• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik's Chaingrab?

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
It still works, but not to the same extent. It's almost exclusively a mix-up/frame trap now. While I can leave the testing of it's legitimacy to the Sheik gods Saviorslegacy and Tristan, it feels harder to do, but still possible.
I was actually messing around with it today at the tourney.
I had good results with this:
dthrow> Uair canceled before the last hit box> fthrow> BF

I think that this might be our most damaging combo at low percents racking up a total of 28%.
That being said, I believe that you can buffer a jumping air dodge and avoid hitting the ground with X# of characters at low percents. With that said, you can punish a jumping air dodge with BF so it is still worth trying to perform this combo.

Boasting Toast

Smash Apprentice
This still works fine after the update, it's just easier to escape as the uair has 4 hits instead of 5 now, and they're spaced apart further, allowing the opponent to fall out if you fastfall before the autolink takes effect.

Cruecial

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cruecial
Is the chain found in this video an accurate representation of it after patch? If so, I'd be happy to spend a few hours practicing this, it's not trivial for me to do however so if this isn't how it's working now, perhaps @ saviorslegacy saviorslegacy or @_Tree could upload a video of the the 0-28% combo?

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
5 times in a row, you can skip the rest of the Video. This just shows about how it could look like, and of course, where the boarders are (and of course I messed it up at the and, and then those empty grabs... wifi lag n stuff, you know that, i could have expandet it a little longer, probably). The Most notable thing is that he was actually able to Jab (or the animation of jab started) but he was facing away from me. That means however, that you could do other stuff as well, most notably spotdodge / roll away, leading to a prediction / techchase game maybe. Or just turnaround jab, if you're fast enough.

Mindles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMindless
3DS FC
5026-5818-5094
5 times in a row, you can skip the rest of the Video. This just shows about how it could look like, and of course, where the boarders are (and of course I messed it up at the and, and then those empty grabs... wifi lag n stuff, you know that, i could have expandet it a little longer, probably). The Most notable thing is that he was actually able to Jab (or the animation of jab started) but he was facing away from me. That means however, that you could do other stuff as well, most notably spotdodge / roll away, leading to a prediction / techchase game maybe. Or just turnaround jab, if you're fast enough.
you make it look so easy haha good work man

Top Bottom