• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event Shine 2019 - Discussion Topic

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
I do have to say Samsora's a champ for sticking with Peach even after nerfs (though looking back, those nerfs didn't actually do much towards Peach).

That said, MKLeo got the reset on Samsora; this may turn out to be a repeat, but Samsora does have what it takes to make a comeback; so does MKLeo, however.
-
Samsora did it.... he finally did it...

Samsora :ultpeach: 3-1s MKLeo :ultjoker:

I can't even imagine how Samsora is feeling right now, holy guacamole.

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It's rare I'd ever applaud a Peach main, but man does Samsora deserve it.

After the bomb, I was concerned it was just a fluke, but that 3-1 solidified that sam definitely deserved that.

Last edited:

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Samsora played this MU, just like Kameme at EVO, really passively.
You need to have a lot of patience to play this defensively.

I'm sure if Hbox were as good in Ultimate as in Melee then he'd crush Leo.
It seems like players are really scared once Arsene is out and think they have to intercept Joker somehow but having a good defensive play is key to success. Or so it seems.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I think it's interesting how passive, almost campy play was frowned upon prior to this recent month by most people, myself included, but seeing it used against a machine like Leo's joker brought so much hype. Maybe it's because rather than being another episode of "Snake camps you out and kills you with uptilt/nikita" or "Olimar gets 70% within 15 seconds" there was much more of a story with this fight.

Everything was so deliberate and you got to see how this character that was shutting down everyone since Summer finally met its match. Not to mention Peach combos are fun to watch too.

Top Bottom