• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

shield dashing tricks and strats!....

actmasterkings

Smash Cadet
OKAY, im v new to samus....ive heard of shield dashing.

i think that we should discuss its many uses...pertaining to spacing,retreating ,advancing and so on and so forth..ive found that when in close combat it can be confusing to the opponent to shield dash away from them.

that was just a starter

but now i NEED YOUR HELP(SAMUS GODS) to discover its many helpful,and trickey ways ...thanks a bunch.. and lets get to it..shall we!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*please dont close my thread,just tryin to be part of the commun ,thanks*

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
i dont think anyone mentioned this but

rohins found out you can buffer a pivot in the shield drop animation

so you can shield dash away, as your shield is dropping flick towards your opponent and then buffer dtilt rght after, you dtilt out of your shield facing your opponent. pretty cool. works with anything else.

actmasterkings

Smash Cadet
sorry

Go here if you want to discuss this kind of stuff.
yeah my bad i just wanted to focus on sheild dashing..to dig deep..everyone knows its a tech but i wanted to find out the slightest details dryn

i dont think anyone mentioned this but

rohins found out you can buffer a pivot in the shield drop animation

so you can shield dash away, as your shield is dropping flick towards your opponent and then buffer dtilt rght after, you dtilt out of your shield facing your opponent. pretty cool. works with anything else.
can this be used to pass through an opponent??cuz i tried but i always end up pushing them back with me??!!

_Pope_

Smash Cadet
Generally when i shield dash i am trying to go for the surprise factor, whether its a long ranged or short ranged move. a lot of the time i use it in combination with moves that already extend a good deal away from samus to effectively increase their range. shield dashing to dtilt works really well on opponents that do not know the precise range, especially if you catch them hanging on the ledge.

one setup I like using is canceled missile > shield dash > jab. If your at medium range its just an effective way to pressure your opponent really quickly, and hopefully set up something after the jab.

actmasterkings

Smash Cadet
Generally when i shield dash i am trying to go for the surprise factor, whether its a long ranged or short ranged move. a lot of the time i use it in combination with moves that already extend a good deal away from samus to effectively increase their range. shield dashing to dtilt works really well on opponents that do not know the precise range, especially if you catch them hanging on the ledge.

one setup I like using is canceled missile > shield dash > jab. If your at medium range its just an effective way to pressure your opponent really quickly, and hopefully set up something after the jab.
thanks alot gonna try that..oh and pope i like your matches man..there hardcore.!!!

Uffe

Smash Hero
Welcome to the Samus boards! I hope you learn everything there is to learn about Samus. ;)

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
retreat shield dash ftilt if you wanna be gangsta

Hahah, Yeeup!

Yeah Thanks A Lot But Could You Post Some Info Too..appreciate It...and Get Others To Look At This Thread

Uffe isn't a samus main :) he's a ness main, he just checks in here lots because his Brother is Dryn, Uffe minazwel be one of us though loll

So! my info is taht it speeds samus' physical game up a lot. I think of it as wave dashing except crappier. I'll shield dash away then pivot while dropping the shield and jab from there I'll mix it up, I've beeaten a few good wolfs using only melee and a few Z airs jus because of Shield dashing, it makes Samus move faster and be able to take away wolfs spam game, agaisnt wolf it rocks so hard.

If you shield dash a lot watch out for People CHARGING smashes. if they knwo you shield dash alot they will hold it a bit, until you drop your shield, trust me it hurts, it's why I don't shield dash as much anymore

Top Bottom