• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
The 14 parts of SMYN 2nd Brawl have been uploaded, now it's whenever they decide to process.

We'll think over the timing for the IRC more carefully and post it here officially when we decide...8:00 was just a spur-of-the-moment thing.

D

Deleted member

I'm really really REALLY gonna miss listening to SMYN. It was great. Funny, entertaining and I really like hearing reviews from experienced guys that really know what they're talking about. Playing both of you guys, Youko and SP, in Wifi for Brawl would be a real honour. Great job with the podcast guys. It was truly AWESOME!

Also, a question about the IRC channel you guys are starting. What was the chan name? Was it #SMYN on irc.irchighway.net? I went there today using SysReset and I wasn't sure I was in the right place. There was an OP there named jim1991 or something but I dunno. If that is not the right place, am I doing something wrong? I have a lot of experience with SysReset stuff but I dunno.

Anyways, thanks for the podcast you guys have made for us. I enjoyed the time listening to your podcast like, once a week. Thanks! Can't wait for episode 35!

D

Deleted member

Nayru.

Not Naryu.

Not Naruto.

Nayru.

Anyway, epic stuff. My very first listen! I was really suprised about the running speeds in the latest one.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Nice job as always Youko. I'll probably not take a part of the IRC for the next podcast (unless I'm a part of the podcast...wink wink), but I can't wait to see how SMYN will end.

It's a shame it's coming to an end. You had a great run Youko, and it was fun to be a part of it for so many occasions. It will surely be missed...at least on a weekly basis.

But congrats again on the run, and when Brawl comes out, expect to see me online a LOT, and I can't wait to play against SP and you when it does.

I know there is still a while left, and it's weird I'm posting a sort of good-bye to the podcast, but with me never online as much as I once was, I never know when I'd get the chance, and you said it yourself, next week is pretty much the last one, so better get it out now before I forget, I guess.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
No lies in talking about Zelda. Mikey Lenetia has a dominant Zelda. Sheik is the one with the good down-b this time around.

Emir Kirena

Smash Rookie
Yeah, great episode. It's a shame that it's been confirmed that only Star Fox characters get those extra character specific victory poses. That's something that could have worked for a lot of characters.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I love the new episode, I love the videos, I love SMYN! Cheers to my 1000th post!

Leviscus

Smash Apprentice
Brilliant again as always guys. Its kinda sad that this is the second to last weekly podcast, but we do appreciate all the hard work you've put into this thing. Looking forward to the big finale. :D

crush_T_asain

Smash Apprentice
great audio and video, lol was watching this weeks but then like at part 5 i started watching last weeks... lol didnt reailise for like 40 min... :D

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
NO SERIOUSLY GUYS!!!

I laughed so freakin' hard this episode, it wasn't even funny. Wait.

No, but seriously, PLAYING WITH THEIR STOMACHS OH GAWD!

LoL'd heartily.

Gymclass_Hero

Smash Cadet
Sad that the podcast is almost over. I hope you guys do continue it monthly or w/e.

And that was so funny when Youko was watching the two girls sucking each others tounge :D.

LucidDreamGod

Smash Cadet
I actualy found the guy who favorited those vids and watched that specific one :p. But panda seriously you don't like lesbians?

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
@ SamuraiPanda-

I just listened to SMYN 34 and I heard your idea for a SMYN crew, Knights of the Roundtable.

Dude that is strangely close to the team name I created for all my favorite characters that I played with from Melee and now Brawl (btw I don't have Brawl), check my sig. Lol.

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I have been listening to SMYN on Itunes and it is so great that I just dedicated my first post to it. Yeah it is just that awesome.
It is too bad it is ending weekly although it is good that it is being continued through another way.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
i like the "reality show" idea... i want buzz and youko to have hilarity happen, sp to break his leg and sugar to be in the middle of it all.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
...Yeah, the only problem with that is a reality show would generally be done with video...and Buzz and Sugar are halfway across the country from us.

Sandy

Smash Champion
SamuraiPanda, do you EVER stop b****ing about the game?
Big deal, you've played the game. Quit being so whiney you Japanophile

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
Ahh...man..that was a great podcast. My video card plug decided to die on me..and the only way to fix it was to buy a brand spanking new video card. So..I had absolutely no way to access SMYN, which was pissing me off..

But now it's all better, I'ma watch/listen to the videos today, and... now that I'm realizing how many people actually want to get your FC, I'ma start doubting my chances of ever getting on there. I basically only joined this forum to post in this thread, which is really all I've done. But it's still kinda sucky. It's fine if you fill it up with other peeps, but it'd be super special awesome if there was a spot for me after you were done adding all those people.

Hrm...now how to make the post seem like it's not me whining?

Naruto's Love will protect me!!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
SamuraiPanda, do you EVER stop b****ing about the game?
Big deal, you've played the game. Quit being so whiney you Japanophile
LOL.

I got to play the game a second time last night, and all though it wasn't as fast as it was at Vidjo's, the game is shaping up to be more competitive than people were writing it off to be.
Now that I have a snowday at my disposal, I'm going to play it in Cleveland again.

After I finish watching the 14 part youtube vid. I got through the first set, and only have this new batch to view. Glad to hear the balance is improved!

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
agugh. i'm never gonna play this game.... 12 more days, it's gonna feel so weird actually playing this game...

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
"Computers are either really stupid or have inhuman reflexes"

I don't have many friends who like Smash, so I often play against lvl 9 computers. I laughed so hard when I heard this because it is so true. I hope the computers are really better in brawl; with the online multiplayer I guess it won't be an issue for me anymore, though. Woot!

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I'm not so sure about the new video format of SMYN. Sure, there's lots of gameplay, but...do you guys even talk about the Dojo updates or news anymore? If so, where? I couldn't find any in the videos, and the reason I listen to SMYN is because I like hearing your opinions on the news.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
the dojo is practically worthless except for the fact i want to hear why R.O.B. is playable from sakurai himself.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Personally, I'm not so sure about the new video format of SMYN. Sure, there's lots of gameplay, but...do you guys even talk about the Dojo updates or news anymore? If so, where? I couldn't find any in the videos, and the reason I listen to SMYN is because I like hearing your opinions on the news.

Clearly you aren't paying attention to iTunes, the first post of the thread, or wherever you get your SMYN fix from.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Top notch episode, guys. I'm gonna miss the podcast; it really helped to pass the time and brighten things up each week. I'll definitely be there for the IRC on Thursday.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Nope. Not fixed. Plus esnips' search function blows.

That site and I used to be close, but now I despise it so.

Top Bottom