• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shiek team Pros? cons?

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
As of now I either do a marth/falcon with my friends shiek in teams but recently I've been considering picking up shiek for teams.

What the the pros and cons of having an all shiek team?

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
she dies to quick that is the major con. the pros is that she is good at edgeguarding and in teams u probbally would need that pretty badly. those are the only things i know.

soap

Smash Hero
double sheik doesnt really have alot of killing power, but it can still sort of work if you get those edgeguards. I think falcon sheik is better, they can combo off each other pretty good and the knee actually kills

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
i agree soap. double sheik has horrible killing power. shes like as good as like pichu in teams.
pretty good in building damage but can't finish u off.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
Isn't the fair and uair good at killing? I agree the knee kills faster, but I just need a better recovery, my teammate barely helps me when I'm getting comboed and edguarded even when he's not doing anything.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Yea, Ganon doesn't die very easily. Easy got an incredible recovery (especially when hit up-away like most hits do). He's also very heavy which makes him hard to up-kill/knock off the stage. Ganon sometimes has trouble helping Sheik while she's being edgeguarded though. However, if he ever gets over there to help you out, he can stop basically any edgeguard.

I like Sheik/Samus and Sheik/Peach. Samus/Peach don't die and don't need a ton of help recovering (like Falco/CF do). They both have killing moves and can hold their own in edgeguarding and comboing. They aren't that great in 1v2 situations though (Ganon does fine there).

It's really just whatever works for you though.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I really don't know any thing about this subject but from what I just read it seems like a Zelda Sheik team would work.

Sheik for stacking up the damage and Zelda for the finishing

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
But zelda isn't really good for anything else really. Too slow to help and too light to stay alive. Although in theory it isn't too bad. My friend like to switch to zelda in teams from time to time maybe I'll talk to him about it.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
yeah against a peach in teams for a 2v1, I would switch to zelda. zelda rarely gets Dsmashed by peach because she's in the air alot and keeps her distance.

ummm, ganon sheik is the team I play and the only bad thing about ganon is that he can't help anyone recover with out putting himself in a huge risky situation.

sheik cons for me would be absolutely nothing, she compliments ganon near perfectly.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i think there is no downfall to double sheik. You don't need killing power when you can get them off the stage and have 2 people to gay them.

It's hard enough to get back onto the stage against 1 good sheik, against 2 it's **** near impossible.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
From my experience, one of Sheik's greatest assets is her ability to keep her partner alive...which makes Sheik/Peach teams not that great, since neither of them have a great kill move (tipper/knee/up smash/ganon/etc) and Peach doesn't really need help staying alive.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
really? i think doll+i are a great team. i duno.

i don't think a move needs to kill at 50% to be an "effective kill move"

sheiks fair, sheiks uair, peach's dsmash, peach's uair, as wlel as both their edgeguarding seem to do the trick for me.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
really? i think doll+i are a great team. i duno.

i don't think a move needs to kill at 50% to be an "effective kill move"

sheiks fair, sheiks uair, peach's dsmash, peach's uair, as wlel as both their edgeguarding seem to do the trick for me.
this is true, but there is no substitute for a good old fashion gimping.

spawn
get randomly tipped
get edge gaurded
spawn again

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
sure there is

spawn
get back thrown
get back aired 8 times
spawn again

:D

technomancer

Smash Champion
i find it odd that the person you are playing would allow this. do they know what di is?
Dual sheik is >-gaysauce-<

It's hard to land hits on them which is a big pro, Shiek is good against Peach and Marth and in teams is pretty good against Fox as well, which is a big pro (that's like 50% of the teams characters cast). Edgehog/Spam Dsmash is quite possibly the gayest double edgehog on the planet lol, brutal against spacies. Needles are good for lots of stuff in teams too, but dual sheik doesn't need them much. Thing is, it's not really a team, more like two gay 1v1s, cuz there is no real reason to have your partner fair someone out of your grab when it's gaurenteed for you lol.

Might have trouble with a good Jiggs or Jiggs/Peach (can't kill), and will run pretty even with stuff that Sheik runs pretty even with (Peach, Fox, etc), and maybe get pooned by a double Falco squad. If you have a good Falcon on standby sub him in when you run into a tough spot.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i find it odd that the person you are playing would allow this. do they know what di is?
what does DI have to do with getting back aired?

it all depends what character, but, vs a space animal or captain falcon or something, this can be completely legit.

mathos

Smash Champion
Just ask Drephen how is bthrows to 8 bairs. Drephen loves space animals in teams. In fact JoeBushman111 likes space animals in teams. Sheik/Ganon is the way to go. Ganon provides the power, while Shiek is that little nuisance that you have to get aware of because its constantly getting in the way.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
BS, drephen knows nothing abother bthrow-->8 bairs.

drephen is all about the on-stage edgeguarding.

needle, ftilt, fair, dsmash!

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
This is going to be tough for anyone else to recreate but Sheik and a good Y. Link is nice team. YL racks up mad damage with his projectile spamming and Sheik can finish them off with a good Fair or two, not to mention YL's bombs and other projectiles set characters up for Sheik to kill. The major thing is that the YL has to have mad skills, he can't be some scrub YL player.

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
Heh, I think I'll give the double shiek thing a try I guess I've got nothing to lose(besides entry fee...) I have a average fox and falcon also an below average marth I guess depending on the situation I can just counter pick. It's just space animal teams that gives me trouble with Falcon. Peach and such aren't that bad for my Falcon or fox.

siggyx4scythe

Smash Rookie
actually, speaking of which, ive been using Sheik for my teams matches along with a marth
not sure how practical it is, but i have my partner doing the hard-hitting and i pick up the slack/annoy/edgeguard

though he frequently fsmashes me... >.< bad partner... need more teamwork...

i personally feel sheik provides me the speed and abilities to be a good team player with the edgeguarding and getting ppl off my teammate quick

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
actually, speaking of which, ive been using Sheik for my teams matches along with a marth
not sure how practical it is, but i have my partner doing the hard-hitting and i pick up the slack/annoy/edgeguard

though he frequently fsmashes me... >.< bad partner... need more teamwork...

i personally feel sheik provides me the speed and abilities to be a good team player with the edgeguarding and getting ppl off my teammate quick
You stated my feelings exactly.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
i agree with DoH and Mathos mostly... except i have to argue the usefulness of the peach/shiek team... for some reason, at MOST of the tournaments i've been too, there's almost ALWAYS a peach/shiek team that ***** everybody in their path until they get to well known or highly skilled teams... for instance, back in az we have dark and light, they always rank very highly in teams matches as peach/shiek. in NM there's allboutpeach and allboutshiek, same thing. i'm pretty sure i've seen drew and DoH before as that team as well, and recently my friend chris and i won a monthly with it.

in my opinion, shiek isn't a damager. hence why i agree with mathos that she needs someone to rack up damage like ganon or marth or falco. peach is fairly universal, as her downsmash can fulfill both of these needs, she almost never dies, and under the right circumstances can float off screen and hit you back towards the stage. mostly you have your partner rack up damage, while keeping their partner away, then you switch off and finish them off with a slap while your partner is comboing/racking up damage on the other one, then you just keep that going.

Top Bottom