• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
"I'm an early bird and I'm a night owl so I'm wise and I have worms"
“snort” it doesn’t help that my headcanon voice for Holly is Hydrabell from Blood Lad’s dub, so I totally read that line with Kira Buckland’s voice which made it funnier to me for some reason.

And I’ve heard that voice in everything I’ve seen you post so far. Help me.

Last edited:

Grimacebsx

Smash Apprentice
“snort” it doesn’t help that my headcanon voice for Holly is Hydrabell from Blood Lad’s dub, so I totally read that line with Kira Buckland’s voice which made it funnier to me for some reason.

And I’ve heard that voice in everything I’ve seen you post so far. Help me.
(Snort) Lol! I can definitely see that they both have that super haughty tone! I try to throw in that snotty sass every now and than.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
You guys seem... surprisingly chill about this banner leak. Are we all almost in agreement that this is fake as ****?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
You guys seem... surprisingly chill about this banner leak. Are we all almost in agreement that this is fake as ****?
I went from 100% fake in the first hours after it dropped to undecided before going to bed last night to leaning fake a few hours ago. Outside of the various inconsistencies in the blank Battlefield background, I still think Daisy's portrait is meant to interact with something regardless of Shantae's potential inclusion and it's something that this leak doesn't rectify.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
I went from 100% fake in the first hours after it dropped to undecided before going to bed last night to leaning fake a few hours ago. Outside of the various inconsistencies in the blank Battlefield background, I still think Daisy's portrait is meant to interact with something regardless of Shantae's potential inclusion and it's something that this leak doesn't rectify.
Not even that. Think about how much info needs to go into the final direct. 7 characters (5 unique newcomer trailers) plus all new modes, online, story modes, probably a "huge thank you" speech. **** doesn't add up.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Um, you have read the last dozen pages right? Everyone kinda got out their thoughts about the whole banner thing and everything was utter chaos. War was fought, debates raged on, leaks where picked apart, hearts were broken, avatars were changed and all I had to contribute was a stupid joke.

(Snort) Lol! I can definitely see that they both have that super haughty tone! I try to throw in that snotty sass every now and than.
I've noticed that, I think you put her off pretty well! (I swear that's meant to be a compliment) and if the series managed to get full voice acting or if I'm able to contribute in making a Shantae animated series a reality, Kira's definitely my first pick to cast as her.

Last edited:

A1Again

Smash Cadet
She does still look extremely awkward in that position alone...

EDIT:
Shantae Daisy Hip Bump copy.png

I still think this is best for Daisy.

Last edited:

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Um, you have read the last dozen pages right? Everyone kinda got out their thoughts about the whole banner thing and everything was utter chaos. War was fought, debates raged on, leaks where picked apart, hearts were broken, avatars were changed and all I had to contribute was a stupid joke.

I've noticed that, I think you put her off pretty well! (I swear that's meant to be a compliment) and if I'm able to contribute in making a Shantae animated series a reality, Kira's definitely my first pick to cast as her.
What page did this start on? When this leak come out? Was it yesterday?

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
I'm glad to see people's opinions kinda changed overnight. it's not debunked yet, but to me this final roster is too unrealistic.
I understand why so many people tend to believe in it : because their favorites are in.
About the backround, it's one more OBVIOUS element that something has been modified by someone who didn't actually have all the renders/backround elements. Some perspective issues and an obvious urge to get all these characters together that some positions don't mak sense.

What page did this start on? When this leak come out? Was it yesterday?
Yes yesterday, I think we made pretty good points as to why this leak may very well be fake.

Last edited:

grizby2

Smash Lord
I was thinking the same thing about daisy. shes still just there and it just bugs the hell out of me. anyway, if it IS real, then the final reveals are pretty decent. though im a bit suspicious about the fact that a good amount of the characters are the ones that were "planned for the game but didn't make it". cant wait to see what happens either way!

meanwhile, in other forums..
https://youtu.be/diMl3Nro9lQ?t=2868

Grimacebsx

Smash Apprentice
Don't know yet for certain. Everyone has kind of made up their own mind. We're all kind of split. The argument for it being true is that this guy may have legitmate connections to bandai Namco and they are showing never seen before promo art for the grinch (apparently he does some work for promo art). The argument against it is it's blurry we can't make out all the details including legitimacy, some of its character and bakground seems it may contradict the real banner, too good to be true, and the circumstances for it being blurry (because it was in an app) seem kind of flimsy. I lean more towards this being fake with the other evidence for other fighters like shantae and incineroar as well these shortcomings i find it hard to believe.
Sorry if that's kind of long oh well

