• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik in 1.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinRamen

Smash Cadet
NNID
KoRShin
It might mean that even badly spaced fairs would we unpunishable if we buffer jab. But same (worse) with ZSS landing up air to (frame one) jab, or falcon. 9B was saying Ryu is absolutely ridiculous. idk what to think yet, it seems a lot will be discovered.

EDIT:

So many things that previously functioned as OoS punishes don't work anymore... Needle camping might be even better now because people just won't approach...

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I was expecting that Needle nerf.
To be honest, I think we don't get a needle nerf is a really bad sign for the future (if we don't be punished in this patch, I feel we will be hard nerfed after this...) :sadeyes:
Not likely.

Last I heard, there aren't many good Sheiks in Japan, but there were some good Diddys which is why people speculate that Diddy was nerfed at all (and I believe there was at least one good Weegee, hint hint...).

It seems like Sakurai only pays attention to his native tournament scene, which makes me want to punch kittens.

I think we're lucky he bothered to have the game translated into other languages... :p Seriously, Nintendo can be so Japan-centric sometimes that I bet they occasionally wonder where all this f***ing money is coming from...

Last edited:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
So it seems that this patch was mostly intended for custom moves balancing. This is good for the custom scene. Hopefully if they keep balancing customs we will see more support for their use.
Has there been complete confirmation that nothing of Shiek's has been changed? Not even her customs? If so, should this thread even remain open? I can only see it leading to pointless posts.

Looks like there will be many more months with Sheiks winning 95% of tournaments and Sheiks coming to later matches 99% of the tournaments.
Please don't harass sheik players in their own boards -_-

I play a character thats noy top tier so lets go COMPLAIN ABOUT TOP TIERS!!
Please ignore trolls, you're just filling the thread with more pointless posts.

Last edited:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Oh according to the data dump, Penetrating Needles have less shield damage, likely as part of the global nerf to anything that had elevated shield damage due to the new shieldstun mechanics.

Euklyd

Smash Rookie
NNID
euklyd
Has there been complete confirmation that nothing of Shiek's has been changed? Not even her customs? If so, should this thread even remain open? I can only see it leading to pointless posts.
I could see this thread being useful for discussing what the changes to shieldstun mean for us. Since that's a pretty big engine change.

leesinger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yolo-swag420T.T
Anyone find out how shield stun has affected sheik? Perfectly spaced fairs are liklier even safer on shields then before no? How do needles interact with new shield mechanics, bouncing fish, etc.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I feel like were villains

and i love it
Also, to any Sheik haters, I have to point out the above. Most Sheik mains know Sheik is pretty strong right now and readily admit it, and the BEST thing they can do is abuse the piss out of Sheik. More Sheik coverage/gameplay = the more likely Sakurai is to finally take notice. Hate the game, not the player. :)

Hell, every time we come up against a Sheik in FG, we should all just jump off the stage twice. Either the data will infer that Sheik 2 stocked you without so much as a scratch or that people are seeing Sheiks and immediately just conceding the game. ;)

I think Diddy is proof that they can balance fairly. He's in a great place right now. He's very good, but I don't think many would call him overpowered (especially if you master z-drop aerials and keep his banana away from him for long periods of time).

Last edited:

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
Anyone find out how shield stun has affected sheik? Perfectly spaced fairs are liklier even safer on shields then before no? How do needles interact with new shield mechanics, bouncing fish, etc.
The spacing that sheik would be punish by throwing needles on shield has been lowered a lot

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Hell, every time we come up against a Sheik in FG, we should all just jump off the stage twice. Either the data will infer that Sheik 2 stocked you without so much as a scratch or that people are seeing Sheiks and immediately just conceding the game. ;)
All that is gonna do is make you look like a coward for giving up without even trying and make Sakurai laugh at you as he presses the ban button for SD'ing too much....

Powerman293

Smash Ace
So did needles just get a super huge buff because of Sheild stun, because if so, then damn it. As someone who plays Sheik out of hate for her being top tier and is slowly learning to love her tools, needles has stupid amount of range. Ridiculously stupid. And now that shield stun is a thing, Sheik can just easily punish from across the stage if the opponent shields.

Last edited:

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
So did needles just get a super huge buff because of Sheild stun, because if so, then damn it. As someone who plays Sheik out of hate for her being top tier and is slowly learning to love her tools, needles has stupid amount of range. Ridiculously stupid. And now that shield stun is a thing, Sheik can just easily punish from across the stage if the opponent shields.
No she can't. Needle Storm has too much end lag.

Last edited:

smashPony

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyfloyd
*Sheik can easily punish from across the stage if the opponent shields.

Are you aware of how ridiculous this sounds? Even if Sheik was faster than Sonic this still wouldnt work. Smh.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Range of needles is still so stupid though. Why is it that it can cover over 50% of the stage? It's really dumb.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
I think these threads should be called 'Sheik patch changes' for the first half of their lifespan, then changed to 'Sheik complaint circlejerk' for the latter half.

This thread has run it's course. See you guys next patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom