• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shield Pressuring

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
One thing about Brawl that is not talked about is Shield pressuring. Now before flaming begins think of ways to Shield Pressure with Fox. I'm to make this a useful thread. But so far my only good Shield Pressure tatic is to Dair to Foxfire. (Dair past the shield so you land behind them so you wont be Shield Grabbed.) This might be a good idea to make people watch thier Shields, thus making more chances for a dair.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
I prefer actually a lot of repeated dairs behind the opponent. You can accurately guess when it's going to be too much for them and punish them when they try to get out of that situation. The drill - > firefox is more effective to get rid of the shield, but it doesn't give you a lot of options to actually gain a real advantage out of it.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I prefer actually a lot of repeated dairs behind the opponent. You can accurately guess when it's going to be too much for them and punish them when they try to get out of that situation. The drill - > firefox is more effective to get rid of the shield, but it doesn't give you a lot of options to actually gain a real advantage out of it.
Cool ill try this

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
Is it even possible to do a shield breaker combo in brawl or is the shield just to strong?
(I probably already know the answer to this so don't go saying "no you idiot the shield broken")

kriatevPit

Smash Cadet
word ima have to try this today it sounds as if it cld work but so do a lot of halfbakd combos =] im messing i really think it will work

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I know this might seem as useless bumping but could we colaborate on this to add to Fox's metagame? Also, we could get to add this to Fox user manual

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Actually, i've been using ftilt a lot recently. Has decent speed and range, it can actually be a good poke as long as your playing a character that doesn't have insane range. One of my main tools in matchups like Mario and Luigi. Ftilt has good priority as well, i've clanked with sword moves and things like Falcos jab.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
problem with blockstringing in brawl, is that fox has nothing safe on block, regardless of whether he hits behind or in front. And i'm not talking about "safe" like falco's pillar (how it wasn't technically safe, but most people couldn't counterhit it), i mean, the average smash player will be able to wreck you if you dair their shield. autocancel fair looks like a good option at first, but then again, you can easily be hit after the fair ends, but before you land, unless you're hitting with like, the very tip of the fair (some characters can still hit you then).

tl;dr: if you're going to hit someone's shield, make sure it's with a grab.

Top Bottom