• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shiek/Zelda

drzillman

Smash Rookie
DOES NOONE PLAY THEM TOGETHER ANYMORE

why are they ranked seperatly...

shiek is fast but few kill moves and zelda is a slow power house... they compliment eachother...

Shiek is my second main but once i get a quick chance ill switch to zelda for the easy kill because it changes the pace soo much that most players cet caught off gaurd and 1 hit from zelda can make the kill...

just a couple quick questions to you people that have been active for awhile... thanks

stealth3654

Smash Lord
I play Sheik and Zelda together whenever it proves beneficial to switch out.

A lot of people like to play one, but refuse to play the other.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I sortakindaalmost play them together. A lot of matchups it isn't really worth it to switch to Zelda so I don't even bother anymore.

Good thing about her though is not a lot of people know how to play against her at all.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
zelda ... easy kill
This, unfortunately, is not true for any opponents familiar with the character. Zelda is great against characters with limited options in getting from the air back on the ground, but she's relatively terrible at things like approaching to get that launch in the first place, so I can really only recommend her against big slow characters that don't have great projectiles.

drzillman

Smash Rookie
I wouldnt say that shes Always benifecial... but nither is shiek always benificial... but they should still be ranked together since they can be used together...

i do agree with them being ranked seperatly... but they shoule be ranked together aswell...

and im not saying zelda should make all the kills and shiek make all the damage... just switch when its benificial...

Judo777

Smash Master
I use zelda to cover some tough matchups. But by far the best thing about the two is it makes cping sheik much harder because i can change my character in mid game. Example I playing a falco and i ban say FD and they cp to SV i say im staying sheik they swap to IC's. The match starts i hop on the moving platform and transform now im set to play. Also if i suspect they play IC's and might switch ill just swap to zelda before the match starts and swap back if they dont pick who i thought they would.

j0s3ph

Smash Apprentice
personally, I think for most people (me included) it's kind of an honor thing. Sheik mains try to prove sheik has killing power, zelda mains try to prove zelda can rack damage. I myself rarely switch to zelda, partially because I think sheik doesn't need her and partially because I never think of it when I get an opportunity.

J4pu

Smash Champion
honor doesnt belong in competitive gaming, sorry
if you can win by planking as MK, you best be planking as MK in important matches

if it ain't banned, abuse it.

Aibou

Smash Master
Plenty of people play both...okay maybe not but still...

Killing ain't that reliable with Zelda because actually LANDING the hit can prove difficult if your opponent can camp you or is just too fast *coughsoniccough*

But still... *uses both*

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I use solo Sheik in the majority of matchups. You should transform only if you feel it would actually work for the given matchup/situation, not because you think using both is automatically better (because it isn't). At the same time, there is the occasional matchup that is better for Zelda than Sheik...

drzillman

Smash Rookie
I would agree that honor is a silly excuse... if you can make the kill quicker switch... if it wont help, by all means dont bother switching... shieks 3 kill moves arnt too hard to land but zeldas bajillion kill moves arent too hard either... but zelda dies faster... so it also sometimes depends on you damage...

It would be hard to cp both of them... unless you know the zelda player is going to use both... and you know the stage they will be picking... ten you could pick a nice well rounded player that has medium advantages over both zelda and shiek...

what a fun character... :psycho:

Judo777

Smash Master
I would agree that honor is a silly excuse... if you can make the kill quicker switch... if it wont help, by all means dont bother switching... shieks 3 kill moves arnt too hard to land but zeldas bajillion kill moves arent too hard either... but zelda dies faster... so it also sometimes depends on you damage...

It would be hard to cp both of them... unless you know the zelda player is going to use both... and you know the stage they will be picking... ten you could pick a nice well rounded player that has medium advantages over both zelda and shiek...

what a fun character... :psycho:
Except that medium advantages arent a great cp lol Id be more than happy to play a marth with sheik then have to play IC's with zelda

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I use solo Sheik in the majority of matchups. You should transform only if you feel it would actually work for the given matchup/situation, not because you think using both is automatically better (because it isn't). At the same time, there is the occasional matchup that is better for Zelda than Sheik...
I completely agree with this. You shouldn't switch unless the situation calls for it. Not because u think it's always better.

briarsauble

Smash Cadet
Its called people dont use zelda some don't use shiek. People have diffrent playing styles, you know.

Top Bottom