• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should button mapping be banned and why?

Khao

Smash Lord
I feel like this should be banned for the sole reason that it would be a humongous pain in the ass to manage. On top of name settings, you'd have to go back to the Switch settings pretty much every time someone with a Pro Controller has to play. Also people will totally join games without realizing that button mapping was changed because there might be no in-game indication that anything's different from default until you're already in the match.

I don't think the feature would give anyone any truly relevant advantage, it's just more potential control options when there's already hundreds of them.

But it just sounds like a waste of time for everyone involved.

Last edited:

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
**** no. Remapping can allow someone with a physical disability like an amputee to be able to play one handed. Tournaments shouldn't be so douchey as to exclude people due to their disabilities.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Macros? Yes. Could be used to input combos with one button press.
Mapping? Absolutely not.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
If it gets found out that using button mapping can allow for options that you simply cannot do otherwise (i.e. escaping combos or easier movement), then ban it. It gives players an unfair advantage that they wouldn't get if they were using a GC controller or unaltered pro controller.

JamesDaRevengeSpammer

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-1830-0654-2617
Yeah banning something like that would be just like banning a character that uses RNG...... oh wait

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
So wait, are we banning mapping specifically because it makes pro controller better than gc controller?

If so, hell no.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
If it gets found out that using button mapping can allow for options that you simply cannot do otherwise (i.e. escaping combos or easier movement), then ban it. It gives players an unfair advantage that they wouldn't get if they were using a GC controller or unaltered pro controller.
Or ya know, everyone adapts to the change in the meta instead. It's not an unfair advantage if everyone could do it.

Top Bottom