being on your show so many times, I gotta own at least 20%. You will dedicate at least one segment to brands of saws in all future episodes.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Well I understand (MORE THOROUGHLY thank you very much Youko. >_>) now. Thanks Buzz :D
we'll see how it goes. i think we're worrying a bit too much about this...we just have to see how the new SMYN turns out and remember that we're still important. its way too early to be worrying at all.

yeah thanks buzz those were good descriptions/comparisons.

Top Bottom