• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Sep 19, 2015] HASLfest 12 - Smash WiiU, Melee, PM (Huntsville, AL)

moogle

Smash Ace
HASLfest 7 is on Saturday, April 18!

12:00pm Project M Singles
3:00pm Melee Singles
6:00pm Smash Wii U Singles

Alejandro Garcia

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1392-6737-7090
so can we bring a 3DS with us to use as control or do we have to have a different control like a game cube one?

Alejandro Garcia

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1392-6737-7090
Too bad there won't be any doubles, because @ Zoma Zoma and I are the best team in Alabama. Because of this, we're willing to money match ANYONE in Alabama doubles. Besides Moogle and Joot. So get at us.
What in Smash 4? Because me and my friend christian would be able to beat you no sweet

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Wish I could make it more often, missed another month.

How far in advance are the dates usually set? Last month I thought I overheard that these will usually be on the third Saturday, but then this month throws that off. I should be able to get off a Saturday each month, I just need to give appropriate notice.

moogle

Smash Ace
Results from HASLfest 8: http://smashboards.com/threads/haslfest-8-wiiu-melee-pm-5-23-2015-huntsville-al.404043/

Number of Entrants:
PM - 49
Melee - 45
Wii U - 63
How far in advance are the dates usually set? Last month I thought I overheard that these will usually be on the third Saturday, but then this month throws that off. I should be able to get off a Saturday each month, I just need to give appropriate notice.
HASLfest 9 will be on Saturday, June 20. Please note that the venue will likely be different from usual. Charger Union is closed on weekends during the summer.

HASLfest 10 should either be the weekend of July 18 or July 25, but I'm not sure yet. EVO 2015 is the weekend of July 18.

We generally aim for the third Saturday of each month, but we also try to avoid overlapping dates with other tournaments nearby (and possibly EVO-sized tournaments too).

Last edited:

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Thanks for the details. Also followed this thread so I should see the dates when they get updated pretty quickly.

Mr_Fruity9

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zhyron23
Why does it have to be Father's Day weekend? I was anticipated to go to this tournament.

Mr_Fruity9

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zhyron23
So we just show to the event? You don't have to be there early? Or pre-register?

moogle

Smash Ace
We have a new location for this month's tournament!

Renasant Bank community room (on Google Maps)
4245 Balmoral Dr SW
Huntsville, AL 35801

Our usual location, Charger Union at UAH, is closed on weekends during summer break. The new location is about a 10 minute drive from the old one. Here's a picture album to help find the place: http://bit.ly/1QwBymC

Last edited:

Mr_Fruity9

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zhyron23
I hope they do ban the characters. Due to some of them having some strong potential that hasn't been shown yet.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
I hope they do ban the characters. Due to some of them having some strong potential that hasn't been shown yet.
So do you think the rest of the cast has their full potential already on the table? The game has 55 characters and 9 months of metagame minus all the time lost with patch changes. Anyone who can pick up a new character and start winning within a week is probably already skilled.

The only argument for banning them really is that they are locked behind a $25 paywall which will inevitably limit the number of full setups available.

Last edited:

Zoma

Smash Journeyman
A more reasonable argument is that this could very possibly be the first time someone ever plays against one of these characters.

Not that I think they should be banned, nor will I even play the game. But it is a thing to note.

Mr_Fruity9

Smash Rookie
NNID
Zhyron23
See that was my valid point. Some players don't have the DLC yet, and can't see or practice against these fighters. But hey it's your tournament

moogle

Smash Ace
HASLfest 10 is July 24-25! We have a new-new venue that is far more spacious than before.

This will be a 1.5 day event. Friday night, choose between Melee Doubles and Smash 4 Doubles. Saturday will operate normally, with PM, Melee, and Smash 4 Singles.

If you are in need of housing Friday night, contact Nick Hanson on Facebook or PM me (moogle) on smashboards.

If you plan on attending, we have a pre-registration form! http://goo.gl/forms/zTnqMjDhCz

Last edited:

moogle

Smash Ace
You can register in person at any time up until the posted time for the tournament (e.g. 11am Saturday for Project M singles, 2pm for Melee singles, etc). There may be a little leeway for latecomers to register, especially if you can notify HASL staff that you'll be late. But once a tournament bracket has actually started, then it's too late to enter that tournament.

We also have a pre-registration form, if you want to be sure that you don't miss registration. :) http://goo.gl/forms/zTnqMjDhCz

Last edited:

Jose Ocampo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jose305
3DS FC
1263-8799-3859
Okay thanks a lot @ moogle moogle if you see someone in the form that's listed as Bender then that's me. Can you give me a confirmation of the entry? PM me if you can. Please and thank you.

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
Looks like this will be my first tournament for smash 4 and first tourney in general. Let's see where I stand. :shades:

Last edited:

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Hbox said he's coming to north Alabama. Maybe he'll come to the Huntsville monthlies and win some money.

Top Bottom