• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Cloud be rebalanced?

BltzZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BltzZ7
If they had to do anything, i think nerf to f smash and nerf to up air but make his up B snap to the ledge lol =]

2thesky

Smash Cadet
Fsmash does not need nerfed. Uair...eh..maybe. But I still think it's fine as one of his best combo tools.

John Wulfe

Smash Cadet
NNID
WulfSight
I would say if anything just nerf damage Uair , possibly knockback F-smash . Honestly I wouldn't mind if limited charged slower overall ether . Reduce the knockback on limit side B ? Wouldn't bother me . Truthfully as long as they don't turn him into dirt im fine ether way . Even with the above nerfs all together , he would be a solid character .

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
Cloud hasn't been changed period. No matter where you look there's no proof of any change having been done to him
Agreed. I haven't noticed any changes with him at all.

No0dle

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2079-8980-3177
The best way to nerf cloud would just to make his u-airs last a shorter amount of time

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
But... Cloud isn't a broken character. Hell, there isn't even really any individual move that's broken. Why would he need rebalancing or nerfing? He's a character of extremes that sits in a comfortable but not dominant place on the tier list. Cool.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Because no one deserves their spot on a "tier list"

Whether a character is overpowered, or underpowered; it doesnt matter.

Moves that are problematic should be adjusted until they where the designer of the game wants them to be.

Too many competitive gamers use a "subjective" tier list placement as a qualifier as whether a character should be nerfed/buffed, when in reality that's one of the one of the most unstable methods of judging if a character should be changed.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
This thread is pretty moot since all signs point that this patch will be the last one. No more characters will be added and Sakurai wants his much needed and deserved vacation.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
There's a lot of routes they could go with this if they want to nerf him.

Option 1: Limit should charge slower, Fsmash should have some additional start up lag and upair/nair should have more ending lag.

Or

Option 2: Reduce the knockback of limit side B, limit down B and Fsmash significantly, along with damage.

Or

Option 3: Reduce the vertical distance on non-limit Up B, or make Up B easier to gimp in some way. Perhaps add some stall to the start of the animation similar to fox's recovery.

I do think the character needs a nerf. Doubtful it will happen though as it seems they are done with patches.

His moves either need more lag, a knockback/damage reduction or his weakness needs to be amplified. I would opt for Option 3. Considering how Cloud has the best neutral in game, amazing range, low lag AND amazing killpower, opponents should get more reward for getting him off stage. There should be more incentive for Cloud players to save their limits for recovery. Missing a limit side B or down B needs to have more of a downside. It would also make him a more interesting character that requires more thought to play.

The main thing that bothers me is how he's overcentralizing the doubles meta. Basically it's a must to have a Cloud on your team to win doubles at a major because of how OP having your teammate throw an opponent into a finishing touch is. You can debate whether he's broken in singles, but he's obviously broken in doubles.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
He doesnt need a nerf tho lol.

And nerfing a character because he's good in doubles is silly; unless it for a double only strategy. Then it's w/e.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
It's looking like he didn't get hit as hard as Meta Knight or Sheik. I don't see him dropping much on the tier list. Especially considering how many other top tiers got nerfed. He's still one of the best characters in the game.

Top Bottom