• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's Move Tier list

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
ftilt is not difficult. It's got really good range in front and somewhat above Sheik, it's got a fast startup, and it's got a relatively low cooldown.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Yes, we discussed this a couple days ago how it's not hard to keep the F Tilt decayed seeing as you can replace almost all Shieks ground game with it.

Villi

Smash Lord
The way I see it is ftilt to upsmash is only really useful when it kills at percentages below Zelda's kill moves. From endeavoring to have ftilts decayed by upsmash's minumum kill percents, it should become apparent how great the effect of decay is on ftilt.

Anyway, personalized tier lists are more interesting to read IMO.

Ftilt
Up smash
Transform

High

Nair
Fair
Needles
Uptilt
Dsmash
Bair

Mid

Jab
Fthrow
Dtilt
Chain
Vanish
Upair
Dthrow

Low

Bthrow
Fsmash
Upthrow

Ftilt set ups take priority in high tier then good damage rackers to ~70-100% Mid tier is mix up moves and low tier is rarely used. Nair is just a great move and tends to outlast spot dodges. Fair is high up because of its gimping ability. Bair and dsmash are both good for sending people off for safe transforms, and both are also occasionally useful oos.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
ahhhk so the trick is to decay the ftilt, must be why i've never gotten that good at it...
it does seem like most chars can break out of tiltlock the first time i try it, so if i can get it going again they'll be trapped more easily i presume?

i probably like Fsmash too much

demodemo

Smash Ace
ok, I guess I'm wrong :embarrass since so many of you are disagreeing with me. Or maybe its just me who has trouble using ftilt in the late percentages. ground game? i am rarely hitting my opponents (if at all) with ground moves at late percentages, that is just how i play, and it seems to work..

I'll look into the use of stale ftilt, for now i guess everyone can just post their own move tier list, i may possibly make the first post into a compilation rather than a single list. too bad swf has lame spoiler tags so it will be a really long and ugly post. Does anyone know any way to have collapsible text? maybe with html or something? Sorry i'm a tech dummie :laugh:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
ahhhk so the trick is to decay the ftilt, must be why i've never gotten that good at it...
it does seem like most chars can break out of tiltlock the first time i try it, so if i can get it going again they'll be trapped more easily i presume?

i probably like Fsmash too much
Ftilt doesn't truly lock until around 30-40%. If you land an ftilt before that period, you should ftilt to dsmash or ftilt to jabs.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Exactly, her tipper is one of the best vertical KO moves in the game. Even with proper DI it kills very early. Villi's video was a perfect example of what ftilt can do to characters. Sheik doesn't even need Zelda if you do this right.

fox219

Smash Journeyman
Because everyone ****ing has one god dam

Here is a tier list of sheiks moves, based on my opinion. Very open to make changes since I am always wrong. This list can help beginners know which moves use more, and which moves to use less. This is usability, not "goodness", eg. usmash isn't really that good, but is a very important part of sheiks game.

However, you should treat this list more like a guideline of what sort of moves you should incorporate into your game, rather than "what moves to do".

Keep in mind I am not trying to balance the categories (eg 5 moves for every category).

Forward Tilt
Back Air
Down Smash
Neutral air
Transform

High
Up Smash
Up Tilt
Forward Air
Needles

Middle
Down tilt
Jab
Forward Throw*
Down Throw*
Back Throw*
Up Throw*
Chain

Low
Up air
Dash Attack
Vanish

Junk
Forward smash
Down Air

*the usefulness of all of the grabs are so similar that it is probably better to group them into one move as "grab" but whatever. That means up air and Jab are not that much varied in terms of usability

This is a list of usefulness to sheik. this is accounting for general fighting, and so recovery is not a factor. Grab is sort of low for how important it is to grab.

Remember kids, this does not mean you should not grab, (grab like crazy) and chain is probably way better than I seem to think it is. Until I see chain being used more frequently that clearly showcases its usefulness, its staying low. I just need some video proof, it all seems too punishable to me. (i have tried to use it, and i think i just suck too much for it to help me)

Should I include things like, Needle Storm, rapid jabs, DACUS, etc.?

open for discussion, updating as needed
nice!!!!!!!!!!!! f-tilt deserves it although it has no killing power

demodemo

Smash Ace
demo, I dunno what exactly you mean by "late percentages" but up smash kills many characters under 100 and the rest only shortly after.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcAnHSlpXkU&fmt=18 Tilt **** happens shortly before we get out of the underground transformation.
aw ****..

well by late percentages i meant when an ftilt does not lead into another ftilt.

yeah, ok :confused: i feel like everybody knew about this strategy and used it for months while i was underneath a blanket or something :dizzy:. lol

I swear its new but everyone is spouting it nonchalantly like they've known it forever :urg:

anyway, move tier lists aside, i need to get better :laugh:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I only recently learned about it and i've been playing Sheik since Brawls release. Of course I landed tippers due to ftilt being decayed a lot, I just never realized it was because of decay.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Ditto, minus the maining since release. I tried to get some Ftilt > Usmash kills after using a bunch of aerials, and wondered why it didn't work. Decayed Ftilt rocks.

demodemo

Smash Ace
hey Villi, I was just watching your other videos, namely the two most recent and the dtilt spiking, and noticed you are a really good zelda.

anyway, i wonder why all your videos have so little views and comments lol

demodemo

Smash Ace
tiny *** update

hey guys, I found out that usmash is actually pretty dam useful, and the decayed ftilt is way too good. The tipper actually hits quite often, but it is possible to DI away from the tipper (unless my ftilt isnt decayed enough or something). either way, it has to be higher, for sure, but i'm not sure if it deserves a spot above bair..

however, the fact remains that move tier lists are too heavily dependent on playing styles, and each style has its benefits...I'm just going to keep this pseudo tier list up for now, and i'll make a topic about playing styles tomorrow.

Villi

Smash Lord
Yah... The hitbox at the tip of Sheik's foot is different from the hitbox closer to her body. I forget which does what and if there's possibly a third one. All the more reason to keep track of your spacing.

fox219

Smash Journeyman

Forward Tilt
Down Smash

High

Fair
Bair
Nair
DACUS

Middle

Up Tilt
Needles (neutral B)