• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFL Zp Melee Smashfest/Mini tourney - 01/31/09**

Linguini

Smash Master
Yoo, alright im letting you guys know this is happening in advance. Bring your cubes and tv's and well play some melee.

Date: This saturday.

Fees: $5 if you want to for singles and $5 for teams.

Time: 2-8 pm

call my cell for info if needed: 954-647-7972

Oh and i will be bringing the goods so dwayne/pete/(bring cameron and sam, pete) you know what it is.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Emilio maybe u should let people kno ur tryin to go to gigs, unless dont have to be there for this smashfest to happen, which is possible...

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
riiiiiiiiiiides.

if i can get a ride i ahve recording equipment for those who want...well **** recorded.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Really? We'll host ours a little later then, but still come and everyone try to bring setups. ZP should be able to run a two tournaments day. lol, I've been to venues where they had 4 different types of tournaments that day and everything still ran smoothly.

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
Really? We'll host ours a little later then, but still come and everyone try to bring setups. ZP should be able to run a two tournaments day. lol, I've been to venues where they had 4 different types of tournaments that day and everything still ran smoothly.
What time are you thinking? I didn't bring my cube down with me for the weekend so I'm saying sorry in advance.

ZeroPing

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, Phil from ZeroPing here. Since Linguine decided that he wasn't going to tell me about the tournament he is hosting but not going to be here for, I just found out about it know, and as lilman posted, we are having another tournament, from 12 till about 9. You guys can still come down and have the tourney, but priority is going to go to Will's tournament, since I've known about it for two weeks, as opposed to finding out about this the night before it happens. We should have about two TV's open, maybe more, maybe less, at least till after 9 or so. Don't mean to come down hard on anyone traveling for this, but someone really needs to let me know about these things in advance, preferably the TO. And to anyone who doesn't get this message, sorry in advance.

-Phil

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
i live at the university of miami

i can bring a cube and a tv if i get ar ide as well.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
yah jason said he can get me a ride

thanks thoug ill call him in a bit

also i can bring recording device as well. so for htose who want to be recorded i gotchu :D

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
im down for whatever

jason is definitely picking me up

hopefully there wil be a tv with inputs AND outputs so we can record.

i cleared my comp for this

yayy for everyone being recorded.

Smilez

Smash Journeyman
I WANT TO BE RECORDED! I need to see the flaws in my game.

Also, is this just a smashfest or an actual tournament? There will be like 6 of us so I don't know if we should do a tournament.
6? There is going more than 6 people. At least 10 people for sure.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
unfortunately i can no longer bring the tv

its getting epic used.

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
ggs everyone. 2nite was fun.
I'm guessing this is Ed the marth player? Right? If so, don't get discouraged. Your marth will get better if you put some time into it. Work on spacing your forward airs. If you see your opponent coming, short hop backwards and forward air. Also when edgeguarding, try not to use shield breaker unless they will barely reach the ledge with their recovery. Forward smash or jab their recovery instead. Hopefully this helps.

Elliot (peach): Nice peach man. You're really good at spacing her fair. You're hard to play against. You don't roll or spot dodge which is weird. Good matches.

Spider sense: Playing against your ganon was the most relaxed I felt all of the mini tournament. Your ganon is so fluid. Nice matches. Who knows about your roy? Haha.

Smilez: Great fox and falco. Our tournament matches were really close. Too bad you SD'ed a few times in our friendlies.

Junglefever: Nice shiek. Try edgehogging the ledge into an aerial against Marths. You're really good at wavelanding into bairs and fairs haha. Thanks for bringing recording equipment btw.

I know I didn't name everyone I played against, but I had fun at this smashfest/tournament. Good matches everyone.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
**** was awesome guys

ed and brother (sorry i dont remmeber your name :(): guys are a whole lot of fun to play against, make matches exciting. you guys will be up there in no time :D

jason: you're ganon does some crazy ****. i love it. more singles friendlies next time though

Smilez: we had a few friendlies...fun stuff..more in the futre

Stephen: playign you in teams was prolly the most fun ive had in whiel...good friendlies before too :D

Andreas & kevin - you guys are good man. look forward to seeign you at some more ****

wow i forgot Marlon - dude our set was pretty epic and alot of fun we'll play again soon only ill win this time :D

crispyone: you're crazy i couldnt get a move in edgewise on your falcon or marth :(....fun stuff though hopefully we'll play again soon

yo i have to cut up all the vids and post them to youtube...so.....this will take ane pic while but ill start tomorrow :D

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Good game guys but just one issue.

I accidentally left my MP3 player near the 2nd large TV, the one Smilez and I (Marlon) played on during the pools. Did anyone see it on your way out?

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom