• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik is wolf's counter, what are you guy having trouble with? --combo inside

ADHD

Smash Hero
Seriously you guys, wolf's moves are all so predictable and straight-forward. This is deadly for you if you are against a good sheik. Don't try to say that I was against an awful wolf, he as GOOD and I still came out on top. My best advice is use this combo when you get the chance, and get the needle angle down (needles are so useful against marth and wolf/others who like to use their physical strength against you).

This combo can be used against all heavy characters--there is no way to get out until you have high percent and you can DI, and if he is trying to DI you have a second plan :)

Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt (when the opponent has high percent damage or is beginning to DI) USMASH!

In order to do this though, sheik's... ahem love tool must be touching wolf's love tool or your opponent can break out of it easily.

If you are advanced and your opponent has 0% I was able to pull this off a few times:

Grab, one grab smack or whatever its term is, down throw, over the time of 1 second spur a dash dance, Uair, when the opponent falls down Utilt, then Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt Ftilt (when the opponent has high percent damage or is beginning to DI) USMASH!

Your opponent can get out of the grab thing easily the second or third time since he or she knows what you're up to again, but the first is unpredictable.

Justice7541

Smash Apprentice
No ****, Einstein.

If you're going to talk about Wolf vs. Sheik, how about actually discussing ways to counter Wolf's moves rather than just saying "OMG LIEK CHOMBOZ HIM"?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You think too highly of yourself. >_>

Vids or I can't believe you.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Wait. You (Chrome Pirate) were the guy on the Ike boards who was saying "If you suck, stop playing with Ike" or something to that effect. I'm not going to address the issues I have with that statement (the Ike users on the board did a good enough job of that). I bring it up, because this is ANOTHER pointless thread you started.

Srsly... if you don't have anything constructive to say or contribute, stop. Really. Its accomplishing nothing except for making it harder and harder to find actual useful threads. 111 posts, and I bet that over 80 of them are like the topics I mentioned. /endflame?

A more appropriate way to have gone about this thread is to offer actual maneuvers, key weaknesses of Wolf that could be exploited by Sheik, stage counterpicks, etc. etc. Not copy pasting F-tilt 8665 times and adding U-smash.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Wait. You (Chrome Pirate) were the guy on the Ike boards who was saying "If you suck, stop playing with Ike" or something to that effect. I'm not going to address the issues I have with that statement (the Ike users on the board did a good enough job of that). I bring it up, because this is ANOTHER pointless thread you started.

Srsly... if you don't have anything constructive to say or contribute, stop. Really. Its accomplishing nothing except for making it harder and harder to find actual useful threads. 111 posts, and I bet that over 80 of them are like the topics I mentioned. /endflame?

A more appropriate way to have gone about this thread is to offer actual maneuvers, key weaknesses of Wolf that could be exploited by Sheik, stage counterpicks, etc. etc. Not copy pasting F-tilt 8665 times and adding U-smash.
This wasn't met to be hurtful, sorry. Anyway,

I went over my friends house today and recorded a video, when I put it on youtube it kept saying the video failed, why is this?

DanP828

Smash Rookie
Hes telling the truth, I was vs'ing him when he figured it out...
But right before sheik up-smashes you can sheild-roll out of it
But the technique only works if your right at the middle of the punches

DanP828

Smash Rookie
Chromepirate and i got a good battle recorded but we couldnt get it on youtube it started to upload but said it failed or went to one of those"site not found" pages.
I'll post it if I can get the video on youtube.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Ftilt > Usmash is a combo. So is Ftilt > Ftilt, up until a certain point. So is Ftilt > Utilt, if you can't manage the Usmash. Ftilt > Nair/Bair/Fair/Uair works too. Along with Ftilt > Grab and Ftilt > Jab.

I fail to see how any of this is special, though. We all know that Sheik's Ftilt combos into practically anything, and it works best against heavy characters.

Captain Moose

Smash Rookie
In order to do this though, sheik's... ahem love tool must be touching wolf's love tool or your opponent can break out of it easily.
Haha...Love tool.

Still I find needles to be incredibly helpful against Wolf, Falco, Fox. It breaks almost all their moves.

Justice7541

Smash Apprentice
Haha...Love tool.

Still I find needles to be incredibly helpful against Wolf, Falco, Fox. It breaks almost all their moves.
A fully-charged needle set beats just about everything, since there's typically enough of them to make it past any clashing moves and they'll cancel each other out even if reflected (one might bounce back and hit you, since there's an odd number of them now). It also forces them to get out of the way or shield, ensuring that at the very least you won't get counterattacked even if your follow-up attack fails.

I'm actually liking Needle Storm quite a bit now. I still have trouble using it well in the air, though, so I use it mostly to stuff any edgeguard attempts.

ADHD

Smash Hero
A fully-charged needle set beats just about everything, since there's typically enough of them to make it past any clashing moves and they'll cancel each other out even if reflected (one might bounce back and hit you, since there's an odd number of them now). It also forces them to get out of the way or shield, ensuring that at the very least you won't get counterattacked even if your follow-up attack fails.

I'm actually liking Needle Storm quite a bit now. I still have trouble using it well in the air, though, so I use it mostly to stuff any edgeguard attempts.
I have a video up now, I just shoot needles randomly when my brain sees the angle, and sometimes I just shoot them for no reason LOL

Justice7541

Smash Apprentice
Um, regarding your video, I can safely say that you clearly have no idea what you're talking about, especially if that's the limit of your experience against Wolf.

he as GOOD and I still came out on top
Plus, this line.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Needles don't affect each other. They're actually really unique in that they don't interact with other hitboxen at all, so they go right through any kind of normal attack or projectile, though they get stopped by Pikmin and Waddles because they count as entities instead of true projectiles.

dr0go

Smash Apprentice
this works well but if you are against a good person you will only get todo ftilt like 3 times before having to do an usmash.but it still works

-Mars-

Smash Hero
If your playing a character with a counter(Peach, Marth, Ike), you can only do this about 2 times before they can counter so you have to predict when they are going to and then charge your up smash until the counter gone, this works a couple times until they catch on, and then you can go back to just f-tilting. its really one big mindgame. Against characters without a counter imo they are really easy to defeat just using the ftilt. Does anyone on here use the uptilt as much as I do? I use it after f-tilting about 3 times. I primarily do that to prevent damage loss because of me spamming my ftilt

Top Bottom