• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shiny's Mario Mafia - Game Over! Town + FireEmbleminer Victory!

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
We know from Bard's flip that King Boo had someone gunning for them. Presumably, that someone would know who they are. Ergo, there's no reason to discuss FireEmblemnier ever again unless someone counter-claims him.
Unless, the role gunning for King Boo is mafia?
Unless that role was Ura, and when they cleaned up the corpse, the mafia learned that?

FireEmbllsamls has OPENLY claimed a non-town role. Killing him should be the default position.

Vote: FireEmbllemnf

D

Deleted member

Okay I'm confused so until I get answers, I'm just gonna repeat my vote from day 1.

Vote: Maven

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
-You come up as suspicious during alignment checks.
If you were to cop check me, I would come up as neither clean or suspicious due to my 3rd party status I think.
One more thing to throw on the FireEmblemnier waggon before I scoot off to my daily life.
It's fishy to me that he doesn't seem to know what his result would be to a cop check. Seems like basic information that would be in your role, same as it was in Bardull's case.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I'm not overly fond of Fire's claims either. He's basically claimed that making any attempt to do anything to him would be a wasted effort. Any action attempted against him affects the person he's possessed. He can't be cop checked or killed via any method but lynching. The role is bonkers. It has no checks or balances. It's broken even by our standards.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
One more thing to throw on the FireEmblemnier waggon before I scoot off to my daily life.
It's fishy to me that he doesn't seem to know what his result would be to a cop check. Seems like basic information that would be in your role, same as it was in Bardull's case.
It literally says in my role pm that I will not come up as either, Bard is a different case because he has a wincon that's anti town. IE convert enough players to become the majority.
FE, who did you roleclaim to last night?
What do you mean by roleclaiming at night, do you mean in the night chats I was pulled into?

Maven89

Smash Master
FE role seems stupid, but so did Bardull’s and his ability to convert mafia players. We know something like FE’s role exists due to bardulls claim, I’m willing to believe that FE is telling the truth as there are no counter claims.

I’m actually really suspicious of the people trying to lynch FE after he claimed to be NK immune.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Like I said you can lynch me if you want to as my win conditions have been filled, so the only thing you guys will lose is a phase.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Natz, Swamp, and Spak. I felt no risk revealing such info, as you can tell by me mentioning so early into d2.
Can confirm that he gave me his role info last night, and I still think we should keep him around. Nothing has really given me the impression that his drive is anti-town, and he's given valuable input.

Maven89

Smash Master
When I messaged her last night, she said she had no opinions on any player in the game. Literally, no thoughts on any of them. Today she seems to be saying the same.

Maven89

Smash Master
I’m also suspicious of Soup, I was suspicious of him yesterday and his claim did nothing to alleviate that, in fact his role seems complete broken as a town role, a permanent NK immune towny is insane.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I’m also suspicious of Soup, I was suspicious of him yesterday and his claim did nothing to alleviate that, in fact his role seems complete broken as a town role, a permanent NK immune towny is insane.
He probably has to activate the ability and has limited uses. He might've even used his only one.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
With that said, any townie that visits him also dies. It's a double edged sword, and half the game could die instantly regardless of role if they think he looks sketchy lol.

Maven89

Smash Master
Those are both good points, also I just remembered Natz was lynch immune.

I was suspicious of Nabe (and mentioned this to several people last night) due to him not scum hunting and engaging in side-discussions almost the whole game, but he's not doing that anymore so that basically went away.

Natz, who did you target last night?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Heads up I'm mad busy today so I'm probably not going to be nearly as active.

Unvote

Pgo isn't that ridiculous. There have even been some super old dgames that ran it.

Nzers, when we have an Indy with a side condition (I.e kill a certain player) upon fulfilling that conditions they usually exit the game. I'm assuming that doesn't happen here? Even if it doesn't I still don't trust FE's role.

When I talked to coricus she also seemed to not be following the thread, but that was consistent with pretty much all of the D1 lurkers I talked to last night. I don't think trying to equate the dead body with an Indy was that scummy considering we literally just had an Indy that could hide bodies. I could see someone's first (most likely wrong) impression thinking that the two must somehow be related

D

Deleted member

Is there something in particular that is the source of your confusion, or have you not read the thread in general?
I read it briefly.
I couldn't bring myself to focus on what's going on, so can anyone summarize the situation?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I'm beginning to understand why claims are so valued in NZone. When every Day phase is 24 hours, there's basically no time to get anything real out of inactives, other than a juicy claim that moves them from being a Town problem to a Mafia target. Coricus and ADJ are both subpar lynches, but it's already the time of Day where a better lynch needs to get organized, and there's no info forthcoming from either player to merit a switch.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I'm beginning to understand why claims are so valued in NZone. When every Day phase is 24 hours, there's basically no time to get anything real out of inactives, other than a juicy claim that moves them from being a Town problem to a Mafia target. Coricus and ADJ are both subpar lynches, but it's already the time of Day where a better lynch needs to get organized, and there's no info forthcoming from either player to merit a switch.
It seems like it forces everyone to play less scumhunting and more PoE.

#HBC | Nabe

I read it briefly.
I couldn't bring myself to focus on what's going on, so can anyone summarize the situation?
I'm on mobile, but let me ask you this first. Is there a reason behind your Maven vote? Remind me? In my recollection there wasn't any, so I would have probably expected you to not vote, rather than pulling a random D1 vote forward.

#HBC | Nabe

Vote: Coricus for literally right this second, because I'd strongly prefer it over DJ and I'm not sure of my ability to provide moment-to-moment gameplay for the rest of the Day.

I strongly encourage everyone to look at my post #838, about The Stoopid Unikorn, as well as looking at his posts toDay, and post an opinion in the thread. Even a comment of 'No comment' is something to work with, and therefore better than the literal silence from many players on most issues in this game.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
If I get on a CPU in time I'll recap, but it's going to be slanted. And someone else should really do it, given time constraints.

Yellowlord Yellowlord Don't be scared away, I'm just curious if you've been reading up.
I have been, albeit quickly since I need to work very soon and won’t be back for a few hours. Rest assured that once work ends, I’ll be ready to speak up.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
yeah I saw your post about Stoopid, those flipflops and finger pointing were insane and coming out of nowhere. I was really suspicious of him but now because he can hand out lynchproofs I'm not sure he would be mafia (as that role would just shoot himself in the foot lol)

D

Deleted member

I'm on mobile, but let me ask you this first. Is there a reason behind your Maven vote? Remind me? In my recollection there wasn't any, so I would have probably expected you to not vote, rather than pulling a random D1 vote forward.
I was suspicious of his eagerness to start the game, and that was it.
I haven't payed much attention to anything else that was going on.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
his OMGUS towards Natz didn't help himself either

and when I pointed out his hypocrisy, after he told Natz "I'd shoot you if I could and vote you if you weren't lynchproof" and then said later "I wouldn't want to kill you" he just said something like "yeah. Why would I want to do something that I couldn't do?" which is the flimsiest thing EVER.

"I want a million dollars!"
"Never mind. Why would I want something I can't have?"

not looking good

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
i'll try and sum things up for Lampy, gimme a few min

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I'm on mobile and can't really give a good opinion with my laptop at home and myself at JiffyLube lol.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
All that really happened yesterday if I were to sum it up:

RVS (Random voting system) from people land on Maven as people are just goofing off Day 1. Bard (Barney) comes up with an idea to throw votes on him to stir up discussion. When he starts actually getting votes, he turns it into "hey guys it'd be fun if you could vote between I or Maven". Kary and DH rip him to shreds and tear him a new one. While this is happening, people are switching their votes from either side. Natz~ voted, then DJ did, and when Natz~ unvoted DJ did as well. This caused people to point DJ out and Natz~ pressured him into spilling his role/flavor, Captain Toad & a tracker.

Bard barely manages to get lynched and I'm the final vote on him, I credit my vote to Kary and DH's strong cases but soup tells me that DH didn't really have a case, just an observation. This is why DH is wary of soup right now, as soup did nothing to explain why Kary had a case but DH did not despite both posting frequently on the topic of Barney.

Now, today, Kary is wary of Spak as he did a flip-flop from saying Bard is suspicious to just outright voting for Maven to be lynched.

That's what I'd say are the biggest things that have happened so far. There's tinier stuff along the way (Nabe pointed Stoopid out for a flip-flop as well, Maven is popping in and asking scenario questions such as "you have three bullets who do you shoot", etc.)
this covers what happened yesterday and up until the beginning of today. if you're caught up then you can read just what's below

after that?

FireEmblemnier claimed to be Barney's rival; Barney was King Boo, a third party cultist who had someone specifically looking to get him out of the game. Fire claimed Cappy and said he was a redirector (makes sense), third party, and that now that he fulfilled his win, he wanted to help the town. A lot of us aren't keen on this because he also said he has to redirect someone each night or die.

Multiple people had failed roles; Nabe, DJ, and Spak. However, only DJ and Spak got told they were roleblocked; Nabe just got told his role failed.

There was a little talk about why the mafia could have targeted Ura.

Stoopid revealed that his role was a Mario Party dice; he gives it to someone, picks a number from one to five and the result is altered based on the number chosen.

soup said he doesn't have his heart in this game as much as he wants so he revealed his role; Bowser and Paranoid Gun Owner, meaning that whoever targets him on nights he goes in his shell instantly dies.

Swamp popped in and said Coricus was a little shady. I agreed and pointed out she ghosted me last night when I offered to help her and she's been posting in other places but not this thread. That's why Cori is the prime lynch target as of now.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Does Unikorn often make unusually strong statements, like that shooting statement, his DJ vote yesterDay, and his Coricus vote toDay? I can't tell without meta if it's just chuunibyou or not.
Ehhh I don't think he usually plays with this much flipflopping and he's been a little too tightlipped than how he normally is, I feel.

But I haven't really gotten to play with him in a good minute as last game he died N1, the previous game I died D1, and the game before that was wrapped up by N2 (so I didn't have a chance to talk to him) and the game before that was a FFA, where if I recall correctly he wasn't making strong statements such as these.

But it'd be neat to have another NZoner give their opinion

Maven89

Smash Master
Maven89 Maven89
You had mentioned Kary last Night re: Bard. Can you elaborate on that? How do you feel about DH? Was your strong pursuit of Bard entirely genuine in D1?
I was stating the opposite of my actual reads to you to get you to respond, I asked for general reads and you said nothing, so I figured if I said something strange like having Natz as my strongest town read you'd say something in return.

My push on Bardul was entirely legitimate

Top Bottom