• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Iron Tail be added to Pikachu's moves?

How should Iron Tail be implemented?

• Total voters

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
We all know that Iron Tail has become a staple of the anime for Pikachu for quite some time now. Also Iron Tail could give Pikachu good killing moves or they could just reskin his killing moves that use his tail to Iron Tail. What do you think? Aesthetic changes, Moveset changes, or No changes involving Iron Tail?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Honestly; since it's used in Pokepark and seems to be a part of the standard anime Pikachu's moveset now, I'd like at least an Aesthetic change to any tail based moves.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Interesting thoughts, I'm pretty sure Iron Tail will be incorporated with the Pokémon Company and GameFREAK already pushing for a more recent anime design for Pikachu. I'd be fine with anything as long as it's in

D

Deleted member

I would like to see it incorporated into Pikachu's moveset in some way. I dunno where it would fit, but if the Pikachu in PokePark and Pikachu in the anime have Iron Tail, then I don't see why it shouldn't be incorporated into his moveset. Though, it should be an aesthetic change rather than a moveset change.

Angiance

Smash Lord
In Brawl, Pikachu's N-Air shows his tail out, but it doesn't have a hit-box; Pikachu's N-Air should be the same with his tail out, but instead, it's iron tail on the initial hit of the attack, and hitting with the tail part deals more damage (MK's N-Air for example has his sword and it IS a hit-box), or U-Smash can be Iron Tail, and it'd possess it's power from Melee.

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
How about replace the Bair Pikacopter with a powerful Iron Tail that comes out horizontally? :3

Angiance

Smash Lord
How about replace the Bair Pikacopter with a powerful Iron Tail that comes out horizontally? :3
B-Air is like....reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaally cute as it is, and it's an actually good move too...it's a pretty cool idea though ^ - ^

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Iron Tail should be his side B.
A fairly slow attack with decent range that has very low knockback but deal a lot of damage on hit.

Angiance

Smash Lord
Skull Bash is what makes Pikachu's recovery absolutely amazing; Pikachu's U-Air is very good for canceling many projectiles.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I thought when he rolled up from a ledge it was a tail attack? I am not that sure though. I do not think it should replace an existing special move.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I think Iron Tail shouldn't replace any of his specials, but maybe implement it into his U-smash giving it power like it did in Melee.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I'd like to see it implemented in some way, not only because it's an anime staple (and is featured in Poképark), but also because it'd just make Pikachu's moveset feel more authentic and tied to his source game series (even though no one runs Iron Tail on Pikachu). I'd prefer an aesthetic change to his tail-based attacks, though a new Bair would also be cool. Never liked the Pika-Copter.

Angiance

Smash Lord
Pikachu's U-Smash having Fox's U-Smash power, with a glowing tail (Iron Tail) as a reason to it's power...to be fair, in Brawl, Pikachu already has a powerful aerial, OoS, and grab game; Pikachu also has a stupid good recovery, and is extremely hard to hit with KO moves in the hands of a pro, allowing him to survive til insane percents...so maybe...he doesn't need any buffs.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I would be fine with a reskin and would be relatively fine with the changing of some moves, but I realize that Pikachu is to some what Luigi is to me; fun to play as with the current moveset. Although I'm fairly sure that no one would be opposed to some minor tweaks, major changes to a character, especially in the form of new specials, is kinda rare.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Um...Pikachu already HAS Iron Tail, it is its up smash. How am I the first one to point this out? Also I vote no changes for Pikachu, I feel like Brawl has perfected its moveset and I didn't like it at all in 64 and Melee even though it was technically the best character in 64.

Angiance

Smash Lord
Well, dude...if the percent's right, Chu could hop backwards offstage, B-Air them once, follow their DI with an air jump, then B-Air again, KOing them-but you're right, I may be thinking of somethin' silleh~

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
I think that it should be his F-Air, with the best of both worlds, where he does a flip, and it hits in front, but can also meteor smash, like Mario's F-air.
Or it should be his Side Special, but it should charge up and launch like Skull Bash, and then he should travel the same distance as Skull Bash, but while flipping and tailing.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd like it to be incorporated into his moveset in some way, maybe as a new move or an effect change to one of his already existing moves.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'd say yes to Iron Tail. It's hardly used in the games, but it's quite an iconic move in the anime.

