• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shielding Help! [URGENT]

eomar500

Smash Rookie
I'm about like 3 days for a very very important tourney and I need to correct this quickly

I don't know if that's the appropiated way to name it.. but this has come over my nuts seriously :@ I need help, I'maa pretty good player I'm a well judge in my gameplay I think is very clean but, I don't know if I have fell in "Auto-piloting" OR my freaking brother already knows ALL MY MOVEMENTS and is mind gaming me.. :@

The deal here is that every time i get close to him.. I attack..then he shields.. but in aa way that just lasts like few frames less then a second, then he can react with a counter attack..

would be like this imagine the scene..

I aproach then Right Smash into my brother's char (no matter what char) then HE presses very low "R" and/or "L" or IDK WTF that the shield sounds like "ping" then he blocks my attack and he si free to counter attack me all this in less then a second...

and I always think how this can be pssible, and I always go mad with the game cuz I can't figure it out what am I doing wrong.. so i need help please ):

If there's any videos to practice with this or Date stored in here so I can read. PLEASE

eomar500

Smash Rookie

xephyr417

Smash Rookie
shield at the last second :]
im pretty sure there is some frame data thatll tell you what the exact timing is but i dont know it off the top of my head.

you cant really stop it... if your opponent sees your attack coming and has the timing and forethought to powershield, then well you just get punished :/

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Shield the attack when the attack's hitbox is inside your shield, but hasn't hit you yet, I'm pretty sure.

It is around 3 frames.

If you don't want your attacks to be power shielded, don't be so obvious.

Flayl

Smash Hero
The problem is you're probably using the smash attack in the same situation every time. Marth's side smash is not a "poke" - that is it does not serve as a consistent tool to keep the opponent out. Try using more short hop FAirs, Down Tilt and Dancing Blade.

eomar500

Smash Rookie
yeah, if I try to attack him he shields and counters me or he grabs me, and if I try to grab him, also idk how he mades to know when I am attacking and when I am grabbing, and is so irritating :@

thanks for the info and advices, 1 day for the tourney :D free money here I come... (:

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Stop attacking so predictably, and if you space your moves properly he won't be able to grab you.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Stop attacking so predictably, and if you space your moves properly he won't be able to grab you.
Thissss
I assume you play marth right? Marth has some amaaazing spacing moves. If you use them at max range there nearly impossible to punish~

Learn the range on his F-air N-air and D-tilt to get a little better understanding.

Top Bottom