• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

shffl tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Red

Smash Apprentice
so I started playing Smash bros again, and my friend is so much better than me because he can shffl. I'm not so good at it, so does anyone have any tips or methods of practicing this.

Mr.Red

Smash Apprentice
it is VERY useful, when my friend can get me in a good combo, I'll have sustained 100% of damage in a matter of seconds, and I wont even be able to do anything about it. my friend says it's easy once you get the hang of it though but it's tricky at first.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
There's not much we can do, other than tell you to practice. Your best bet is to slow things down a bit. You HAVE to L-cancel if you're using Link. For starters, always L-cancel his Dair, cuz you'll get smoked if you don't. Once you get that down, then worry about L-cancelling everything else. When juggling a guy above you with Uair, short hop (or full jump, whatever is needed), do Uair, fast fall, and cancel. You know how to do it, but it's probably the best place to get used to L-cancelling. Once you get used to all the individual pieces, try to sew them together. Focus intently on doing it, one move at a time. Once it is engraved into your brain, it'll happen naturally.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
I suppose, with Link, it's easier to do FAIR-SHFFL, A, A, Down Throw, UAIR-SHFFL, Up Tilt, DAIR-Cancel'd/SHFFL'D (Depending on how high % they are after this.) It's how I practiced with Link with SHFFL, and I do a lot of shffl's now. Good luck.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Don't try to shffl. It will come to you, here are some helpful tips. Mix up your moves when shuffling, after a shffl jab beacause your opponent might shield grab you. Just keep playing Link it will come naturally. But don't be lazy, kinda try to shffl. :p and remember to L-Cancel at the end cause most people misses that and they get ***** after.

D

Deleted member

this video is actually y i started learning adv tech its pretty funny :)

teh haxors :]

stos is right just try to play and slowly work shffl'ing into your play style

i started with link's dair and moved onto working with his fair and simmultaneously added in his bair and nair cuz theyre sorta similar.... all you have to do is start shflling and it will become first nature in a while

Fallen C

Smash Journeyman
play a game vs a lvl 1 cpu with no time limit and just work on shorthop nair first. if you get that down then practice a shorthop nair fastfall. and after you get that down work on l canceling. for l canceling i would practice it both with hitting and without hitting your opponent so that you get the hit lag down. you could also do this in practice mode.

Nuada

Smash Cadet
I prefer using vs mode so you can c-stick. And I just add another human opponent and set the time to unlimited. cpu's can be annoying when trying to work on something.

EazyP

Smash Ace
For me, it was just getting used to constantly hitting L whenever I hit the ground

So that's what I did, I just hit L whenever I touched the ground, eventually it stuck

D

Deleted member

fair - link starts the slice and instead of gaining his footing like normal, he automatically has his footing

nair- he stands up faster
bair - ^^same thing^^

Deva

Smash Lord
To check if you're L-canceling, have you and a friend play Link. shffl an attack at your friend. If they can shield grab you with Link, you didn't L-cancel. If you did, you should be able to spot dodge the grab.

linkskillsKILLS

Smash Cadet
The most noticeable lag difference is the Dair. To make sure your L-canceling try doing a Dair (with out L-cancel) and press A rapidly, you will notice it takes a while for him to attack. Try to L-cancel the Dair and press A right after you hit the ground and if you did it right You will DEFINATLY notice a difference. Atfer you get the L-cancel down add the short hop, and lasty throw in a fast fall after mastering the short hop and you will be good to go!

Practice alot!

Mr.Red

Smash Apprentice
I'm having more problems with shffl'ing.

I think I've gotten the hang of it and I know thie jist of it. I can maybe do a short hop, nair, fast fall then L cancle like twice, then do a fair, to get my opponent awa from me, but I can't keep a combo going.

also I sometimes do 1 shffl but then my oponent will quickly counter me, and begin a combo. how can you shffl faster? am I maybe doing something wrong?

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
I'm having more problems with shffl'ing.

I think I've gotten the hang of it and I know thie jist of it. I can maybe do a short hop, nair, fast fall then L cancle like twice, then do a fair, to get my opponent awa from me, but I can't keep a combo going.

also I sometimes do 1 shffl but then my oponent will quickly counter me, and begin a combo. how can you shffl faster? am I maybe doing something wrong?
If you're doing your aerial at the peak of your jump they're still gonna be able to punish even if you fastfall and L cancel. Basically the closer to the end of the jump you start your aerial, the better chance that it'll be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom