• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Share you favorite Smash 64 memory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Smash 64. This was the game that started up my love for gaming and fighting games in general. My favorite memory of this game was when I was in middle school and the game came out, every day after school my brother and I would literarly run home from school. I used to have all my friends come over and play matches. It was like an event, we would all take turns playing and get so hyped playing. It was quite the experience that only smash brothers can provide.

What is your favorite smash 64 memory or memories?!

I also started a new series where I go through games and give it a challenge or challenges that make it harder cause I love a challenge after all. Check it out!

Last edited:

Sangoku

Smash Master
My favorite memory is probably when I first learned about competitive play and started trying to combo, z-cancel, etc. And playing online.

Or when I was a noob child and played teams against CPUs with 99 stocks on 50%.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i think i've had more memories in casual play than competitive

one of which involved me playing luigi and coming off a respawn plat on hyrule, only to see all three of my friends get sucked into a tornado, whereupon i just jumped up and upb'd

or when someone shielded a charge shot so that it bounced off and caught someone else on a platform above them

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
My favorite memory is probably when I first learned about competitive play and started trying to combo, z-cancel, etc. And playing online.

Or when I was a noob child and played teams against CPUs with 99 stocks on 50%.
or playing with 4 people 99 stock matches...ahh good times. That took major snack preparing.

caneut

Smash Ace
Me and my brother playing forts on hyrule. Each get a side that you cannot cross, items on very high, no gay items.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Me and my brother playing forts on hyrule. Each get a side that you cannot cross, items on very high, no gay items.
yo! me and my bro did the same thing, but we called it sides and used bomb items and pokeballs. If you crossed your side, your opponent was allowed one hit. haha

Last edited:

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Finding online play back in May 2005 and realizing that I was just terrible at the game.

My favorite game turned out to be 20 times deeper than I ever imagined. That's like winning the lottery.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Playing ssb64 for the first time ever on an emulator then finding out you could play it online with other people, ssb64 on kaillera was the first online game I ever played.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
jigglypuff dair usmash in summer '00, my brother broke a controller over that

15 stock no items

putting the gc controller down on melee launch after 10mins to plug in 64

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
The smashfest thingy after/during Apex 2013 at night with boom jaime banze and those other cool kids.

WHEN I FALCON PUNCHED RUOKA

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
All these real life stories and I've never played smash with anyone in person.

The Star King

Smash Hero
In early 2009, playing teams until like 4 AM on many nights with like YBOMBB, wotg, Requiem, various others

Godly 2009 Summer in general, much smash with many cool people online. I played for hours on end most days. server smash the way it used to be

Getting 5 stocked repeatedly by the great MATTS! as one of my first opponents

making Battlecow rage

not even playing, just chatting with online HOMIES about random **** until like 7 AM

I look back on my insomniac habits fondly, apparently. I remember this one specific time in 2009 March for some reason where I had a ginormous Civics project due and I didn't even start, but instead of working on it I played Falcon dittos on Peach's castle all night with [insert] (his actual name was [insert]) under the alt "Puffles", went to school sleepless and projectless. Luckily the teacher drew straws for presenting and I didn't go, totally worth.

Speaking of which, I should go to sleep.

Last edited:

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
Somehow manageing to killing 3 people at once with a rest in a free for all. Its nothing really major but I've had alot of fun with this game as a (younger) child.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
In early 2009, playing teams until like 4 AM on many nights with like YBOMBB, wotg, Requiem, various others

Godly 2009 Summer in general, much smash with many cool people online. I played for hours on end most days. server smash the way it used to be

Getting 5 stocked repeatedly by the great MATTS! as one of my first opponents

making Battlecow rage

not even playing, just chatting with online HOMIES about random **** until like 7 AM

I look back on my insomniac habits fondly, apparently. I remember this one specific time in 2009 March for some reason where I had a ginormous Civics project due and I didn't even start, but instead of working on it I played Falcon dittos on Peach's castle all night with [insert] (his actual name was [insert]) under the alt "Puffles", went to school sleepless and projectless. Luckily the teacher drew straws for presenting and I didn't go, totally worth.

Speaking of which, I should go to sleep.
I get so nostalgic when I think about spring/summer of 2009, everything was so new to me and exciting. I can definitely relate to staying up all night just chatting and getting 5 stocked by MATTS!.

Sedda

Smash Champion
playing link in smash when I was younger was such a joy. I was a big Zelda fanboy and I couldn't believe that Link and Fox were in the same game

being able to play online with people across the country still blows my mind. best memory of competitive smash was playing my first opponent (don't remember who it was) and they gave me a bunch of pointers. super welcoming, but i probably got lucky lol

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
watching my first isai video before i knew about competitive smash. thats when i knew i wanted to get good at this game.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
(02:30:23AM) <Server> P1 Delay = 2 (2 frame delay)
(02:30:23AM) <Server> P2 Delay = 4 (4 frame delay)
(02:39:32AM) <Odin> oh my god please run away some more
(02:39:39AM) <Odin> and focus on spacing all the time
(02:39:40AM) <Odin> f****t
(02:39:43AM) * Dropped: Odin (Player 2)
(02:39:47AM) * Parts: Odin

Guess my samus managed to piss off some ness main

Last edited:

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
I've mentioned this numerous times, but I laugh every time I think about it...

When Fireblaster and Stranded were playing friendlies at Karajan's house at 3-4am. I looked over, Stranded was playing very seriously, and Fire was heavily intoxicated, half-asleep, laying down on the ground, and he was still 3-4 stocking Stranded every single time. It was one of the most dominant performances I've ever seen.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Here is part 2 of my quest to defeat the single player mode on very hard, with no continues, 1 stock! ENJOY!
THE POLYGON TEAM AND METAL MARIO ARE SO OP!

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I forgot this memory: Getting teleport rested by Nephiros' jigglypuff and ragequitting.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
-First time playing online 64, FIRST MATCH EVER, I played Johnny and broke my controller in rage because I couldn't escape anythin, he inspired me to git gud and whoop asses and take names (and alts)

-Saying "black people!" completely without previous context at all and watching Gav start a "racist ass cracker" buttstorm because of it.:troll:

-Watching day after day Boom spamming chat for P2P!?!?!?

-Coming back after 2 years of retirement and seeing how good some of you got.

-Every time I saw Fireblaster getting mad in a kaillera argument with some idiot.

-This one time I fought a really high level pikachu and barely won a best of 5 set with them while some scrub I was training to get better watched. No idea who it was but they were definitely a Pika main and they clearly had a very high level of skill (comparing this to the players I know are good now for comparisons sake). I dont think I could repeat that win with my current skill but damn that was a fun set, I think I was at my best during those games. Wish I remembered their name, even if it was another alt you **** use to hide yourselves.

-Also Fox dittos before LD'ing became a thing.

Last edited:

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
-First time playing online 64, FIRST MATCH EVER, I played Johnny and broke my controller in rage because I couldn't escape anythin, he inspired me to git gud and whoop ***** and take names (and alts)

-Saying "black people!" completely without previous context at all and watching Gav start a "racist *** cracker" buttstorm because of it.:troll:
that never even happened, idk why u keep saying that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom