• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Share you favorite Smash 64 memory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hmm... favorite memory? How about memories?

1. Fighting Master Hand for the first time.

2. Learning to use the Homerun Bat

3. Laughing with my cousins at the pause screen.

4. Unlocking Ness, and saying 'who in the world is this??'.

Synth177

Smash Rookie
I have a couple that take place over a decade ago. The first day I got the game when I was in second grade I played a match against my brother. I was Kirby and he was Samus at Brinstar. I was at 0 percentage and he was pretty high up but I took a heart container even though he was screaming at me not too. He rage quit the game and hardly played it since. The other one was when I finally unlocked Ness. I couldn't do it until I switched from red kirby to blue kirby. Since then blue kirby has been my main across all smash bros games.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Hard to pick one...

first time i played the game (1999) i beat it fast, like unlock falcon fast, and made some sort of celebratory noise. My mom, who had just dropped $50 (i think?) on the game was like "already?!" upset at how quickly her money was burned through. Don't worry mom, I got my money's worth lol.

Apex 2012 was just awesome in general, the crew of me, jimmyjoe, boom, jaime, randomBrawlNoob, Knitephox and I'm sure I'm forgetting 1 or 2 people was amazing. Then it snowed and I used it as an excuse to stay for a few extra days :) I probably had the most fun at this apex out of any of them even though the other ones had a lot more players. It was the first tourney for me so literally everything was new and exciting. Plus I sucked even more **** back then at the game than I do now to start, so I learned tons and went from low C tier to being able to take some games off of Jaime.

Apex 2012 first time I played sensei on console (first day, I was still low c tier), beat his fox. He was pissed lol. so he went falcon and wooped me.

apex 2012 playing isai on FD on console courtesy knitephox for a bit, until isai said 'this stage sucks'. knitephox was not happy lol

Apex 2013 was playing boom in hyrule friendlies, he was kirby, I was pikachu. On the long middle platform he utilted and I usmashed and we clanked from a quarter of the platform away. Maybe the funniest in game moment I've ever had.

Meeting all the international people is a really cool experience. I like talking with the japanese even though its mostly gestures and smash terms, its fun lol.

smashing with the mexican/brazilian crew at apex 2014 and learning tacos jab technology counter banze counter

too many more to count...

-Dubs

Smash Cadet
My favorite memory playing 64 was when I 0-death'd my friend with Fox :'D.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
first tournament I hosted, which was in april

Toronto hadn't had an offline tournament in 2 years, and our tournaments back then were mostly side events for brawl and melee, the tournament i hosted was solo 64, had 27 people and everyone was really nice and took the time to thank me for running it, it was also crazy hype with old and new faces coming out. everyone loved it and it just felt awesome to know that i could make it happen

had a similar experience yesterday, i hope this renaissance continues

D

Deleted member

when i finally beat master hand as a child.

Last edited by a moderator:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
One of my favorite memories of Smash 64 (I have a Japanese version of the game BTW) was being able to beat 1P while playing upside-down without any continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom