• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should we swtich to project M?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I used to agree with you, Smurfy. I used to think I was the problem, then I played a different game where most things were the same except my character was designed with some sense of cohesion and didn't suck at everything. I started winning tournaments and being indisputably top 5 in one of the strongest Project M regions. Being the best in the world with my character actually means something to people now, and more importantly to me.

Dunno man. Maybe it's a thing, man. Just maybe.

I hate this kind of threads they got this gloomy negative attitude towards improving and people just seem to want to take shortcuts. As people already have said, if you can't win with link it maybe isn't your character, you won't win anything by being a sellout.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I don't understand how being attached to an awful character to the point of looking down on others for making a difference decision makes you anything other than stubborn.

That said, Link should be more fun next release of P:M. Hope people enjoy him then. :)

Making your choice solely depending on which character is better statistically is stupid, that's all. No matter if the choice makes you switch games or just switch characters.

StickandFluid

Smash Apprentice
It really doesn't matter I mean they made link a lot more credible in P:M that doesn't mean you have to switch from one game to another. Just have fun if the character becomes something that ruins your fun just forget it don't think so hard about stuff like this.

**** PM, **** melee, next smash is here in a year(or umm 2.5 years if we are to apply the usual delay on NIntendo games), I'll **** everyone there with my new main Wii Fit Trainer.

Winter_Sun

Smash Rookie
I don't think that Link mains should switch to PM, but they should play both and enjoy both. I don't have an issue switching back and forth between games as long as I play a couple friendlies with Melee Link (or PM link) to warm up. Technical skill experience carries over between games, and when you work to try to improve your game you improve from both.

I'm trying to drastically improve my Melee Link game, because if I can become good with Melee Link, I can become superb with PM Link.

Top Bottom