• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shall we GTFO out of the /pf/ folder?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I am proposing a move out of the pf folder for Brawl+ related files.
As we insert more and more GUI modifications, it becomes more and more complicated to run vBrawl with the file replacement code active on one SD card.

Here is what I propose.
We continue loading songs from the pf folder.
We load standard/stable brawl+ releases from /bp/
We load beta brawl+ releases from /b0/
We have the GCT name changed to BRAWLP.GCT, or we add support for a VBRAWL.GCT to be loaded from the updatifier(Which is the only way to launch vBrawl with long codelists from USB AFAIK)
This alone presents problems. The one thing people would immediately hate is that textures would have to be duplicated to have them loaded, along with other commonly replaces files (info.pac, mu_menumain.pac)

We could write codes so that certain files are still loaded from /pf/.
I can do so immediately, I just want to know what you other people think of the idea.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Good idea Dantarion. I still want to load from RSBE01.gct not just because that's the default Gecko provides, as he never released the source for 1.9.1 so we can't patch that to load BRAWLP.gct.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
If you could write it so that it checks bp for .pac files first, and then checks pf if it isn't found, finally checking the game if it isn't found in either, it should work out fine so that people don't need to keep multiple copies of a file on their sd card.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
its rly easy to swap the folder obviously, i would switch it to use the bp folder for the time being. in some instances yea some ppl might need 2 copies of some things for vB and B+, or you can do what i do for my brawl+ file... i have everything normally load from bp folder, yet the song replace part of the code still loads from pf. That was I need two copies of textures for vB and B+, but only one copy of custom music (which takes up some space) that both B+ and vB can read from.

Top Bottom