• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik/Zelda's Transformation Glide.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Turns out the Love Jump technique can be used for the Transformation move too. It can greatly influence your tragectory horizontally or vertically depending on the character.

Here is a simple breakdown:

Sheik:

Sheik moves vertically, about the same height as Zelda's love jump. Depending on how much you control your momentum, the horiztonal movement will increase or decrease accordingly. However, with Sheik, once the transformation is considered complete by the game (when you're still in the light orb) the your momentum is cancelled.

You can achieve a similar effect with Sheik without the tumbling animation. Using the transformation at the beginning of the second jump will give you a large boost too.

Here is a clip of Sheik's Transformation. My sincere aplogies for ****ty quality - the projector bulb broke, so I'm using the old (OLLDDD) tv until it's fixed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzg0rMc7Z6k

I find it most effective to: Jump + Hold Down >> Press B.

Zelda:

Zelda will only ever be able to reach the height of, on average, a shorthop. However, her momentum does not stop. She will continue to glide until Sheik emerges, or she hits the ground. When tested by waiting for Sheik, she can reach the distance of a horizontal Farore's Wind. If you hadn't jumped already before tumbling, Sheik will have her second jump, and Vanish, so this is GREAT for recovering from the side of the screen.

I don't have a video for this, and no recording equiptment right now, but if you do it right, her momentum won't stop.

It works best if you: Hold diagonally down and left/right > Jump > B.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Even though I don't transform, I imagine this'll be helpful when you need to get away from enimies in order to execute the transformation effectively without getting hit.

Not to mention, I think that getting knocked up in the air, and coming back down as Sheik is totally hawt.
Not that I would do it, Sheik is a major eyesore for me.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
lol psh. I fell in love with her in Melee.

(Anyone know how long it takes for videos to process? It's been processing for like an hour. I'll try another site or something)

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Yes, but to counteract the "down" in down-B, jump and then IMMEDIATELY transform, as if it were one move, with two parts.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hahahaha no, jump first, and as soon as you can, downB. Watch the video. See the little air-ripples that signify a jump? Once you see those, transform.

I did it while holding a GC controller normally. Didn't need to position my fingers or anything.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
could be useful... there are other ways to ransform that don't involve getting stuck in the air though (Zelda does hate being above her enemies.)

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
could be useful... there are other ways to ransform that don't involve getting stuck in the air though (Zelda does hate being above her enemies.)
Please enlighten me.

I just wanted to point something out that could be a major help.

Forcing tumbles.

I remember once, in the WiFi room I was fooling around, and the next thing I know, I hit the ground. It was a hit. Like, ones you can "tech" out of. It must have been self induced, since the sandbag wasn't beating me up. I *thought* the only way to hit the floor without being attacked was to break your sheild, but this is NOT what happened.

As far as I know, you must be tumbling to get that "hit-the-floor" animation.

Ergo, if we can force a tumble animation, we can do any of the special jumps at will, without being hit.

Does ANYONE know how this happened? Is this that thing I keep hearing about called air tripping?

Krii

Smash Journeyman
I heard it was a rumor, but it has happened to me as sheik ONE TIME IN MY LIFE i just jumped and oof, there i go in an arial tumble...

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I heard it was a rumor, but it has happened to me as sheik ONE TIME IN MY LIFE i just jumped and oof, there i go in an arial tumble...
There has to be some way to force this.

EVERY time I have ever tripped on the floor, I stood still briefly, and then tapped forwards hard. Upon the first step, the trip happens. If it happened once, there has to be a way to re-do it.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
As a note, I have tried to manipulate Luthien's Ledgewarping technique, but it doesn't do the same for Din, she just keeps falling. Anyway, back to the topic :p

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
There has to be some way to force this.

EVERY time I have ever tripped on the floor, I stood still briefly, and then tapped forwards hard. Upon the first step, the trip happens. If it happened once, there has to be a way to re-do it.
I was in the Wifi room, and I just replicated that, 'cept going backwards. I'm pretty sure that tripping occurs when you smash the control stick hard from a standstill.

Top Bottom