• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Dair

Squidster

Smash Ace
Full hop.

Dair off the side of the edge.

Double jump.

Up b -> ledge.

Just thought i'd post it... haven't seen it anywhere and its situationally useful.
The Dair hit itself is crappy but it can be useful to get to your opponent quickly and double jumping into an areal.

If anything its kind of fun

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Only problem is that if you miss, because of Aim, timing or simply because Air dodging is easy as **** to do in brawl your prolly gonna die.

Being footstool'd, or hit after missing is a very real problem. Is it worth it?

Villi

Smash Lord
It's not that much, if at all, faster than Sheik's fastfall. Options with much more control (any other aerial) are much better options.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Only problem is that if you miss, because of Aim, timing or simply because Air dodging is easy as **** to do in brawl your prolly gonna die.
Does that mean the d-air can't be canceled if you don't hit with it? Wait I'm new to shiek so when exactly can you cancel the d-air so you don't fall to your death?

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Sheik's dair isn't suicidal. It just goes a bit-err... quite a distance longer than Falcon Kick. I already knew you could survive it, but since Sheik's dair doesn't spike, I saw no use for it. It may have uses for stage-spiking, but I doubt anybody would be stupid enough to DI into the stage....

....................!

I'm going to go try this out now.

Fake EDIT: You can also fair out of your double jump, it may be nice for a mindgame at best.

Squidster

Smash Ace
Does that mean the d-air can't be canceled if you don't hit with it? Wait I'm new to shiek so when exactly can you cancel the d-air so you don't fall to your death?

You can't cancel it, it just doesn't last foreever.

If you do a full jump at the edge then Dair, it will end and you'll have enough time to double jump (with an areal at the same time, potentially hitting / killing your opponent,) then chain or vanish onto the stage for the recovery.

You could always hit with vanish too which is always fun...

As above poster said, mostly a mindgame, its kind of fun to do.

Top Bottom