• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik: Male or Female? YOUR thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I couldn't post in the debate hall sadly, so I guess I will bring it here. I would much rather save this for serious discussion, but alas, I hope we can all be mature about this.

Well, here are my thoughts:

Zelda = Girl.
Sheik = Zelda in Disguise as a boy/so.... STILL a girl.

Why is that so hard for people to grasp?

Sheik is simply Zelda in disguise. She did not physically turn into a male... She hid her hair, made just her BANGS show up. Simple. As for her body? Body armor is my guess. Flattened her chest, wore a large breastplate shaped like a mans. And anyway, Zelda is already flat chested, so its not hard to flatten that... And women can have man figures if you haven't noticed. They can have tight abs and pecs and so forth. I have an ex-roommate who could be a perfect example if I could call her up and ask her to pose in front of the camera in her underwear.... >.>

I don't imagine Nintendo wanted to give the impression that she was physically transforming. Artists just over exaggerated on her art. I'm an artist, if I did, that is what I would do. It is still Zelda through and through.

Here is my Mulan analogy: It's the same exact thing.... if she fooled a bunch of guys at a war camp, so can Zelda. Zelda/Sheik only has to fool Ganondorf and Link, her job is a lot easier. Mulan changed her voice, (not hard to do) cut her hair (which is an extreme, but Zelda just pulled her bangs out is my guess - heck, I can pull that off) I'm a girl, btw.

Plus, Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom. Magic. We all know the powers of the Triforce can do, so maybe magic helped. We didn't want her to wait around to change her clothes obviously... And I seriously don't think it made her a literal male, it just helped change her appearance a bit. If you undressed Sheik now I am sure you'd find she's a female.

Also if you remember in the beginning of OOT, she had a maiden protecting her, and I'm not sure but I think she was dressed up the same as Sheik would be. She was female.

So, those are my thoughts. :)

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
No matter how many physical alterations you undertake you are what your genes wrote. Zelda just used her magic to elude dark forces. Ganon often (maybe not often) notes that her disguise would not work for long, since he would be looking for a female. You're talking about Impa, she was her personal teacher and i think those clothes might be traditional garbs.

GOTM

Smash Champion
is this really a serious question?

i think everyone knows the real answer but a lot of people like to joke around, thats all

mathos

Smash Champion
Sheik is just a persona, and personas may become whatever the person chooses. I believe Sheik to be male, regardless that Zelda is actually female.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
My manual for smash says hat Sheik is a "she". But it also says that Kirby is a bat. So I choose to not belive in it. Sheik's a male!

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
Sheik is a dude. If you understood Japanese culture, you'd see many instances of cross-gender magical weirdness.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
No ranma and a half here. She was born a female and she has a female spirit this would explain for the incarnations. Some people know martial arts, Zelda's case is that her fighting style is Sheik.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
wha? this thread sounds too serious to be fake. This isn't worthy of the debate hall. Zelda is zelda, that's it. Sheik is a disguise. Have you played OOT?

NFR

Smash Rookie
shiek is a girl... its zelda dressed as a guy.

play OoT :D its a pretty badass game.. lullz

anyways, sugarpoultry is correct.

Puffs

Smash Ace
Sheik is a crossdressing female. So she's a she, but supposed to be a he.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Who knows?

Who cares?

There's nothing in the Zelda universe to suggest that Zelda couldn't have magically transformed herself into a male, but there's also nothing to suggest that she did.

It's a senseless argument about a stupid and unimportant topic with no real evidence to back up either side.

And, no, it definitely doesn't belong in the Debate Hall. The Debate Hall is for debates about issues that matter, at least in some small way. Sheik's gender is not something that matters.

CartooN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CartoooN
The ultimate bi fantasy?

TBH, I think shes still girl, just her features are...more hidden.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Sheik is Zelda. Zelda is female. Therefore, Sheik is female. What is that law called again? The transitive law?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
In the official, Nintendo-published manga I read for OoT, Zelda said she used her magic to turn herself into a man to avoid being detected by Gannon.

But it doesn't state about biology, so we just may never know.

It still will be taken advantage of in pr0n, I guarantee you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom