• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shortages?!?

ICANTCOUNT123456

Smash Journeyman
I cannot believe that there are rumors of shrtages. Nintendo promised to make extras... pretty lame... Im worried as hell...

Q:i have had 50 saved for Brawl in a nice lil Target gift card, idk how much copies they're getting. They open at 8, so what time should i wake up and wait there?

Magnacor

Smash Ace
You should just get there at 8. There isn't going to be anyone lined up outside of Target's door besides maybe two or three people. This game (thankfully) does not have anywhere near Halo's hype and that game didn't get sold out everywhere.

ICANTCOUNT123456

Smash Journeyman
You should just get there at 8. There isn't going to be anyone lined up outside of Target's door besides maybe two or three people. This game (thankfully) does not have anywhere near Halo's hype and that game didn't get sold out everywhere.
Yeah but Bungie was making the Disks MONTHS in advance i think

illphil

Smash Apprentice
I also heard a rumor that Sakurai completely cancelled Brawl and he's just gonna go to everyone's house in Japan and take their copies.
What time should I make dinner?

Magnacor

Smash Ace
I also heard a rumor that Sakurai completely cancelled Brawl and he's just gonna go to everyone's house in Japan and take their copies.
What time should I make dinner?
3 o'clock in the afternoon. That should give you enough time to escape with the game if you travel by night.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
This isn't like the Wii hunt. Don't worry.
lmao... that was intesne. I just got my Wii today >.> I'm assuming some locations will have their shortages, but everyone who is here on the forum must really want their copies, I do believe that if we just go early, we'll get one.

Hong

The Strongest
Hehe. I'm only a bit worried. >.<

When I heard I could preorder the game, I did so the day it was available. I chose a small, quiet EB Games in the city in backwater mall that's a bit out-of-the-way. It turns out I was still the twenty-fifth person in line to get Brawl... I just hope this backwater EB Games location gets more then twenty-five copies. It's pretty small and all, so I'm just a bit worried. :/

InSaNiTy

Smash Cadet
Just go to gamestop and look at all the shiny mint Brawls and be like "I want that one" and then dropkick little children in your way and beat up the sales clerk take 23982357235 copies and run away laughing

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
No dude, you gots to wake up at 6 in the morning and camp out in front of the target before any one gets there. YOU'LL NEVER GET ONE IF YOU DONT! :0

_NeXuS_

Smash Cadet
This is why it's good to preorder though. It's not like it's going to cost you any more money. Just 5 bucks toward the final cost of the game. To each his own I guess... 5 bucks is worth the piece of mind if you ask me.

ICANTCOUNT123456

Smash Journeyman
Believe you me... if I had my licence, I would have driven my *** to Gamestop and put down full price the day it was (Brawl) announced.

But until then... nope. Also, another stupi question. Would they have put them up on shelves already when it opens?

_NeXuS_

Smash Cadet
Nah, they won't bother putting it on the shelf. Maybe a few display boxes. For huge games like this, they just keep a pile on the floor behind the counter.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
meh...toys r us is back ordered and it is pre ordered for delivery. it said 7-10 business days. I hope i get it faster.

LucidDreamGod

Smash Cadet
It would be cool to get the game tomorrow at wal-mart, and if I do get a reserve on brawl, I hope they don't say when I come back sunday that they didn't get enough copies, and I'll have to get one from the next shipment.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Believe you me... if I had my licence, I would have driven my *** to Gamestop and put down full price the day it was (Brawl) announced.

But until then... nope. Also, another stupi question. Would they have put them up on shelves already when it opens?
They probably won't as it would be pointless to have a game on the shelf if it won't stay there for a couple hours at least. Chances are there'll be a line in front of the counter.

P.S. I preordered mine at Blockbuster just because I knew no one else would. ;)

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Given the fact that where I am we are going to have a foot of snow on the ground, and I'll be at a Gamestop at midnight, in a tournament where only 14 people have signed up....

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
No dude, you gots to wake up at 6 in the morning and camp out in front of the target before any one gets there. YOU'LL NEVER GET ONE IF YOU DONT! :0
I don't trust Target anymore. Back when I was calling places and looking for a Wii, I called target and they said they were getting a shipment in the next day. I went and waited early for them to open, along with about ten other people who were told the same thing. The people there acted as if they didn't know what we were talking about, said no one ever said they were getting a shipment that day, and called the cops.

I have an irrational and intense hatred for Target that hasn't cooled down in a year.

Edit: ... one could say they make me see red.

*laugh*

Fox McCl0ud

Smash Apprentice
My Gamestop said they got about 275 reserves and they told me that theyhave enough copies for everyone. If that is the case, I don't think we will have shortages.

Top Bottom