• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short Hop Double Arrow by MellowD

Chaos27

Smash Apprentice
on top of that hes shooting the second arrow on the ground..
If you played the game then you'd know the difference between just shooting an arrow in the air and the ground. When you do this it the second arrow comes out faster than the animation of shooting it on the ground. Kinda hard to explain but it kinda is like a short hop double laser. The videos might be hard to see the short hop double arrows because he makes some mistakes where he does a regular air and ground arrow.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
If you played the game then you'd know the difference between just shooting an arrow in the air and the ground. When you do this it the second arrow comes out faster than the animation of shooting it on the ground. Kinda hard to explain but it kinda is like a short hop double laser. The videos might be hard to see the short hop double arrows because he makes some mistakes where he does a regular air and ground arrow.
I'll record more of Gene's Toon Link next time. Only had about 2-3 matches of his T. Link so I was unable to make like a tactics video. But next time for sure. And yes I agree that the second arrow comes out faster when timed right.

PXG

Smash Journeyman
Short hop arrow? SHA? There doesn't seem to be much lag after he shoots an arrow. Thats a REALLY good thing. Toon Link seems to have the most meta games so far out of ANY character. Keep em coming!

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Great techniquie, looks really useful.

Habanero Pepper

Smash Apprentice
lol, I love the Piggie Victory Pose!!!

I had a hard time seeing any second arrow shoot out while still in the air though. ANd does the SHDA also cancel before landing???

Sunblock

Smash Rookie
For christs sake, I wished my skill would be even near to anything of that :/ Guess I should buy a GC-controller, too...

mellowD

Smash Apprentice
lol, I love the Piggie Victory Pose!!!

I had a hard time seeing any second arrow shoot out while still in the air though. ANd does the SHDA also cancel before landing???
well its basically the same concept of shdl for fox but the thing is for toon link it only works before landing not in mid air
srry about the inconvenience
i plan to make a demonstration video to further show the technique :/

Sunblock

Smash Rookie
Tried this technique a bit and get used to it more and more, altough it's a bit difficult to use it in battle for me atm. Guess it's just a matter of practice... long and hard practice... *sigh*

Kuronekokun

Smash Cadet
I went and tried it out a bit after taking a look at this thread , and the second arrow does come out much faster.

It's hard to pull off consistently (and it was near impossible for me on Pikmin's bouncy platforms stage :p), but I'm guessing it's just a matter of practice like Sunblock said.

It's definitely useful though from what I tried.

BAND!T

Smash Cadet
im having difficulty getting the timing for the arrows. im assuming you tap b right off the shorthop.. but do you spam the button to get the second arrow out? or do u need specific timing?

Kuronekokun

Smash Cadet
im having difficulty getting the timing for the arrows. im assuming you tap b right off the shorthop.. but do you spam the button to get the second arrow out? or do u need specific timing?
It's a specific timing, I think.

I can get it semi-consistently by pressing B after the first arrow a certain distance from the ground... unless it's just a coincidence :p

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Wasn't Kizzu the first one to do this?
\
Yeah, I think he was.
Doesn't even matter though, it's a sweet tactic nevertheless.

D.B

Smash Ace
It's a good tactic when you want to camp, I've been testing it a bit and for example if you want to camp you shoot 2 arrows quickly so you have more chance of hitting / distracting them.

Dudechapguyman

Smash Cadet
This is really cool. When you hit the ground it cancels any animation that was supposed to take place before the firing of the arrow and just has you instantly fire the arrow. In other words, it's just like Bowser's flame canceling, only with arrows. I'm sure most of you have figured that out already, but it hasn't been mentioned, and some people are probably still unclear on the mechanics.

Clink

Smash Cadet
The SHDA, as it's bein pronounced so far, I'm findin' to be quite useful for comin' in for a combo or playin' games with your opponent. Just like in Melee his projectiles are a big advantage and play a roll in combos like no other. The second arrows animation does seem to be faster. If timed right and connecting with both or just one of the arrows, it's still that slight stun in the opponent.

(No i've no played. i'm basin this off the tons of vids I've watched. i'm not tryin to start an argument)

Top Bottom