• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shield Reflect Edge Gaurd

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Now i know people know about this but i havent seen a thread about this. Im just wondering if anyone is 100% sure about a few things about this tech.

I seems like timing matters. You can just hold out your shield.

Does it reflect them farther if u add ur own momentum as you use ur shield or would it be the same if u were standing still..

People and skills it works on that i know:
Ike Up and Side Special
Marths Up Special (Reflect at start)
Falco & Fox (wolf probably) Up special
Luigi Side and Up Special (Reflect at start)
Ice Climbers Side Special
Link & Toon Link Up Special
Meta Knight Up Special (should work) Side Special (Reflect at start)
Piakchu Up and Side(possibly) Special
Mario's Up special (Reflect at start)
Ness & Lucas Up special (Reflect at start)
Anyone else?

kown

Smash Lord
Now i know people know about this but i havent seen a thread about this. Im just wondering if anyone is 100% sure about a few things about this tech.

I seems like timing matters. You can just hold out your shield.

Does it reflect them farther if u add ur own momentum as you use ur shield or would it be the same if u were standing still..

People and skills it works on that i know:
Ike Up and Side Special
Marths Up Special
Falco & Fox Up special
Luigi Side special
Ice Climbers Side Special
Link & Toon Link Up Special
Anyone else?
im guessing your only talking about recoveries.
i havent tried any of these but i would assume u could reflect
sonics up b
bowsers side b
dk's side b
metakinights tornado and side b ( i have done this)

i dont really kno other chars moves fully but if the recovery can hurt u it can also be reflected. This would be about all of the chars.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Pikas Side special immediately sprang to mind also, Lucarios too. This is just off the top of my head.
Btw Pits reflector is possibly his attack with the most potential, im doing research into it soon.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
it doesnt work against lucario, it shouldnt, it only reflects attacks that damage. So sonic wouldnt work either. Doesnt work against ness or lucas either they go right through. Im pretty sure meta knights side special goes through, and his tornado doesnt matter cause he wouldnt probably would use that to recover, and his Up special is reflectable i assume, but timing would be hard. It might work on dk and bowser ima have to check that. And apparently both mario and luigi can be reflected too.

kown

Smash Lord
it doesnt work against lucario, it shouldnt, it only reflects attacks that damage. So sonic wouldnt work either. Doesnt work against ness or lucas either they go right through. Im pretty sure meta knights side special goes through, and his tornado doesnt matter cause he wouldnt probably would use that to recover, and his Up special is reflectable i assume, but timing would be hard. It might work on dk and bowser ima have to check that. And apparently both mario and luigi can be reflected too.

ness and lucas should work? his up b makes him electric (if he does it right) and it hurts you a ton if it hits you.

kupo15

Smash Hero
it works against ness and lucas. It also works against MK, you just need to whip it out much sooner than the others

Top Bottom