• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFL@! Help 2link!!!

DFEAR

Smash Hero
GET BETTER RECORDING EQUIPMENT

yup you heard it here folks. 2link needs better recording equipment!

ElChubaNebre 1:08 am
danny never stops amazing me with his music
lol did u ever finish recording gallaxfest matches?
GallaxFest!!!! 2/12/11 which was a month ago!

Twolink121 1:09 am
I'm like half done now, recording has been slow though since the software I'm using is buggy >.>. I'm trying to find something else to capture the video.

ElChubaNebre 1:09 am
dazzle?

Twolink121 1:10 am
I kinda wish I had a dazzle though lol

Twolink121 1:11 am
The Desktop TV tuner has worked well for all these months, but I don't have much freedom with it. Plus will a dazzle I can make recording set ups at tournies.

so it would be in our best interest if the sfl/cfl community can help the cause! by donating ANY amount of money to 2link so we can help him help us record stuff lol

ElChubaNebre 1:14 am
hmm
should i take all the money to buy it for u
or can we trust u to buy a dazzle LOL
xD
not gonna buy crack right?

Twolink121 1:15 am
I'd be fine if you guys buy it
hahaha

ElChubaNebre 1:15 am
you trust me buying it for you?

Twolink121 1:15 am
sure
it'd feel more like a present that way

so guys yea ill be making a seperate "pot" for 2link at esams
we are looking to buy
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pinnacl...18156775760&skuId=9714371&st=dazzle&cp=1&lp=5
this for him

so any amount is fine guys...the rest ill pay out of my pocket for garret and if anything goes over imma just donate to garret anyway :3

just wanna show my appreciation towards what he does for us =D

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I just need to buy a cord and I can do mine. I can actually probably record. I just don't know how to get the video perfect. Wanna help me dfear?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
next time i see him i can just let him borrow my dazzle for a few months

not like i can record anything until i get a new computer anyway

and dscaler is pretty amazing for the actual software part of recording the video. Thats what i used to record all my matches i uploaded (minues a few used with my flip camera...you can easily tell which ones those were. Also the skipping is due to my computer, not the program)

DC

Smash Cadet
Lol you stupid ****s, I was selling my HD PVR a while ago and nobody here said anything so I sold it on eBay. Could've been recordin brawl vids in HD like my blazblue videos but y'all didn't say ****.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
I just need to buy a cord and I can do mine. I can actually probably record. I just don't know how to get the video perfect. Wanna help me dfear?
Which recorder do you have? Hmm, doesn't matter actually. You just need virtual dub and the divx codec. I'll post my virtual dub settings when I have a chance in case anyone is having trouble recording full matches under 30mb.

Then again, I really only record melee. Brawl may be easier?

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
The man speaks the truth. Ebay has it for a lot cheaper ~~~> Linky

I remember there being another decent/cheaper recorder besides for the dazzle. Anyone remember what it was called?

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Garb and I optimized the settings a while back to get nice quality synced videos that are pretty small. I'll let you know the settings I use once I'm off work, maybe he could deliver sooner.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Which recorder do you have? Hmm, doesn't matter actually. You just need virtual dub and the divx codec. I'll post my virtual dub settings when I have a chance in case anyone is having trouble recording full matches under 30mb.

Then again, I really only record melee. Brawl may be easier?
I forget. I could go and look right now but too lazy.

Exdeath

Smash Master
You can send me the videos and I will upload them, just like I said ~a month ago. :ohwell:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
DFEAR, buy the dazzle right now on ebay, and people who are donating will give you at the tournament. If I win singles I'll give you 15 bucks. If I get 2nd I'll give 10, if I get 3rd I'll give 5.

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
Good **** @ ESAM. Everyone else is missing the point. 2link is, at this moment, the main source of all our FL vids (primarily SFL), so it WOULD be nice to donate a bit of money so we can get our videos in HD and ****. We're not talking about other people recording or any of that. This is a thread for donating to him.

I'll throw down some money too.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Idk what I should do. I feel like I should do something other than donating money considering I have recording stuff too.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
this thread is strictly for 2link and HIS recording needs and i WILL buy the BEST recording equipment for him...

i hope ur comp can handle da pro dazzle garret!

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Oh don't worry about that DFEAR, I bought a new laptop recently so I won't have any problem using the dazzle lol.(I wish I could record from the wii emulator, but the frame rate drops when I hit record >.>)

Taylor, it's fine if you don't feel like donating. I know you have your own equipment. I'm just not going to stick with just recording replays at home if I were to have this. I would have a recording setup at tournies. That means: less stress about saving replays, guaranteed full recording of sets, waaaay faster replay recording/uploading, commentary and hopefully livestreams. I'd bring my set up to every event too.

I really do appreciate your guys' caring. I'll do my best with this equipment

:rosalina:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I'm just not going to stick with just recording replays at home if I were to have this. I would have a recording setup at tournies. That means: less stress about saving replays, guaranteed full recording of sets, waaaay faster replay recording/uploading, commentary and hopefully livestreams. I'd bring my set up to every event too.

I'd bring my set up to every event too.

bring my set up to every event too.

set up to every event too.

every event

need i say more?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yo, DFEAR, can you buy it now? I'll give you like 25 bucks on wednesday when I see you. I forgot at the venue :(

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The deed is done.

People need to give me money now :3

DFEAR, Afro's 20 should go to me.

Anydboy else willing to chip in would be awesome. It was like 95 in total (with tax and shipping)

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Hat is ok. Greenace accidentally had it. Still dont take my hat. = /

Now that I don't have to buy a new one I can help with this.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You guys can do that part. I think I'm done lol

Rockband microphone works perfectly.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Radioshack has splitters.4 bucks apiece. That's where I got my 3 for my dazzle

You can get decent mics at wal mart even so that shouldn't take too long lol

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Yeah, I live right next to a RadioShack and Wal Mart. I want to order a Rock Band Mic though. ESAM seemed to like it and it seems great for doing commentary.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Usb mic? They been making those for awhile now :laugh:

Both wal mart and Radioshack should have those

Top Bottom