• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHBAWD self-training

Kou1030

Smash Cadet
Sup docs. Im thinking my tech game needs some improvement, so I have alot of the pill tricks down, (fj pill-dj pill, etc.) so I think my doc could use some improvement in mobility and speed. After a few minutes of training, I found I could rarely do shbawd, let alone shbadjba (short hop back air double jump back air), which basically means executing the bair fast enough. Is there a faster way than Y to jump and analog + A to bair? do you guys think the cstick works better in this case, or am i just slow on inputting the commands? what methods do you guys find to work best?

Gea

Smash Master
Whatever feels more comfy to you. I use A for all my aerials and have no trouble really, especially not with Sh bair dj bairing. If you want to speed up your game... focus more on wavelanding than "SHBAWD" chaining. I know this IS wavelanding, but I mean in general. Perfect wavelands make doc quite a bit quicker.

Roman.

Smash Champion
The c-stick is a little weird and it was for me but once I forced myself to get used to it, I noticed my aerials got much faster. For the shbadjba I use A for both for it's right next to X and Y.

Yomi

Smash Cadet
I think Y or X to A is probably the best bet. If you are really having trouble, you could use Z for the Bair. That way you won't have to worry about moving your thumb. My personal favorite wavelanding trick with Doc is the Full Jump Pill to waveland. Or FJPill-DJPill-Waveland.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
If you have FJ-Pill-Waveland down, the timing is pretty much the same. Just practice it for about 10-15 minutes and it should be fairly easy to perform. You have to b-air before you reach the peak of your jump, so to practice do that and see if you can just air dodge afterwards (which would mean you did it fast enough). Once you can consistantly get the airdodge in you should easily be able to change that to a waveland or double jump.

I also find that A + analog stick is easier because the c-stick is further away.

Top Bottom