• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Tech Chasing -- When They Don't Tech

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Hmm, so what's it called then?

Anyway, everyone knows tech chasing Fox / Falco is an easy way to rack up damage. Of course, as you start to play better people, they aren't idiots, and stop teching. This leaves them with three things to do:

1. Stand up w/o attacking
2. Use get-up attack
3. Roll away

When they do No. 1, it's combo time. An easy shffled dair to whatever I want -- utilt, usmash, dmash -- because they don't expect it and rarely DI. Even if they DI, there's not a ton they can do.

No. 2 is a little more difficult, because they (obviously) try to time it so you're thrown off. If they succeed, even a little bit, it's too late to do anything; they can shield if you come in to attack or shinie / spot dodge if you run in for a grab.

No. 3 is probably the toughest, because, when mixed in with No. 1 and No. 2, it's like ****. I expect them not to roll, so I'm shffling my dair, and they roll out of the way and I fail. But if I start expecting them to roll, and try to tech chase, they proceed to use the get up attack and catch me.

So, to the regulars like Plairrnk or Drephen, what is the usual counter to this? When they first don't tech, the dair almost always works, but after that it is a lot trickier.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Hmm, so what's it called then?

Anyway, everyone knows tech chasing Fox / Falco is an easy way to rack up damage. Of course, as you start to play better people, they aren't idiots, and stop teching. This leaves them with three things to do:

1. Stand up w/o attacking
2. Use get-up attack
3. Roll away

When they do No. 1, it's combo time. An easy shffled dair to whatever I want -- utilt, usmash, dmash -- because they don't expect it and rarely DI. Even if they DI, there's not a ton they can do.

No. 2 is a little more difficult, because they (obviously) try to time it so you're thrown off. If they succeed, even a little bit, it's too late to do anything; they can shield if you come in to attack or shinie / spot dodge if you run in for a grab.

No. 3 is probably the toughest, because, when mixed in with No. 1 and No. 2, it's like ****. I expect them not to roll, so I'm shffling my dair, and they roll out of the way and I fail. But if I start expecting them to roll, and try to tech chase, they proceed to use the get up attack and catch me.

So, to the regulars like Plairrnk or Drephen, what is the usual counter to this? When they first don't tech, the dair almost always works, but after that it is a lot trickier.

i just down smash them in their face immediately after the down throw.

that'll get them teching.

lol

soap

Smash Hero
i like using upsmash if i am pretty sure they wont tech because it comboes into fairs, but you have to start it early cuz its slow, dsmash you can wait and do it as soon as they dont tech so its a safer bet

Banksya

Smash Ace
if they don't tech then downsmash. that's it really, no matter what they do if you are quick and they don't tech you can hit them with the downsmash.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
****, I thought there was a consistent way to still get in a grab or really make them pay with a little combo, but I was just failing. dmsash seems like so little to settle for, but whatever. Works for me.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
While practicing my Sheik against my crewmate's Fox, I was working on techchasing dthrows with upsmashes. I used upsmash once while the Fox was using his get up attack and my attack managed to get through. I think I'm goin' to try to find out the right spacing for this...

EDIT: Hmm checked frame data for the move and it says that the arms are invincible during the hit frames... so I guess the get up move simply went through my hand.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Well, I just mix it when they don't tech between dsmashing or shielding (where if you get hit from their get up attack you can still sheild grab). If they roll I've been trying to get wd outta sheild>run and maybe wait. I don't know... I'm still working on this. Dsmash is easiest.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
ok, if they tech, you run and grab again, or get your hit, or w/e

if they dont tech its jst as easy - stand there with your shield <lightshield is good to hold it longer> until they decide to getup.

they will either do a getup attack <shieldgrab> a regular getup <shieldgrab> or roll away <WD towards and grab or free hit>

the hardest is if they tech in place <because this leaves them with alot less lag> - so you have to time a dash attack or a grab, but waiting, and not going with shield <which is hard, because if you dont go with shield they can just then getup attack and hit you, unless you have reactions to WD back and grab again, or wd forward, dash and DAGC grab>

Top Bottom