Now as to which move should it be, I'm not sure. The tail is a versaltile weapon, after all. :p

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
I'd say yes to Iron Tail. It's hardly used in the games, but it's quite an iconic move in the anime.

Now as to which move should it be, I'm not sure. The tail is a versaltile weapon, after all. :p
Yeah, and Skull Bash was never really associated with Pikachu, unlike Iron Tail.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Skull Bash is already confirmed. It could be a nice touch to his Up Smash though. It's quite likely even. As they seem to go for more flashy types of Smash attacks.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Skull Bash is already confirmed. It could be a nice touch to his Up Smash though. It's quite likely even. As they seem to go for more flashy types of Smash attacks.
When was Skull bash confirmed? And why?! Doesn't Sakurai know that he can't learn that move anymore?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
When was Skull bash confirmed? And why?! Doesn't Sakurai know that he can't learn that move anymore?

Sakurai doesn't give a damn apperantly...

And I think Skull Bash was confirmed in a video or picture. Will look this up.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
There was a pic of Pikachu skull bashing Bowser.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Skull Bash was used in the trailer, but it can still change in the final version of the game.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Why is it not N-Air? It's a couple of flips in air, think about how effective that'd be.

I can't decide whether aesthetic ot moveset change.

Thor

Smash Champion
Just change how the usmash looks, maybe buff its power/knockback some.

Also, personal thing, I like current fair because (I'm a n00b so I'm sure I'll get how bad a combo this is) SH fair started at the peak of the jump -> dsmash is a combo. Works fantastic at low percents and well higher up because most of the people I play don't SDI fair fast enough (only hits 2-3 times though, so hard as is) (the people I play all know how to get out of dsmash though). I still like it for about ~10% and refreshing move queue. This works because the landing lag on fair is really low so I just fair and upon landing I tap the cstick down.

Granted, also have no idea if this will work in SSB4, only know that it works in SSBB. I think it technically works in Melee with L-cancelling, but don't quote me on that.

Aura Guardian

Smash Rookie
Regardless of anyone who disagrees, Pikachu's Iron Tail should be incorparated into the game. Anime Pikachu has had this move for 3 Generations straight and it's also Pikachu's move in PokePark as everyone else said. Because of all of this, Iron Tail needs to be recognized as a move, which means another one of Pikachu's moves has to go. Every pokemon in the Smash Bros Universe seem to share 1 trait from their own universe and that's only being allowed to use 4 moves from the Pokemon Universe while everything else are made up moves. SKull Bash is the only rational choice as Pikachu couldn't learn this... TM move... anymore after Gen 1. However, with the Gen 5 games getting rid of the Iron Tail TM doesn't support Pikachu anymore. The anime and Poke Park are the only reasons to give Pikachu Iron Tail.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Iron tail should be his up smash, or make it a meteor smash, because if I recall correctly, Pikachu doesn't have one.

Aura Guardian

Smash Rookie
Iron tail should be his up smash, or make it a meteor smash, because if I recall correctly, Pikachu doesn't have one.
The thing is, Iron Tail needs to be recognized as a canon move. Whether it's a smash attack, special, physical or meteor smash it needs to be called Iron Tail, like Thunderbolt, Thunder & Quick Attack. Personally, looking at Iron Tails origin and the way Pikachu uses it in the anime, IT would serve perfectly as a meteor smash very similar to Mario's physical punch attack (forgot it's name). When I say perfect I literally mean perfect. Best thing after that would be a smash attack. In the end, as a fan of pkmn all around, I'd gladly accept Iron Tail being implemented in Pikachu's moveset in any way they feel is right, so I'd accept an aesthetic change if it came down to that.

It's obviously going to be many many yrs before the next smash game so if there's anytime to add Iron Tail into Pikachu's move-set, it is now!

Top Bottom