• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
today my brother and me played pichu dittos which he argeed was very fast pace and epic. Then I asked if he wanted to see how painful it was to main pichu I talked him into fighting my sheik on FD.I SDed at like 20% and other than that he only did 60%. I didn't really chain throw much but every move he tryed or when he tryed to DD/wd and just move i'd needle him and crush his approach or him even trying to approach. It was ungodly sick how persice I wasHe wasn't a llow to recover but once. He was just totally *****.

why is because I know pichu and sheik I have a good sheik even if it doesn't chain throw. but if a sheik was aggesive in the match-up and controled everything pichu could do it's be near impossible with pichu being mango good. But It blows my mind how hard he was ***** without any mercy. like his falco where I did b-throw off edge to dair fair him under the stage.

I think it's neat how my sheik is much flashlier, presice at times, and overall very smart. but my pichu has much better mindgames. and I finanlly landed nair to nair in pichu dittos I was soooo happy.

but as solid proof as me myself am I won't quit with pichu I believe I can do great.

i'm ging to encourage my brother to **** as sheik so we both master the match-up. when I see sheik sh i'll wd back into nair on reaction if needed. i'm going pled he does. i'll have to teach him needle caneling like a pro and platform and how amazing sheik's movement is.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I bet I can beat your Sheik with Pichu ^___^

check out my character thingy, yo. its a pichu. pichu 4 lyfe

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I'm pretty cold hearted people don't know this but I don't think pichu is that cute. I feel no pity for that pichu getting ***** like 90& of the time.

I want to play some sheiks bring them on i'll mindrape every last one of you like i'm mango or something.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I play gay with honor. Meaning I don't chain throw but I will movement camp kirby/puff to death for the full 8 minutes BUT if they get a ******** SD i'd kill myself to make it even. also i'm thinking i'm going to to think of a way to movement camp the ice climbers as pichu because I don't see what esle pichu could do. This isn't like fox camp camping where he does have a decent approach and a way to **** nana uber easily this like I can't really do anything.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend

Anyway.

Pichu vs Sheik

U-throw U-smash her at really low percents. It's just the best thing you can possibly do with a grab, it does like 28% and launches her for more stuff. If you can sneak under her when she's coming down you might U-smash her again, or you can go for more guaranteed stuff and Uair or whatever.

It's generally better IMO if she DIs your throw away at medium percents because then you can go for Nair combos with some decent momentum behind you and follow her DI better. If she refuses to DI away at those percents, I guess you should probably look into starting a launch juggle with Uair or Fair --> Uair or something because if you Nair that's probably going to be the end of your combo and having Sheik above you is generally good anyway. If you can combo into Thunder or hit Thunder I think you should probably do it for the free percent. You die in one hit if she's chain grabbing so your percent means remarkably little.

Not sure how you edgeguard her. I used to think you just got up and D-smashed her after like 70 but now I'm not sure. Maybe B-throw at lower percents then grab the edge super fast and get ready to ledgehop Nair on her recovery, then D-smash for a bit, then at like 100 U-smash KO. No clue what you do if she goes for a platform. I guess just try to do some extremely unorthodox combo and do as much damage as possible. Maybe just U-smash her. Who knows.

Bair is sometimes useful in combos in the same way that Fox's weak aerials sometimes combo into other aerials but generally Pichu's weak Nair is more useful than his Bair for combos.

