• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Yuoko, are there any scripts or transcripts of SMYN episodes? I had a fantastic idea for a video (even though the Favorite Moments contest is long over).

See, Panda's got a running joke of "I'd buy that" whenever you guys make crazy game suggestions. What I want to do is compile a "I'd buy that" collage video, but obviously a script of each episode would be helpful....listening through 40 multiple-hour podcasts for a single sentence is kinda time-consuming, especially for a college student. =_=

Darkurai

Smash Master
Hey, Yuoko, are there any scripts or transcripts of SMYN episodes? I had a fantastic idea for a video (even though the Favorite Moments contest is long over).
I attempted this once.

Five minutes in, I already had several pages, so I was like "Um okay. No."

SwordHunter

Smash Apprentice
I attempted this once.

I did too. I tried transcribing episode 24 one time - got just over 20 minutes in, 8 pages long. Again, not the best idea.

Sorry, but episodes are pretty much improvised, except for a general outline. But ask Negi-kun regarding quotes during SMYN episodes, as he is the king of SMYN trivia, haha. Chances are he would know what you are referring to.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Just let the podcast run while streaming into a microphone plugged into Windows Vista's voice recognition program. :)

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Would that really work? I tried using the Vista voice recognition program once; it wasn't that successful.

Maybe it was because I was using my old crappy microphone...

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
And for Youko, it's always "Obviously" at the beginning or end of a sentence and when someone cuts him off he says (without even listening to what they have to say) "Yeah. I was just gonna say y'know _______"

Revven

FrankerZ
Another interesting thing you guys should discuss next podcast is why Sakurai limited replays to three minutes? Partly because a code that allows for more than three works perfectly and nothing goes wrong with it, so, why did he put that restriction?

Just something small to discuss, nothing huge, it could lead to some funny things I guess.

But, even if you don't discuss it, it's cool, I'll still be listening as always! I also expect moar Anther talk from Panda! :laugh:

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
Is too time for mailbag questions yet?

What are your thoughts on Disaster Day of Crisis now that there is footage and hands-on impressions

also, what do you think of Megaman 9

Trapt497

Smash Ace
I attempted this once.

lol, that was you they mentioned in the pandacast? nice. sounds like fun, typing and typing and typing.......oh, and more typing.

i'm catchin it live fo' sho :) And...to those who are worried about wednesday, remember that the date and time is not set in stone yet. Like last time, it could change. The current date is only 'for the time being.'

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Fun Fact: That was actually SwordHunter they were referring to in the Pandacast.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Noooo...

I just had to clarify that before you all started to think it was Darkurai, since Trapt was getting the same idea too.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
You shouldn't adopt it then, lest you want to be like Boxob. All good things in moderation.

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
So my copy of Sonic Chronicles arrived today, and I have to say, I haven't had this much fun with an RPG since the original Pokémon games. The Sonic universe is perfectly integrated into role-playing form, and the battles work really well. Plus the character development doesn't suck - a first for a 21st-century Sonic game.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive since it's not officially out in the states yet; however, I AM now playing Kirby Super Star Ultra; check out my review on the SMYN boards.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Unfortunately, I'm not picking up Sonic Chronicles. If it got the reviews I was expecting, something around an 80-85%, then I would've got it. But its getting horrible reviews. Given that I barely have any time on my hands as it is, I'll have to stick to other games instead. Like Disgaea DS <3

EDIT: Also considering getting Braid and Lock's Quest, too.

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, I'm not picking up Sonic Chronicles. If it got the reviews I was expecting, something around an 80-85%, then I would've got it. But its getting horrible reviews. Given that I barely have any time on my hands as it is, I'll have to stick to other games instead. Like Disgaea DS <3

EDIT: Also considering getting Braid and Lock's Quest, too.
Where did it get horrible reviews? Game Rankings has it listed with 78%, which certainly isn't horrible.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
The first review I read was from IGN, who gave it a 65%. Its IGN, so I usually don't listen to what they say much, but that score is simply too low.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Everywhere.

EDIT: And as of this post, my post count is officially a palindrome. Ahh, if only it could last.

Date: 9/27/08
Time: 6:23:37 CMT

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Fun Fact: That was actually SwordHunter they were referring to in the Pandacast.
Noooo...

I just had to clarify that before you all started to think it was Darkurai, since Trapt was getting the same idea too.
Sorry. I get it now :D. Swordy gets the credit for having the courage to try and type everything up.

I plan on trying out SC anyways, despite some of the bad reviews its getting. It sounds like a great idea...making sonic an rpg.

btw friends, check out my new sig, its way too good.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I heard it was great.....

As with anything I think you should add 10 points if you're a fan of the series. I stomached Shadow the Hedgehog enough to reach the final boss.

But I'm a HUGE Sonic fan and a HUGE Shadow fan so I added like 30 points. Yay Fanboyism.

And it was still bad.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Eh, Sonic Chronicles plays a backseat to Mega Man f***ing 9 and Chrono Trigger DS in my humble opinion. Also, I read a translantion of some sort of article about some 3GB Wii coming out in Japan (on http://nsidernews.com/), and it mentioned some "extra Brawl content". I wonder what that could be... Maybe....lies!!! >_> If it's true (no matter what it is), it's all good, even if it is small, though I doubt it is! Still, I thought I'd mention it. :)

Also, apparently Nintendo knows about Ike's terrible English voice acting! XD The only difference is they are using it for "good". :chuckle: (http://nsidernews.com/he-fights-for-his-friends-but/).

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Johnknight1;5437367Also said:
http://nsidernews.com/[/URL]), and it mentioned some "extra Brawl content". I wonder what that could be... Maybe....lies!!! >_> If it's true (no matter what it is), it's all good, even if it is small, though I doubt it is! Still, I thought I'd mention it. :)
Got a link to that translation? I can't find it on the site itself.

Also, apparently Nintendo knows about Ike's terrible English voice acting! XD The only difference is they are using it for "good". :chuckle: (http://nsidernews.com/he-fights-for-his-friends-but/).
Thats not Nintendo you know. Just a site called "WiiNintendo"

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Stilllllllll looking for mailtime questions...:)

Oh, and I'm looking into purchasing a 360. PM me with XBL info for me to get back to you on.

Top Bottom