• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short QAC

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
sometimes when I'm trying to QAC, I go shorter distances than usual, but I can only do it accidentally... i was wondering if anyone has also come across this?

gallax

Smash Hero
no seriously i would. i am intrigued to what the short QAC was. did he just do it in the ground diagononally or vertically?

Tagxy

Smash Lord
just let go after he you input the direction, it will be short.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Rollerking, quit being useless.

Short QACs can be done if you have the control stick between Diagonal-Down and Down.
Regular QACs are done through Diagonal-Down.
Long QACs, using both Quick Attacks are done by having the control stick to the side for the first Quick attack, then a Diagonal.

If that's too complex, I'll use angles:
Short QAC: Control stick is 22.5° from directly down.
Regular QAC: Control stick is 45° from directly down.
Long QAC: Control stick is 90° from directly down for the first Quick Attack, then 67.5°, 45°, or 22.5° from directly down.

I hope that helps.

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman
LOL. I am not saying Muhznit is wrong, but Quick Attack is shorter if you don't hold in the direction you input it with.

gallax

Smash Hero
i would think that its using DI while QA to making it longer. i wonder if its possible to DI to you while letting go in time to not go another way. this is interesting for testing.

Top Bottom