• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's Frame Data [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor

Smash Champion
Is it possible we could get landing lag data for Sheik's bouncing fish landing animations? The one that interests me most is bouncing fish on whiff [that is, if you bouncing fish aiming at no one and land on the ground], and I think it'd be useful for both Sheik mains [how much lag do I put myself in when I whiff] and for people looking to punish it [what punish options can I use based on where I am relative to her].

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Is it possible we could get landing lag data for Sheik's bouncing fish landing animations? The one that interests me most is bouncing fish on whiff [that is, if you bouncing fish aiming at no one and land on the ground], and I think it'd be useful for both Sheik mains [how much lag do I put myself in when I whiff] and for people looking to punish it [what punish options can I use based on where I am relative to her].
Iunno, if you land on the ground then you've done something wrong. It'd be at least 30 frames landing lag, I'd guess. Maybe 40.

Jrzfine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jrzfinest
3DS FC
1762-3319-6557
This frame data is just as disgusting as I thought it would be. None of her A moves take longer than frame 5 to come out, except for Dair and smashes. :cry:

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
This frame data is just as disgusting as I thought it would be. None of her A moves take longer than frame 5 to come out, except for Dair and smashes. :cry:
Thats kind of sheiks niche.. being fast as hell while being really weak. Game design 101.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Can someone please explain to me all the jargon in the guide?
Smash plays on 60 fps (frames per second). Sheik's nair comes out frame 3 so it means on the 3rd frame in that 60 frame in a second's period, it'll be out.

To put it in perspective, Little Mac and Mega Man have the fastest nairs which come out on frame 2, Luigi, Yoshi, Link, Mario, and a couple others I might be missing have nairs that come out frame 3.

FAF means First Actionable Frame.. basically, the amount of lag you get after doing a move, in frames. You can't act out of Nair after doing it until 50 frames have passed. "Hitbox active" means how long the hitbox will be out for; as in, if an opponent touches the hitbox during those frames they'll be hit, otherwise they won't. Nair lasts from frame 3 until frame 30 counting the sweetspot and sourspot.

Base damage should be obvious; it's how much damage a move does. Idk what angle/KBG/BKB etc are.

Basically frame data helps you identify which moves can be punishable and which can't by knowing how much lag they'll get after they do a certain move, and if the hitbox is active during the entire animation or not. It also helps to know what frames characters' aerials come out on; frame 3-4 aerials can break out of combos sometimes, but any later is a bit hard cuz they take longer to come out.

Hydreigon360

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hydreigon360
Smash plays on 60 fps (frames per second). Sheik's nair comes out frame 3 so it means on the 3rd frame in that 60 frame in a second's period, it'll be out.

To put it in perspective, Little Mac and Mega Man have the fastest nairs which come out on frame 2, Luigi, Yoshi, Link, Mario, and a couple others I might be missing have nairs that come out frame 3.

FAF means First Actionable Frame.. basically, the amount of lag you get after doing a move, in frames. You can't act out of Nair after doing it until 50 frames have passed. "Hitbox active" means how long the hitbox will be out for; as in, if an opponent touches the hitbox during those frames they'll be hit, otherwise they won't. Nair lasts from frame 3 until frame 30 counting the sweetspot and sourspot.

Base damage should be obvious; it's how much damage a move does. Idk what angle/KBG/BKB etc are.

Basically frame data helps you identify which moves can be punishable and which can't by knowing how much lag they'll get after they do a certain move, and if the hitbox is active during the entire animation or not. It also helps to know what frames characters' aerials come out on; frame 3-4 aerials can break out of combos sometimes, but any later is a bit hard cuz they take longer to come out.
Thanks

Sean de Lure

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4313-1004-2187
angle should be the angle the move sends you at, not sure where it's based off, probably the center hit
KBG should be knockback growth, which is what scales KB as you accumulate more damage
BKB should be base knockback, which is, well the base knockback. Raptor boost has high base knockback, sheik's fair has low base knockback. Rage should affect moves with higher base knockback much more than moves with low base knockback

Illuminose

Smash Ace
@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer was bored and decided to cross-reference with dantarion's iasa/faf dump

dair faf is 55, not 54
fthrow faf is 40
bthrow faf is 36
uthrow faf is 50
dthrow faf is 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom