• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sheik's infinite stall

Razor

Smash Journeyman
how do you guys do the infinite stall while still being invunerable? I can do the motion but a fsmash by marth always hits me while i'm doing it. Any tips?

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
ok, you dont actually want to do an infinite stall.

simply drop down, and he wont be able to fsmash you, and then up+b so that you instant grab the ledge without an explosion, and he wont be ale to fsmash you.

not its not a true infinite, because whilst youre below the stage youre not invuln, but its a helluva lot easier to do, and he wont be hitting you under the stage anyway.

darkatma

Smash Hero
OR youc an just practice dropping down faster and then flicking the control stick up(and b) and then down very quickly.

I tend to drop off the ledge by pressing away, but that can be risky because you might mess up and whip out the chain.

But yea, tristan is right, search function please

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Watch captain jack do it, http://youtube.com/watch?v=GCDsnCTmjoM.. and just practice doing it as fast as possible... then go to brinstar and try to do it on the ledge under the lava... and if you can do that which isnt that hard after your used to it, your fully invinsible obviously.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Immediately once you hit the ledge you need to start doing it, because if you wait too long your invincibility frames will run out right before your up b invincibility frames kick in.

Banksya

Smash Ace
if you do it when ur still invincible you cant be hurt, if u stay on the ledge and then do it later you can be fsmashed.

Aesis

Smash Ace
The ledge stall is great for anyone stupid enough to get close. If not, it still gives you space to wd onto the stage. Against a Marth however, be careful, because during the initial frames of the Up+B you ARE vulnerable, which is why you drop down below the stage. I prefer pressing down instead of away because it's really not worth the risk of throwing out the chain, losing a stock for nothing.

And don't do the ledge stall when your opponent is still invincible after you take a stock off. He'll just WD onto the ledge and you're in a position to take damage.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
The ledge stall is great for anyone stupid enough to get close. If not, it still gives you space to wd onto the stage. Against a Marth however, be careful, because during the initial frames of the Up+B you ARE vulnerable, which is why you drop down below the stage. I prefer pressing down instead of away because it's really not worth the risk of throwing out the chain, losing a stock for nothing.

And don't do the ledge stall when your opponent is still invincible after you take a stock off. He'll just WD onto the ledge and you're in a position to take damage.

If done fast enough, its completely invincible all the time... i tested it on action replay and under the lava on brinstar.

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
how do u do it fast like captain jack did? I do it and try to release the ledge right as i grab it but the game wont let me. There is like a split second lag after i grab the ledge that wont let me let go and up b as quickly

EDIT: Nvm i got it, its cool cuz everytime u touch the lava it sizzles but u dont get hurt :)

Top Bottom