• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
Admittedly, I've known how to clap one-handed for years. I actually saw it in a Simpsons episode once.

Yeah, I suppose the Homer head had something to do with it. Man, it gets hot under that thing...

And yes, Kiseki, that IS Don Patch on my wall; Super Patch to be specific. I took this picture I drew and had it enlarged and turned into a wall sticker.

Totally awesome...i wish i can draw...*best is stick-figures and a bad portrayal of Kirby.....

Anyways yea, i figured out the song on my own, it's too catchy, i have on my Itunes.....That IS the best easter egg so far...IMO...though the Ocarina medley you did Youko is teh awesomeness

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
Heh, well, that explains it all.

Yes, R.O.B. is totally awesome now. Thanks for pointing that out a month after the game is out in America...but you have to realize what the general atmosphere around the Smash community was at the time when the news broke. People were not happy about R.O.B., plain and simple. However, since you avoided news to avoid spoilers, I understand how you might not know that.
Yeah, but he is pretty WTF. I know I was happy just to see him in the game period as a villian, then when he was revealed as a character, it was like a dream come true.

Whoa. I would not be able to do that. Props to you!
It was extremely tough. It also helped to have nice enough buddies who also wanted the game badly to (almost) not spoil anything for me. They only slipped about there not being Mega Man, but I kind of knew it wasn't going to happen.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
is this, or is it not, going on itunes

A previous post explained that it might be a little bit before it goes on iTunes because of how SWF changed servers recently. But in the meanwhile, you can download the mp3 in the first post.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Too **** good. Great, hilarious review of the game and the easter egg was just unexpected. Carameldansen is awesome! :p

Where was Gimpy though? :D

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
After doing all of the technological mumbo-jumbo to get the videos on my Zune..I discovered I didn't download all the parts..so I get to redo ALL of it!! Ah..the things I do for SMYN...it's a labor of love, though.

Almost ready for viewing pleasure-ness!!

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
I've now finally seen it all! It was hecking amazing! I just wish that it wasn't over already..

Easter Egg for the win, thought.

Really, great job guys! Kudos to both of you! Oh, and Epic too, I spose he was the camera man, wasn't he?

Congrats!

Banzai_Kitten

Smash Cadet
Good review, I liked it. I also look forward to your next podcast.

I think this may be another way to one hand clap. You take your thumb and touch your middle finger. Then just move it in a way so that your index finger makes a clapping sound with your middle finger.

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
@ Youko and SamuraiPanda-

OMG, I have just watched the first 29 seconds of "Part 1- Controllers" video review and I am already dying of laughter. ROFL!!

EDIT: Hey, I play w/ the Wii-mote/Nunchuck combo. Oh, and guys don't put the Shake Smash on. In my opinion it is WAY to sensitive. The slightest move on the Wii-mote will make your character do his/her smash attacks. It isn't worth it.

EDIT #2: Yeah, coin launcher is surprisingly addictive.

EDIT #3: 0_o My brother, PVT DONUT (which he never comes on anymore), and I beat the SSE on Intense. It was so hard. We figured we beat Halo 3 on Legendary so we could beat the SSE on Intense. Tabuu was incredibly hard. We hit him with everything and it barely took any damage off, but we did it eventually. I was Charizard and I was using his Rock Smash, it did nothing to Tabuu! The worst level was the one right before the Great Maze. So many continues.

EDIT #4: ROFL!! Dude, great Easter Egg!! I have seen some sigs w/ Brawl Characters doing that dance. It is such a funny dance, I don't get it, it is just really funny. Hahaha....

Great SMYN episode! Keep it up!

Wayko

Smash Rookie
Wahahaha!

Wahaha! A valiant effort, arch-nemesis! My review, however, will b- *brick'd*

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice

I got bored... xD

It's not perfect I'm aware but I find it amusing.

Coming later Samurai Panda

then Epic.

Depends on when I finish them.

Back on Subject, Awesome review I enjoyed it alot xD and now I have a new ambition to somehow get into the dance at the end of one of your videos. lol

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
Na not really, I had the base for the dance already made. I would self promote and link to the animation me and my girlfriend made on Newgrounds... but I'm not gonna.

Other than that it was just cleaning up RL-Youko and making a Youkokeke Head for the body. lol

Skllz

Smash Rookie
Hey Youko and SP. I've been downloading the podcast since week 14 (but I've listened to all of them before that, too), and after seeing your video review, I decided to make an account to congratulate you (the reason I'm so late is because the registration email took two days to get to me). This is what I looked forward to on Sunday. Every week, I would watch football (or just do something else when it wasn't football season) until the episode got uploaded, then pretty much lock myself in my room and listen to it. Since episode 35 was the end of SMYN as we know it (although I'll still download every episode after it), I figured this would be a good time to say thank you.

By the way, the video review was awesome! The easter egg was the best one so far (barely beating out Choppa Choppa), but I had been "Caramelldansen free" for a month. For some reason, whenever I hear that song, it gets stuck in my head for about a week. Unfortunately, I had a calculus test this week. Six pages of the most insanely hard calc questions you've ever seen... with that going through your head the entire time. There were some times when I just had to stop (I'm homeschooled and I had three days to take the test, so I'm allowed to stop) because I couldn't think. Great job, though.

DQP

Smash Ace
was that dance at the end supposed to be the fusion dance that you guys said you were going to do in episode 31?

Metallic_Igloo

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I know you guys probably get lots of comments arguing with your character ranking judgements. I don't think you gave Samus justice. you just kind of said, lower and moved on without an explanation, and, since Samus was my Melee main and now one of twenty mains of mine, it bothered me. Samus seems like the forgotten character. Since Zamus joined in, no one pays any attention to Samus, and I doubt either of you have played her much, if at all, because people were excited about Zamus. Maybe it's just me, I recently was at a tournament for Brawl and I was told by my opponent that he'd never seen a Samus played like that, so maybe she is lower and I just play her differently. It really wouldn't've bothered me if you gave reasons, but it barely seems like you've even tried playing as her.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
We forgot to do the Fusion Dance, sorry...

As for Samus:
Has trouble killing
Shortened grapple range
Extremely floaty
Slow
Decreased knockback in projectiles

Granted, she has weight going for her making it harder to kill her. Her aerials don't have too much lag and her up-B is improved. At least she's better than Sonic overall...

Top Bottom