• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So MM9 comes out today.

Not really a MegaMan fan, but everybody and their mother's dog wants me to review the game. I'd rather not pay the ten bucks for a game I'm not too hyped about despite everything surrounding it.

Gift, pl0x? kthx

:)

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Might as well join the appeal...

I have never played Super Mario World, SMB3, Donkey Kong Country or Lylat Wars. I am broke. Gimme gimme gimme.

(EDIT: just realised trans-Atlantic gifts aren't possible. dammit)

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
The catch is that there's a ton of extra features like more characters and harder difficulties that can only be gotten through DLC, so in the end, if you want to get the FULL MM9 experience, you end up having to pay $18 instead of just $10...and that's provided that they don't end up releasing MORE DLC in the future.

Also, this Wario Land: Shake It! video is GENIUS.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Guys, I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP creating the new theme!

I'm going to intersperse lines from SMYN into the theme, so what do you think are the best LINES from SMYN? Please indicate episode and TIMESTAMP in your response so I don't have to go searching all over for it. Thanks!!

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
The catch is that there's a ton of extra features like more characters and harder difficulties that can only be gotten through DLC, so in the end, if you want to get the FULL MM9 experience, you end up having to pay $18 instead of just $10...and that's provided that they don't end up releasing MORE DLC in the future.

Also, this Wario Land: Shake It! video is GENIUS.
Protoman wut?

Seriously. I <3 Protoman SOOOOO much.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
I think the one where you quoted my sig in episode...I think 27.
I need to make that my sig again, it was so stupid.

Hillary

Smash Apprentice
2 favorite quotes are when whyko says "because I'm demonic" and when gimpyfish talks about saying gansta with an H in the pandacast strikes back part 4 i believe.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Dude, did anyone see tatsuko vs capcom ? It looks like it will be another great fighter for Wii. I like the 2D style with 3D characters and background. I can actually main megaman =D...........Its a shame hes not in brawl >_>

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
I always liked Panda's "Dude, just because you get used to the smell of ****, does not mean that **** does not smell".

Oh, and speaking of Sonic (well, kinda), the first reviews of Sonic Chronicles are in, and they're pretty positive.

Official Nintendo Magazine (UK) gave it 93%. Pretty good, especially when you remember that they gave Sonic Rush 92% and called it 'the best Sonic game ever' - a score so high that it appeared on the British covers of the game.

Gamesmaster Magazine gave it a solid 80%. They say add 10% to that if you're A) a die-hard Sonic fan, or B) under 13.

A review on Metacritic says:
At last, Sonic discovers the RPG games world in a title which disguises the blue hedgehog's universe with some of the best BioWare features. The result is probably one of the best Sonic videogames of the last years and an inevitable purchase for the fans.
Eurogamer gave it 7/10.

ME WANT NOW.

Deception

Smash Ace
So MM9 comes out today.

Not really a MegaMan fan, but everybody and their mother's dog wants me to review the game. I'd rather not pay the ten bucks for a game I'm not too hyped about despite everything surrounding it.

Gift, pl0x? kthx

Shame on you Youko. Some of us less fortunate can't get the game until this weekend, and you refuse to buy this awesomeness?

I always liked Panda's "Dude, just because you get used to the smell of ****, does not mean that **** does not smell".

Oh, and speaking of Sonic (well, kinda), the first reviews of Sonic Chronicles are in, and they're pretty positive.

Official Nintendo Magazine (UK) gave it 93%. Pretty good, especially when you remember that they gave Sonic Rush 92% and called it 'the best Sonic game ever' - a score so high that it appeared on the British covers of the game.

Gamesmaster Magazine gave it a solid 80%. They say add 10% to that if you're A) a die-hard Sonic fan, or B) under 13.

Eurogamer gave it 7/10.

ME WANT NOW.
I already have enough games I want, and I'm no fan of Sonic. Pass.

Blue Bomber > Blue Blur.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006

Eurogamer gave it 7/10.

ME WANT NOW.
Nintendo Power gave it an 8/10 as well.

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
Guys, I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP creating the new theme!

I'm going to intersperse lines from SMYN into the theme, so what do you think are the best LINES from SMYN? Please indicate episode and TIMESTAMP in your response so I don't have to go searching all over for it. Thanks!!
"Katana Gun Claws" was kinda funny.

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman
So MM9 comes out today.

Gift, pl0x? kthx

I might gift it to you on some kind of occasion like x-mas or a birthday, but I need to get a wii points card because my mom won't let me use her credit card. :(

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
SMYN: EPISODE 40
(START OF SEASON IV)

*LIVE ON STICKAM*

Wednesday, October 1st
8:00 P.M. (EST)

This date is subject to change, but we will do our best to try to stick to this timeframe.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Lies.

But if you were to say Knuckles instead of Sonic, then that would be fact. And I think I'm obligated to pick up Sonic Chronicles because I can change the main character to Knuckles.
As is my understanding Knuckles gets kidnapped (echidnapped? XD) by the Zoah cause he's a freaking idiot.

Does doing that affect the story? God I hope so. I want like... 30 playthroughs.

(START OF SEASON III)

*LIVE ON STICKAM*

Wednesday, October 1st

This date is subject to change, but we will do our best to try to stick to this timeframe.
I like Wednesday's. I ALWAYS have off on Wednesday. With any luck. I'll be there. ^_^

:052:

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Yeah, this is technically Season 4's premiere if we're going by the 13-episodes-per-season schedule. Heck, I think you did actually declare 27 to be the start of Season 3 in-podcast at one point.

But then again, maybe I'm just being nitpicky.

crewster

Smash Lord
(START OF SEASON III)

*LIVE ON STICKAM*

Wednesday, October 1st

Can u do it on a sunday sometime in the day of GMT(UK)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Bah, the seasons always get muddled together for me, haha.

Wednesday is the earliest day which the three of us can record, so...no, I can't make it on Sunday.

Top Bottom