• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shameful Fall 2 , searching for interest..Keokuk,Iowa

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Hey guys I was thinking about having another tournament in march. I realize there is tons of tourneys popping up everywhere but mine is great :chuckle: jk But for real I plan on recording matches and stuff and making a mini movie, montage etc. Anyways last one was pretty succesfull. The place is nice i'm going to provide a link

http://www.freewebs.com/kamikazefalco/

Click on the green link that says edge and you will be able to see pics. Anyways i'm trying to find enough interest.

I updated My website. Check it out!

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Is that in the north or south? I have a relative in the very north, near Montana I think, so that could be useful. Of course her house is eight hours away.....
How sure are the facts here?
Thanks for the warning though.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
Hey I'll be there. I might actually be able to get into town that day this time. I was actually planning on going to SF1 but wasn't able to get into town.

@applejack

Keokuk is in the very southeast corner of Iowa on the border with Missouri and Iowa.

Echo

Smash Champion
can you host it in any other part of iowa? seriously keokuk is WAAAAAY over there if we were to go on that long of a trip we might as well go to an illinois tourney x_x

Echo

Smash Champion
well, i'm 2 hours even further from Omaha, and I think its like 6 hours from Omaha or somethin like that... so it'd be like 8 or so for me :( the least you could do is des moines lol... oh well I guess I probably wont make it

applejack

Smash Journeyman
NO!! Echo come on! You can do it!!
I need as much Samus practice as I can get.
(on SSB64 samus was my main and I am trying to get back to being good with her)
I can't go to SMYM and if you can't go to this then are you going to DK?

any other good Samuses (samus'? what is the plural of samus?) coming?

Come on Echo!

I can just about promise I can go to this bty. Not too far and my mom is willing to drive.

is there an official date yet?

Fall

Smash Ace
I remember there is a samus player in Keokuk he isn't as good as Echo but i'm sure he could show you some things. And I should know by February if im able to go

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
any other good Samuses (samus'? what is the plural of samus?) coming?
Yeah Deveyus (SA-X) plays samus as Fall said and Kamikaze Falco has picked up Samus about a month or so ago and he's getting pretty good with her and I used to play Samus so there will be quite a few Samus players there just from here.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
@Fall

The two Samus players I can think of here are Deveyus and Kamikaze Falco. I'm a Roy player myself and this will be my first tournament that isn't among friends. I hope I can atleast do decently in this tournament, although I won't get my hopes up.

@Kamikaze Falco

Do you think the people at the Edge would let us use that area to hold the tournament? It would be pretty nice there.

@Frost Byte

:D Yay for synced up posts.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
well, i'm 2 hours even further from Omaha, and I think its like 6 hours from Omaha or somethin like that... so it'd be like 8 or so for me :( the least you could do is des moines lol... oh well I guess I probably wont make it
How can you break my heart like that?! T_T :mad:

@suichimo: Yeah I had shameful fall at the edge before so most likely it will happen there again.

@Apple Jack. The plural of Samy is Samooses.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
lol Actually, Apple and I already played SA-X at the DK tourney (he even used Apple's setup!). I think he partnered with a Gabe, but I don't know if it was the G@be (G@be uses Falcon, no? That Gabe mained Peach.) or anything. *shrugs*
He was pretty good, but I didn't get a one-on-one with him, though I wish I would have. Meh.

I'll be coming to this, KF. ^_^ Unless, obviously, some horrendously unfortunate cicrumstance should arise.
=/ Can it be any earlier than March, though? Say, January-ish?
I am SO glad impatience isn't one of the Seven Deadly Sins. ^_^''

applejack

Smash Journeyman
I have offered three tournaments to my mom recently. This is the only one that didn't get a straight out "no".
That gives me some hope. But like I said, hope can be bad.

January is good. January is very good.

Please give me some luck, I have a 1 out of 5 attendance going. (offered five tournaments, got to go to one)

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
lol Actually, Apple and I already played SA-X at the DK tourney (he even used Apple's setup!). I think he partnered with a Gabe, but I don't know if it was the G@be (G@be uses Falcon, no? That Gabe mained Peach.) or anything. *shrugs*
He was pretty good, but I didn't get a one-on-one with him, though I wish I would have. Meh.

I'll be coming to this, KF. ^_^ Unless, obviously, some horrendously unfortunate cicrumstance should arise.
=/ Can it be any earlier than March, though? Say, January-ish?
I am SO glad impatience isn't one of the Seven Deadly Sins. ^_^''
Nope that Gabe was me unfornatly :p

Yeah I don't wanna wait in till March either I'll make Kamikaze change the date to sometime in Jaunary.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
WTF! (...Uh...Well That's Funny!)
Yeah, I was that annoying white Marth. =P Hiya.
So do you plan to go to the second DK tourney?

Oh, and you have my thanks if you can help move this tourney to January. ^_^

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
After carefull consideration I decided that January would seem ok. I don't feel comfortable with first saturday in January, but who knows. Time will tell. But I can't guarantee a date yet. I still need some time.

Other than that hypothetical plans are going pretty good. But stay tuned peeps.

Hey fall try get your crew interested.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Well I got good news that everybody was wanting to hear. Shut up chris! lol. I just realized I have to work at walmart. And the holiday season is going to be the busiest time for me. So I say this thing should happen the first saturday. Whenever that is lol

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
This is starting to look very good. Not only will I get some valuable tournament experience but I will be able to get much better with Roy by playing against multiple characters with different fighting styles. :)

runningman_03

Smash Rookie
well, i am from fairfield, but i go to school up at isu so the first week of january would be amazing for me because it equals not nearly as much travel time. i could also probably lasso some more players from fairfield. oh and i definitely look forward to playing kintehr again.

Top Bottom