• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Sep 13, 2015] ASL Presents: Hidden Power Bi-Monthlies (Mobile, Alabama)

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
i'm the teams free agent. i have a different teammate every tournament lol

still get top 3 90% of the time

out of 7

Last edited:

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Yea we twitch has come down on us. They are dropping the hammer. I'm only accepting music that is public domain. Also your wii didn't play melee at all last time. We can't have that again.

Ruse

Fox
Had to wake up at 4am today for a sunrise wedding. Will definitely make it for singles. I'll have 2 other players with me and 1 PM and 1 Melee setup.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
My Wii does play Melee, you just have to run it form the default Wii screen.

EDIT: And I saw the whole Twitch thing, all I have is video game music.

Last edited:

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
Hey Zone we never got to do our $5 money match, wanna do it at this coming up tourney?

Our sets are always down to the last stock so it should be a good one :)

Zone

Smash Champion
I was all falcon last time, I've been doin fox and Marth only lately.

So probably not.

Unless you want to money match any character of mine. My falcon needs to be warmed up.

Last edited:

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
So zone told me this weekend that he might end up being late because he coming from Panama City. With that in mind I think we will run Melee second this weekend. Is that okay?

Also, we have all been starting to slack off and show up later and later. It's pushing everything back to later in the day which I've heard several people complain about. You guys NEED to come on time. I need at least 30 minutes to get everything in TIO and set up the brackets.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
So the August edition of Hidden Power didn't start the Melee tourney until 9pm. I couldn't stick around that late due to work, so I didn't get to enter. I decided to skip September's event but watched the live stream and saw that once again Melee singles started at 9pm.

Can something please be done about this? Maybe see if we can get into the venue sooner or something.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
I unfortunately got really hung up and couldn't make it to the venue until late. After that we spent a good hour working on livestream stuff because some of the equipment just wasn't working. I don't think we started the first tournament until way too late.

I think one of the biggest things that pushes back the tournament is trying to find time to call out matches and seed while I'm still in the tournament. Getting someone to call out matches isn't too hard, but with Ryker AWOL from the last 3 events I haven't had my usual crutch for getting seeding help. I'll look into these things and try to work on them for next time.

Next month I plan on dropping PM doubles completely in favor of Smash 4 singles, which will mean the whole schedule will probably be switched around. Right now I'm leaning towards doing PM Singles first, then Melee Doubles then Melee Singles and finally Smash 4. We will see how that plays out.

Dron

Smash Apprentice
yo, anybody know anything about a wii power cable that got left at the last HP? I haven't touched my wii since then and just realized that I left it

apparently the last people out of the door got a hold of it but I'm not sure who exactly has it right now, so if you know, hmu

Wafer6866

Smash Journeyman
yo, anybody know anything about a wii power cable that got left at the last HP? I haven't touched my wii since then and just realized that I left it

apparently the last people out of the door got a hold of it but I'm not sure who exactly has it right now, so if you know, hmu
I have it. I tried to figure out who it belonged to but you had been gone for hours at that point

Dron

Smash Apprentice
no prob dude, I'll just grab it at the next tournament we're both at

Last edited:

KittyMW

Smash Apprentice
If I can find a ride out to this place from base I'll start showing up after I get ATP. Hope you guys are ready for an OH player to take over ;P

Dron

Smash Apprentice
Top Bottom