• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheiks up tilt can interrupt edge attacks/rolls/jumps

ComboBaker

Smash Cadet
I have been dosing thins for a while on various people, basically all you have to do is stand near the ledge and uptilt, this interrupts whatever attack or roll or jump your opponent would have done is stopped and they are knocked off the stage again. This can possibly rack up a lot of damage and it can leave you with a lot of options for a a followup. Now it does not interrupt all attacks/rolls, but from my experience, it does work on a lot of them. I thought that I would just throw this out there, since personally i find it to be very useful, and i have never heard any talk about it. I really hope this isn't disgustingly old
With Love,
Combo Baker

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Obviously situational, but still useful. I'll have to try it out.

We should try to find follow ups, though. From what I imagine there won't be many, but it's a little dry on its own. Would have been perfect if Sheik could spike.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Would ledgehopped air dodges be an answer to this? If so then this will only work like twice and ppl will just ledge hop an airdodge or if they have good range their fair/nair.

Squidster

Smash Ace
It gets them off the edge to be open of the gimp.

This is actually useful and i've been doing for awhile, its just ledgepressure. Forcing them to stay off the edge. You obviously should mix it up with other moves but Utilt does seem to work very well to easily hit them and make them gtfo the stage.

Dsmash, Usmash, Ftilt and areals can also be used... utilt doesn't really have any special properties for this just a long hitbox thats hard to punish.

ComboBaker

Smash Cadet
it rages on spotdodges too - the hitbox on the up tilt and it's duration is its strongest point.
Thanks for i the Tip Gimpy. Maybe when i stop having a million things to do, i'll try that out. Btw, will you ever write a sheik guide? That combovideo was sick and I would really liek to learn some of the stuff you did in it.

Top Bottom