• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik...he or she

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheik_be_male

Smash Cadet
I'm hell bent on Sheik being a man I mean come on look at him. Do you see any **** on him...HMMM??? No you don't you can see that in my sig...So tell me what you think?

Cinder

Smash Master
Please, dear God, tell me this is a joke ~__~...the way I see it, unless Zelda gets a sex-change in her transformation, Sheik's a woman...but she'll always be called the he/she/it/potato...

But seriously...if you wanna look like an idiot and disgrace your fellow 08'ers, couldn't you have at LEAST done it in the appropriate forum? *sigh*

ice-

Smash Journeyman
if i remember correctly, I recall gimpy saying he would ban the next person to call shiek a he......gimpy where are you at :)

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
Sheik is a female. And there's nothing cooler than a female ninja-esk character that's ready to puncture somebody's heart with big friggin needles and strangle them and crush their windpipe with a thin metal chain.

......but seriously the OP should be pile drived Zangief style.

Sheik_be_male

Smash Cadet
Please, dear God, tell me this is a joke ~__~...the way I see it, unless Zelda gets a sex-change in her transformation, Sheik's a woman...but she'll always be called the he/she/it/potato...

But seriously...if you wanna look like an idiot and disgrace your fellow 08'ers, couldn't you have at LEAST done it in the appropriate forum? *sigh*
I'm sorry

I will now an hero to make this better

Zodiac

Smash Master

In fact.. as far as the ocarina of time manga is concerned she does do a sex change. Impa turns her into a boy for those seven years.

In the game she is a women through and through. So I sheik in melee IS A WOMAN, end of story. Sheik a woman, she always has been she always will be.

Grunt

Smash Master
When the creator of Zelda recognized Sheik as a woman, it's pretty obvious.
LOL Seriously if you play the game you realize shiek is a girl.
when i first played OoT I thought "Wow, he's really short and quite curvy to be a guy...I bet it's Zelda."

CaptHappyFace

Smash Apprentice
To me it's like "It's a game, so who gives a cr@p, just play it and call it whatever you want" People will always have their opinions and thats that. Put it this way "What do YOU want sheik to be?"

.....but if I had to state my opinion I'd say he/she/it/potato is leaning more on the feminine side... >.>

Zodiac

Smash Master
to Me It's Like "it's A Game, So Who Gives A Cr@p, Just Play It And Call It Whatever You Want" People Will Always Have Their Opinions And Thats That. Put It This Way "what Do You Want Sheik To Be?"

.....but If I Had To State My Opinion I'd Say He/she/it/potato Is Leaning More On The Feminine Side... >.>
Woman!!!!!!!!woman!!!!!!

Shiek Ownz

Smash Rookie
ok I will make this short and sweet...

Sheik is a FEMALE trying to look like a guy.

have a nice day :D

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
It's the word of a manga that's basically glorified fanfiction that happened to have been sponsored by Nintendo at the time...and the now decade long lingering disbelief over the shock in OoT by certain fans, vs. the character being directly referred to as "she" for three games now and official websites, not to mention her appearance in Brawl being a little more feminine than before (and even Melee's seemed to be trying to raise the femininity of the character a bit from her original appearance.). They haven't exactly left any room for speculation or ambiguity.

It's a chick. Let it go.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
Zelda is a girl, so because Shiek is an alternate form of Zelda, Sheik being female makes the most sense. However, she is called a "Young man" at some point in Ocarina of Time, and Sheik does have male traits.

So can I just say that she's a transexual and say that everybody wins?

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
You know back then I always wondered why so many people seemed to find a woman pretending to be a man, and thus people thinking her a man, was so hard to believe.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
Oh great..Another 1998 debate.
There we go again. Alright, Sheik is Zelda herself and with Zelda clearly being a female that ALSO makes Sheik a female. Following up to this point? No? Yes?

However Sheik is a MALE magic TRANSFORMATION to evade Ganondorf during the events of Ocarina of Time.

Let's make it a bit more simple for those that feel the need to debate with no facts just out of stubborness.

Imagine its Halloween and I dress up as a girl! In fact I dress up in such a way that NO ONE can tell I'm a guy. Does that make me a girl?
In the same manner is the case of Zelda and Sheik. Only a great deal of magic is involved as well.

Egret

Smash Journeyman
If you look at your own diagram you can see on the right side that there are cloth strips wrapped around the chest under the layer with the insignia, which makes sense considering she was trying to appear to be a man.

However she is able to change the color of her eyes and skin.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Sheik is a woman Sheik is a woman Sheik is a woman Sheik is a woman Sheik is a woman

Must I make myself even more clear?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
She's a girl.

Want 'zomg boobs'? Here.

also, read the trophy descriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom