• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Black and White Yoshi be in Brawl?

Chepe

Smash Lord
Hell yeah Sakurai should give Yoshi these color swaps! Id switch from Pink to Black Yoshi in a twitch.

However, given the demo it probably isnt too likely unless he decides to throw them in last-minute or decides to do unlockable costume/swaps or something random like that...

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
EVERY Yoshi color should be in brawl! Pink, red, orange, yellow, green, cyan, (insert Boshi alt costume here), dark blue, purple, bronze, black, and white. I mean, come on Sakurai.... lol

See sig!

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
awesome sig, but yes they should defiantly be in, all the colors from Yoshi's Story please.

Also, was it confirmed at e 4 all that the eggs will still be green for alternate colors? I always disliked that in melee and hope its not like that in the final product. Its a small thing, but in all the games the colors of the dots on the egg correspond to yoshis color and it made me not want to use any other color than green in melee. :p

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
In the demo Yoshi's eggs (shield and thrown) are green by default :( Hopefully they might change it for the actual game :p I doubt it though.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Yes, with evil looking eyes to satisfy as Yoshi's "Dark" costume, as well as eggs being changed to match the color of the Yoshi. I still wonder why they haven't thought of that.

Dark Yoshi, can you imagine the epic lulz that would ensue?

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
These really NEED to be in the game. They're the only 2 Yoshi's who really stand out from the rest with stuff in Story I think, so if Fire Mario gets in, I think these two Yoshi colors need to be too.

As well as the colored eggs of course! If they don't change this in the final thing, it really makes me think they don't really care about Yoshi. =/

Yoshi330

Smash Rookie
, it really makes me think they don't really care about Yoshi. =/
I would'nt say THAT, I mean they did give him the most badass Final Smash ever.

But I do like the egg matching color idea, and I don't see any reason not to do that. And, as I said, Black and White Yoshi is a must.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I would'nt say THAT, I mean they did give him the most badass Final Smash ever.
I agree on this, but they could just have given him that Final Smash to give older players a portion of nostalgia from Mario World. And they had to give him a Final Smash anyway, so it's not like Yoshi got a special treatment.
All I'm saying is that if they give detailed stuff to others, like alternate color shemes from power-ups and stuff like that, they could also make Yoshi a black and white costume, along with the matching colored eggs.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Maybe certain character colors will become unlockable, execpt for the mandatory blue, red, and green for teams. That might happen, which would explain why we didn't see it or if it was confirmed.

Just a thought, but even if this was the case, the black and white Yoshi still might not appear. :(

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
Btw, I just made the yoshi user pic in my sig. Rock the **** out of it fellow yoshi lovers!

I've been maining yoshi since 64 pretty much exclusively. Yoshi's Island ftw!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Is this a serious question?

The possibility alone of those colors not being present would probably be the travesty of the century; a crime that should be punishable by death. Death by Yoshi stampede.

fluffasaurus

Smash Rookie
Yoshi will definitely be black and white. black and white will probably be some of his color choices.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
:yoshi: Is this a serious question?

The possibility alone of those colors not being present would probably be the travesty of the century; a crime that should be punishable by death. Death by Yoshi stampede.
lol :laugh:

Yea, I'll be very disappointed if they aren't included. The Brawl team should know, too.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Topic owner: At least state why you think the B&W Yoshis should be in. There's no point in having a topic like this one if there;s nothing to discuss. Same goes for the people who post here. I'll leave it open for now.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Tis hard to come up with anything to discuss about Yoshi in brawl :(

But with the Wario Overalls update does anyone think that it's possible that Sakurai could throw in some extra colors for other characters?
There may be some people who prefer this one. This is the "classic" Wario.
If Sakurai was able to throw out an alternate costume for one character, it wouldn't be too difficult to throw in a few extra colors to satisfy the fans of other characters also right?

And while I'm talking about the Wario Overalls update, I know Sakurai says:
Everyone can change colors, of course. But Wario alone is special....
But I'm gonna go out on a branch and say that maybe Sakurai was just trying to trick us by making us think that Wario is the only one to have an alternate costume. If you think about it literally... isn't every character 'special'? lol. Yes I know it's a stretch, but you can't blame a guy for being hopeful right?

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
You never know with Sakurai really. He's full of surprises.

Topic owner: At least state why you think the B&W Yoshis should be in. There's no point in having a topic like this one if there;s nothing to discuss. Same goes for the people who post here. I'll leave it open for now.
Didn't I already do that on my first post in this topic? That these two color Yoshi's were the only special ones in Yoshi's Story? Because they WERE the only ones who could digest any kind of fruit, including the ones all other Yoshi's would lose life from.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Sorry for the double post, but I just read this in Kokichi's Wario impression:

Second match was on Wario Ware (the lady asked if anyone wanted to pick a stage so I raised my hand and this time chose a new stage so I could report on it). I chose Wario, regular costume, so we could have some new info on him as well. I noticed he only had like 4 costumes, one of which was a cool red and black one.
We all know that every character has 6 alternate colors, plus Wario having his regular plumbers outfit, so the fact that not all costumes for Wario were available in the JumpFesta demo gives me hope to actually see black and white Yoshi's in Brawl.

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
We all know that every character has 6 alternate colors, plus Wario having his regular plumbers outfit, so the fact that not all costumes for Wario were available in the JumpFesta demo gives me hope to actually see black and white Yoshi's in Brawl.
A very good point. They could always add/change something from the demo. I don't even think that the character selection screen for the demo is final- white, how boring.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
A very good point. They could always add/change something from the demo. I don't even think that the character selection screen for the demo is final- white, how boring.
It'd be nice if they gave you the option of altering the option screens a little to your tastes. Maybe use some snapshots you've made to modify the places a little? Just an idea. And what we've seen so far definitely isn't the final character select screen, it was only for the demo.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Nothing from the demo is final.

Anyway, let's look forward to Black and White Yoshi. I will be using Black Yoshi if only to eat the Super Spicy Curry item and not have him feel the aftereffects. ^_^

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
White would look weird since there wouldn't be that white portion below Yoshi's head. But inverse-color Yoshi would be neat B)

Polostick

Smash Apprentice
yes yes yes. in every game where you can play colored yoshi which is like mario world and yoshi story i always played as colored yoshies. bloo in mario world because he could fly. black in yoshi story because he looks cool

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
There are like five-thousand-colors-of yoshi-already.. I see little point. I'll just use the pink one anyway...
Green, red, blue, cyan, yellow, pink... I must have missed the other four-thousand-and-nine-hundred-ninety-four colors in Melee then.
If these colors Yoshi have little point, then Fire Mario has little point too. Or Fusion suit Samus. Or Dark Link. Or any other color for any character. =/

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
There are like five-thousand-colors-of yoshi-already.. I see little point. I'll just use the pink one anyway...
Green, red, blue, cyan, yellow, pink... I must have missed the other four-thousand-and-nine-hundred-ninety-four colors in Melee then.
lol Very good response Yosher. Straight8, I think you need to pay attention in school a little more. Your counting skills are just a tad off.

Top Bottom