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice
Two things:
1: I like Pichu. He's fun to play. I like Sheik, cause Sheik just ***** the **** out of everything ever. And, I've played Pichu people absurdly better than I am. And, I've played Sheik against people absurdly better than I am. But, never once have I played my Sheik versus someone's Pichu who was also better than I am. (I have done that with my Marth, and it was funny to get ***** by Darc's Pichu like nobody's business.) I like U-Air juggling. If you FF it, and jump quickly, you can keep that going for a while. But, it deals like... no damage. Sad times. The other thing I'd do is D-Throw, and jab reset as fast as Pichu does. Cause, his jab is really fast. Dunno how well that'd work at high levels of play, but it works okay in friendlies. I've jabbed three times, then regrabbed, and it's been fun as hell. Kinda funny. I play a weird, and probably awful, Pichu. Though, I almost took a stock off of Darc's Marth with my Pichu.... almost. Not quite. But, it was also a friendly, so he could have probably done better. ANYWAY NOT MY POINT. My point is, if you're doing Pichu v Sheik, you gotta predict recovery (because, really, that's a unique thing about this matchup /sarcasm), and determine if they're gonna go for ledge, edge, or go higher, leaving them open, but you not in a position to retaliate. Since, as KK pointed out, Sheik's CG just autokills you, you should probably employ nB, for coverage, edge guard, damage, and anything else you can think to use it for. Other than that, follow them around, and realize you've got a really, really, really bad match up. Play defensive, and get really good at putting on Shield pressure. Otherwise you're gonna die extra bad. Mind you, this is my terrible experience with this sorta stuff. But, I tried to be helpful! :D

2: Seriously, while I love this topic, why are we talking about it? You pretty much have to be spot on perfect to beat a good Sheik as a Pichu, don't you? >_> Maybe I'm wrong. But, it seems like you'd do better playing CF against Sheik than Pichu. I mean, I'm not saying you can't do it for fun. You can. But, you're really trying to fight a tornado with like... a kite.

Feel free to tell me to shut up now. :D

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
upair bairs are nice you can sometimes follow up. however my brother is infamous of r jumping out on the 1st frame he can so basically a grab at 0 percent d-throw tech chase won't work he dis straight up and jumps out as fast as possible. I doubt i'll get many up-throw up-smashes however up-tilt would be neat could set-up another grab faster/safer.

edge gaurd is pretty simple b-throw jolts cut off options force sheik to lose sheik's jump or recover in as painful as possible way. they land on platform waveland on grab maybe dair if your not fast enough. Really what i thibnk would be nice is to grab the edge wall jump nair to back to edge because most sheik's are really to slap them when they are on the edge so they are saving that time to slap me.

nair would hit when their 2nd jump would be used and they won't be able to react in time plus pichu's nair walljump has a nice angle. that makes like a half C over the edge. also mix-ups and mindgames most be spammed a lot here because pichu's nair is easily ***** by f-tilt jolt(like full hop and SH 2nd jump Di hard back jolt) mix-ups and strong Di back before landing nair is important bait, plus a d-tilt everynow and then is very nice.

however i'm very gald he doesn't play sheik like how I do. If I see you DDing i'll needle you if i see you about to projectile i'll needle you I like to destroy any hope of approach they had. vs falco I powersheild a lot. sheik CCing really isn't a problem. unless your fairing or something.

up-throw if they Di at all i'll up-smash if not i'll upair combo them. also i'm thinking about trying to add thunder into the mix-up (it beats needles so projectiles would be wasted) maybe I could running Sh 2nd back thunder and make a wall an aggesive player would go for the bait but if they attack i'd get a thunder combo (unless all 4 hits land but upair still outranges sheik's dair) and vs pichu sheik's may be wreakless for grabs. if sheik waits there's a smaller window than you'd think to get that grab(if the thunder didn't hit you).

pity there's no useful frame data about thunder. because it's one of the greatest air counters in the game. if your high in the air and they try to hit you midair jump back thunder even if they don't attack your safer off you fall faster and could combo.

i'm sorry ui like ranting and thinking about new/old ideas I use.

on the chain throw if your like me and always ban YS/FoD sheik should NEVER be able to kill you with a grab sheik will chain throw you roughly up to 65% f-tilt to fair even near an edge pichu should still live and recover fairly well. when I was EVEN worse m2k never once got a full kill on my pichu from a grab and we played like 7 matches pichu vs sheik. He also rarly got the edge gaurd because of all of pichu's mix-ups for recovering. grabs aren't death even if they don't f*** up only if you totally f*** up DI like lived froma f-tilt fair at 100ish% pretty close to the edge. pichu isn't marth easy to kill.

XAQ

Smash Apprentice
pichu has a pretty good running grab, so if you can get close to sheik, you might be able to do dthrow, then some shffl'd uairs

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
nope if sheik knows the match-up she'll jump out uber fast. upthrow upair dair is most likly the best punishment most of the time.

Top Bottom