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Don't know yet for certain. Everyone has kind of made up their own mind. We're all kind of split. The argument for it being true is that this guy may have legitmate connections to bandai Namco and they are showing never seen before promo art for the grinch (apparently he does some work for promo art). The argument against it is it's blurry we can't make out all the details including legitimacy, some of its character and bakground seems it may contradict the real banner, too good to be true, and the circumstances for it being blurry (because it was in an app) seem kind of flimsy. I lean more towards this being fake with the other evidence for other fighters like shantae and incineroar as well these shortcomings i find it hard to believe.
Even the Bandai Namco connection is questionable, because I recall someone saying that Bandai Namco wasn't even the ones doing the promotion, and it was coming from Nintendo itself to avoid leaks. Not confirmed, but I would not be surprised.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
The fact that this **** is blurry is proof enough for me.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Yeah just thought I'd put everything out there.
Makes no sense AT ALL!
There is NO WAY IN HELL you can convince me Sakurai just has the full roster print out laying around. And that if someone was working on this project, they'd have to be monitored.

To the people who believe this leak, you really think some guy got away with making a video of the banner with no supervision at all? You think Sakurai would just let that **** happen? And if this guy got a video, why the hell would his friend send a screenshot rather than just the ****ing video? How does that even make a lick of sense.

This **** is so stupid, bro. Fake as hell.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Alright. Im off to bed everyone!

I wish you all a wonderful night/day. Hopefully things are much brighter tomorrow!

Sorry to disappoint, but I am going from Cutieharu to Shant-bae.

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
If real, I will be slightly disappointed with no Shantae(or ANY female characters unless Mach Rider turns out to be a woman), but there's enough fan favorite stuff that I'd be happy for fans of characters and Isaac getting in would be huge. Plus if there's really a fighter not shown, then Shantae still has a chance. If fake, I won't be shocked. Either way, we're all along on Mr. Sakurai's Wild Ride. Might as well hold on tight until the game is out!

EDIT: Ugh, hit Post before I was ready. Regarding there being "too many characters", it's already come up a couple of times that 8 characters would fit with the blog posts, so I don't see that as an issue.

Last edited:

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
Man, people seem to be getting super defensive against those who choose to be skeptical of this leak, it's weird, usually it's the other way around :laugh:
Lotta venom towards anyone who tries to debunk it. It's kinda sad :/
I'm choosing to be on the side of "It's fake". I just kinda tend to think that something that's all weird and blurry is fake, and I'd rather go with my gut and be wrong on these sortsa things.
And hey, if I'm wrong I can at least take solace in the fact that whoever leaked it would probably end up knee deep in legal trouble and being blacklisted from stuff!

Tybalt: Herbal One

Smash Cadet
We are nearing the end of October, I’m surprised nothing was announced.
To be honest, I'm more surprised by how many people seem to be totally fine to think with this "leak' spoiling the roster, all because we got no news during october so far.

Edit: Typo

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Vocal minority vs. silent majority over this leak:

tumblr_l8mc51VCyY1qb8m44o1_500.png

And I've been too busy with my hobbies, so I wasn't around for any of it, I think.

She does still look extremely awkward in that position alone...

EDIT:
View attachment 171867
I still think this is best for Daisy.
I was thinking the same thing about daisy. shes still just there and it just bugs the hell out of me. anyway, if it IS real, then the final reveals are pretty decent. though im a bit suspicious about the fact that a good amount of the characters are the ones that were "planned for the game but didn't make it". cant wait to see what happens either way!

meanwhile, in other forums..
https://youtu.be/diMl3Nro9lQ?t=2868
They could always update the banner for DLC, though.

We are nearing the end of October, I’m surprised nothing was announced.
Just a gameplay trailer...that has no new footage in it and was already shown at EB Games before.

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
the amount of you people being in denial about the leak is amusing...
It's almost as if people are naturally skeptical during this speculation cycle where there have been like 300 leaks where every image leak is blurry and weird, and where people have also taken Vergeben's stuff and Steve as "Locks"...

Last edited:

Michel

Smash Rookie
You people do understand why
It's almost as if people are naturally skeptical during this speculation cycle where there have been like 300 leaks where every image leak is blurry and weird, and where people have also taken Vergeben's stuff and Steve as "Locks"...
And there is a very valid reason why this one is actually blurry, it's not even coming from the actual leaker

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Well, I mean, most of what you've been doing, is trying to find a way of crushing people's dreams, so I figured...
This is ridiculous.
All I did was giving my unpopular opinion and try to make people remain realistic.
Besides, I did my investigation on the Shantae thread which means that I tried to keep the dream alive for Shantae fans. I didn't go in other support threads to bring people down. I did the exact contrary of what you accuse me of. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom